achris

Ben 10 discussion thread

Come on Lego do Ben 10 in system form, we all want Kevin's car !

HAHAHAHA!!!! :laugh: That made my day. My little brother said the same thing.

This wouldn't be all too bad if they went to minifig sets. But right now I doubt I'll venture out and buy one.

HAHAHAHA!!!! :laugh: That made my day. My little brother said the same thing.

This wouldn't be all too bad if they went to minifig sets. But right now I doubt I'll venture out and buy one.

I hate ben 10 but would like LEGO to have success with his licenses just like anybody else.

I really think they should avoid the Galidor pitfall. Though minifigs could be a little inappropriate for lack of articulation. IMHO they should take the construct-a-buzz approach! That thing is amazing since the flexibility of real lego bricks is combined with articulation...

I have little interest in this line, but I can see it being a hit with the kids. I saw two kids walk out of the Lego store pretty happy with a couple of these.

Hope it does well.

I can't reveal anything about new products, but you can probably understand that there is a good reason why Ben 10 did get a newly designed ball cup.

But please complain about the broken pieces to consumer service on lego-dot-com. You will get new parts, and we will get knowledge of where to improve.

I have never myself broken ball cups on the 2x2 brick, but I have no doubt that it happens like on Bionicle elements with the same ball cup design.

I've thrown two out (I got a lot of Exo Force so I'm not short) and the other is still in Buzz's shoulder. It cracked when I was putting the ball in. He can probably tell the weather a week ahead but it's holding. I won't bother sending that off, too much hassle on both sides for one brick, and I had to get a whole bag of parts replaced that were missing from the box a few weeks ago, so I don't want TLG to think I'm bad luck....

I must admit even though I don't like this theme and I can't imagine that this would sell like hot pancakes there are some nice parts.

Swampfire has some small leaf pars in green and red which look like they could be LEGO compatible (connection point looks as thick as a LEGO bar)

Big Chill has some very nice wings, who knows what some MOC'er will use them for.

Chroma Stone had some purple spike pieces which apear to be LEGO compatible just like Swampfire's leaf pieces.

And Humungousaur looks actually very nice, I might (MIGHT) consider buying him.

All of the figs have this Ooga Booga mask thingy going on, so their heads might be used in a nice tribal ancient God kind of way.

Bart

Yes, all the small pieces are with shafts of regular dimensions like light sabers.

Ben 10 sets only has completely new pieces.

At first I didn't like the sets but after seeing atamaii's review of Big Chill I wanted Big Chill and now I like all of the sets plus I like the Ben 10 Alien Force show. I plan on getting Jet Ray, Chromastone, and Big Chill first then Swampfire, Humungosaur, and Spidermonkey last. man I wonder if they'll make Brainstorm, boy that would be funny (lmao).

At first I didn't like the sets but after seeing atamaii's review of Big Chill I wanted Big Chill and now I like all of the sets plus I like the Ben 10 Alien Force show. I plan on getting Jet Ray, Chromastone, and Big Chill first then Swampfire, Humungosaur, and Spidermonkey last. man I wonder if they'll make Brainstorm, boy that would be funny (lmao).

MAAAN! You made my day! Atamaii is the best! xD

I still think this line will be hit, because I know how Kids (and not only) love Ben10.

But as I said- I'm going to buy just Big Chill- he is my favorite!

Does anyone know about the success these sets have had so far? My retailers won't have 2010 sets in a while, so I'd like to know were able to sell or if they became shelf warmers in the first world.

I am suspecting it didn't go that well, because apparently Bandai got the license to make ben 10 toys that are basically the same thing (using a lame chamber thing but the aliens are buildable and parts interchangeable), except that with a lot more aliens. So I wouldn't know why would kids get the LEGO ones when they can just get two bandai ones for less than the price of a single one. I mean: http://www.amazon.com/Ben-10-Alien-Creation-Chamber/dp/B0018MLZLW and http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B001G119YI/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=165793011&s=toys-and-games .

I despise the theme but it seemed like a good source of certain new molds. Many people hate that the legs were used in HF villain sets but I actually think they are sort of fine as parts, they don't have less insertion points than the nuva legs...

Does anyone know about the success these sets have had so far? My retailers won't have 2010 sets in a while, so I'd like to know were able to sell or if they became shelf warmers in the first world.

I am suspecting it didn't go that well, because apparently Bandai got the license to make ben 10 toys that are basically the same thing (using a lame chamber thing but the aliens are buildable and parts interchangeable), except that with a lot more aliens. So I wouldn't know why would kids get the LEGO ones when they can just get two bandai ones for less than the price of a single one. I mean: http://www.amazon.com/Ben-10-Alien-Creation-Chamber/dp/B0018MLZLW and http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B001G119YI/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=165793011&s=toys-and-games .

I despise the theme but it seemed like a good source of certain new molds. Many people hate that the legs were used in HF villain sets but I actually think they are sort of fine as parts, they don't have less insertion points than the nuva legs...

I actually like the theme, because the cartoony simplicity of the part designs feels very LEGO (even though that's merely a side-effect of the show's visual style). I certainly approve of these parts being used in Hero Factory, because the smooth, refined style feels consistent with the HF aesthetic.