On a scale of 1 to 5  

91 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Lego didn't hit the broad side of a barn
    • 2 - Bad year for the crops
    • 3 - Average Acre
    • 4 - Forget Disneyland, I'm going to Green Acres
    • 5 - Farm-fastic!

This may be a weird time to kick this topic. But I'm seriously considering getting this now after hearing about the new pig pen with really nice tractor that's scheduled for 2010. After reading your review I'm doubting even more. The tractor, little stable, cows and all the accessories are really nice, I'm just not sold yet on the barn and the silo. Did anyone try combining this with the 'European' version of the main model of the 4956 creator house added as a farm house?

The grain silo is average, you pull a little tab out and 30 1x1 studs drop out. However that is barely enough to litter the ground of the tractor's wheat/bale tractor. The barn is below average. It is made out of huge pieces and has no interior.

However, I bought just because the pig pen is coming out. :tongue:

No comments on the Family House.

Brickster, you are kind of dating yourself with that green acres comment. Lol. It really hits home for me, I watched that as a kid all the time.

As for the review, its great. Looks like it came straight out of the academy!

Edited by Big Cam

Did anyone try combining this with the 'European' version of the main model of the 4956 creator house added as a farm house?

Interesting thought. I had not thought of this. I'll have to check out that Creator house. I did; however, build this farm house.

Brickster, you are kind of dating yourself with that green acres comment. Lol. It really hits home for me, I watched that as a kid all the time.

What do you mean; I still watch it now. :laugh:

As for the review, its great. Looks like it came straight out of the academy!

Thanks- but I think it was pre-academy. Some of us "old-timers" on the board did a lot of reviews over the years (although I realize this wasn't too far back).