Davey

Bluebrick Layout Software

Cool! I don't think I have seen 167 before. :thumbup: I just updated the index. Sorry it is taking me a while. Work is manic. I just sent an email to Alban asking about a release date. I figured 3-4 weeks which I hope will be enough for all of us to get the XML help file sorted, finalize the testing on the XML authoring, get all the GIFs nice and uniform (matching grays etc.) as well as adding vehicles and minifigs etc to things we have already done... while also having enough time to do non Lego related things ( :oh: can't believe I just said that) :laugh:

Are we missing any important track pieces? Panda9001100, how are you getting on with your de-coupler 7862? Need a hand? Seeing Panda's massive line of 12V controllers and switches I was even thinking of making GIFs for them (and perhaps 9V too) but they not available in the LDraw library. Any ideas? Perhaps MS Paint (thinking of cusaeng's GIFs which look good).

I will try to get back from work earlier tomorrow and answer some PMs. Thanks for all the hard work you guys, I have no doubt many Lego train fans out there really appreciate it.

Hi,

Yes sure, there is no hurry. 3 to 4 weeks should be ok. I'm just worry about the integration of all your impressive work.

But anyway, before the release, I need to finish the integration of the help file.

Bye.

Cool! I don't think I have seen 167 before. :thumbup: I just updated the index. Sorry it is taking me a while. Work is manic. I just sent an email to Alban asking about a release date. I figured 3-4 weeks which I hope will be enough for all of us to get the XML help file sorted, finalize the testing on the XML authoring, get all the GIFs nice and uniform (matching grays etc.) as well as adding vehicles and minifigs etc to things we have already done... while also having enough time to do non Lego related things ( :oh: can't believe I just said that) :laugh:

Maybe , there should be a list with the all the things that has to be done. Or with what "we" want in the release.

Are we missing any important track pieces?

Put all the trackpieces u want on the list.

Seeing Panda's massive line of 12V controllers and switches I was even thinking of making GIFs for them (and perhaps 9V too) but they not available in the LDraw library. Any ideas? Perhaps MS Paint (thinking of cusaeng's GIFs which look good).

Hope you like these :

2868b.0.gif

4707.7.gifXML4707pb01.7.gifXML4707pb02.7.gifXML4707pb03.7.gifXML4707pb04.7.gifXML

I will try to get back from work earlier tomorrow and answer some PMs. Thanks for all the hard work you guys, I have no doubt many Lego train fans out there really appreciate it.

It's fun to do. And we all benefit from it. :thumbup:

I'm just worry about the integration of all your impressive work.

That's a luxery problem :tongue:

Wow Freebee, you figured out the trick :thumbup:

Good job. I think we are all creating vey good addons for BlueBrick.

In some way , I think Alban is very happy with our additions, so indeed it is a luxury probleem :tongue:

You people are working on the clock here :thumbup: . Too bad I've little time right now, cause of my work and private daily stuff. This is my second week work, after 3 week holiday. I haven't even time to enjoy my lego after my holiday :cry_sad: . With what I'm so busy with :look: ? I hadn't even any time left to watch the second movie of the instructions of this new software. Sorry I didn't started to make this de-coupler 7862 yet.

I love those 12v switches :cry_happy::wub: , I can't wait to make a layout with this fabulous software. Whom I can give a hug for making these switches anyway?

I love those 12v switches :cry_happy::wub: , I can't wait to make a layout with this fabulous software. Whom I can give a hug for making these switches anyway?

A bit of team work. I had the idea and Freebee did the implementation. I would say you should give Freebee the hug as ideas are nothing without implementation and the GIFs look great! Now all we need is a 12V transformer and we're sorted! Who needs real Lego anyway? :wink:

Panda, you have plenty of time to get the de-coupler done. :classic: Let me know if you want me to put it in the "under construction list" for you.

Aawsum, thanks for the NL translation for the video tutorials! I still owe you the callouts for tutorial 3. I willl get them to you ASAP.

Alban is indeed thrilled with all the effort people are putting in. I think it is a great feeling when a project one starts suddenly has such a dedicated fan base.

A note to all contributors:

I have just put a ToDo/Priority list for the 1.5 release at the bottom of the BlueBrick index page. I will update it when ever necessary. Please send any feedback concerning the list or any questions you might have to me in a PM message. Thanks!

Edited by missouri_bb63

Aawsum, thanks for the NL translation for the video tutorials! I still owe you the callouts for tutorial 3. I willl get them to you ASAP.

My pleasure, and you know that.

I am also working on some gifs this week, but the progress is due to a lack of time. I also had some troubles finding the right elements in MLCAD. It seems that somethimes some specific elements are named a bit different then I expected :cry_sad:

But I finally found them, so I am hoping to add some more gifs this week.

Whom I can give a hug for making these switches anyway?
A bit of team work.
It is ALL teamwork.... GROUPHUG !!!!!!
I have just put a ToDo/Priority list for the 1.5 release at the bottom of the BlueBrick index page.
Thanx, it will make it a lot easier if we all know what we need and want.
I also had some troubles finding the right elements in MLCAD. It seems that somethimes some specific elements are named a bit different then I expected :cry_sad:

But I finally found them, so I am hoping to add some more gifs this week.

Maybe a tip. I look them up on peeron and bricklink. Then i leftclick in mlcad and add a part. You can use the partnumber that way. :classic:

Maybe a tip. I look them up on peeron and bricklink. Then i leftclick in mlcad and add a part. You can use the partnumber that way. :classic:

I did, and still had troubles. I finally used a different approach and used a text search in my files .... that worked

So, really busy translating the help file, so I needed a break and created 2 GIFs on my todo list

GIF XML : 6363 Auto Repair Shop

6363.set.gif

GIF XML : 6369 Auto workshop

6369.set.gif

Edited by aawsum

Now all we need is a 12V transformer and we're sorted!

Sorry for the long wait :classic:

GIF : 7864 Electric, Train 220V - 12V Transformer Type 1

7864.7.gif

And today it's Duplo day. :look:

GIF XML : 6376

6376.8.gif

GIF XML : 6377

6377.8.gif

GIF XML : 6378

6378.8.gif

GIF XML : 6379cx1

6379cx1.8.gif

GIF XML : 31442

31442.8.gif

GIF XML : 3773

3773.set.gif

They are not perfect yet but it is a start. :thumbup:

Panda, you have plenty of time to get the de-coupler done. :classic: Let me know if you want me to put it in the "under construction list" for you.
If someone is faster then me, no problem. It can take a while I'll make one, too busy lately.
It is ALL teamwork.... GROUPHUG !!!!!!
Aslong it stays with this, everyone can get a hug form me :grin:
I did, and still had troubles. I finally used a different approach and used a text search in my files .... that worked

So, really busy translating the help file, so I needed a break and created 2 GIFs on my todo list

GIF XML : 6363 Auto Repair Shop

6363.set.gif

GIF XML : 6369 Auto workshop

6369.set.gif

The XML links doesn't work. Love these sets :blush: .

Hi,

Thanks for the duplo parts! I know the Duplo switch point does not exist yet in LDRAW, so I used a picture of a real part for my library.

Your 12V switch panel makes me think that I could create another type of connection. The problem is right now, the number of connection is hard-coded in the software. I need to make this configurable in an XML file with a unlimited list of connection type with a configurable color. This is something I have in my todo list. But first, what I will do today is to move the description of the part inside the part xml.

Bye.

The XML links doesn't work.

Cool, that has something to do with capitalized letters. The originals have ".xml" and in the topic I used ".XML".

I changed the original topic, so gif it another try please.

That's amazing. the GIF factory seems to be running at maximum efficiency! I will add them to the index this evening. :classic: I have not been able to do much recently but I have added minifigs and vehicles, and improved the xmls for the following sets... 4555, 4553, 4565, 7824, 6542, 7822 and 6699. I even included the ships/boats in 6542. Let me know what you guys think....

6542.set.gif

...and I made a new 6399 Airport Shuttle to complete the replacements for the original BlueBrick/Track Designer parts.

6399.set1.gif

GIF XML : 6399 Airport Shuttle Main Terminal

6399.set2.gif

GIF XML : 6399 Airport Shuttle Small Terminal

Edited by missouri_bb63

The GIF factory must be running at maximum efficiency! I will add them to the index this evening. :classic: I have not been able to do much recently but I have added minifigs and vehicles, and improved the xmls for the following sets... 4555, 4553, 4565, 7824, 6542, 7822, 6699. I even included the ships/boats in 6542. Let me know what you guys think....

I would say, looking very recognisable and a lot better :classic:

To prove we are at max speed a new addition

The Holiday Home

GIF XML : 6374 Holiday Home

6374.set.gif

I have just uploaded more GIFs with retro-fitted vehicles and minifigs. Sets 6378, 6365, 6360, 6541 , 6952 and 6380. Just a few more to go!

EDIT 22.09.09:

As there was no reaction to the post which I had originally written here, I chose not to make any further modifications to part 2859 and made a mirrored copy for part 2681. The original XMLs should work just fine as there were no changes to the size or shape of the parts extremities.

2859.8.gif

GIF : 2859 Train Track 9V Point Right

2861.8.gif

GIF : 2861 Train Track 9V Point Left

32087.8.gif

GIF XML : 32087 Train Track 9V Crossing

Edited by missouri_bb63

Quick question:

How does one go about making these .gifs? Do you use LDraw for it?

Quick question:

Quick Answer: Yes

Long Answer:

- yep , i make the model in mlcad/ldraw

- make a prt/scr of top view.

- paste it in a bmp using paint.

- save the bmp

- open the bmp in paint.net (free image software)

- resize it and save it as a gif

There are several ways. As we speak missouri_bb63 is creating a video tutorial for this.

To give you an idea how I do this;

1. I create the model in MLCAD (ldraw or another program is also fine)

2. I make a snapshot of the top-view

3. I rework the snapshot in a photoshop program (I use the gimps) to cut the edges exactly and make sure that the size of the gif is correct.

It depends a bit how you want to do this, a lot of options are possible. There are also people who create them with a paint program. My experience is however that the GIFS created with MLCAD have a much better quality.

There are also some tips and tricks, for example it is not absolutely necessary to create the complete model in MLCad. You can also just put all elements in that are visible from the top, and then use that top view. It is all up to you, do not feel obligated to choose the way I use. Every addition to the library is welcome.

If you need help just ask. By PM or even better in this thread, so other people can make use of the questions and answers.

And while you are busy, have a look in this thread to see what has been created so far

EDIT : I was to slow :wink: As you can see, we do not even use the same method :classic:

Edited by aawsum

Quick question:

You can check out the tutorial video that Aawsum mentioned by klicking on the link in my signature. Tutorial 3 is the one you need but it focuses more on creating the XML file that goes with the GIF. The tips that the other guys gave you should hopefully bring you up to the point where the video starts.

Aawsum has kindly translated the English video callouts into Dutch, and I am planning on adding the translated texts to the vids by the end of the week (hopefully one a day...from today). Sorry it is taking a while but the day job has had to take priority. I really don't think you will have any problem with the English videos though. The texts are a bit quick to keep the video under the YouTube 11 minute limit so you might have to rewind a few times.

Vals je nog vragen hebt kan jij ons ook een PM sturen. :classic:

Gr.

Alex

EDIT: 23:30... just finished the last meeting for the day (not like there was time left to squeeze in another). I will try to the first tutorial done in NL tomorrow evening.

A quick thanks to FreeBee for making the great new 12V track pieces.

Edited by missouri_bb63

Missouri keep in mind:

work to live and don't live to work :tongue:

7835 Manual Level Crossing:

7835.set.gif

IMG XML

7866 Level Crossing with Electric Gates

7866.set.gif

IMG XML

Edited by FreeBee

Those minifiags should have red hats. And from 7866, you used this piece for the flashlights:

08010dc01.gif

instead of the original ones:

lcs12v.jpg

But the rest is outstanding :thumbup: .

Grouphug :grin: .

Those minifiags should have red hats.

Strange I recall making them red in mlcad but .... :wacko:

I will change them this evening.

And from 7866, you used this piece for the flashlights:08010dc01.gifinstead of the original ones:lcs12v.jpg

Yes, i had to improvise because the part doesn't exist in mlcad.

I will also change it to something else tonight.

I have to say : for a panda you have hawkeye-vision :grin:

Did u also see :

7862.set.gif

Edited by FreeBee