Flare

Heroica RPG - Quest #42: The Meaning Of It All

The heroes see Eugene and a rather rough looking man appear. He is old and weathered, his beard the colour of iron. (Grey speckled black) He nods acknowledgement to the three heroes. "Sir" He says to Pretzel "Ma'am" He nods to Erdathcath. "Lad" He nods to Adam. "My name is Sarge. But you can call me Sarge. Ignore my mean attire, I am old. But with age comes experience. That crap. I see that we're accompanied by a merman." He looks at the bearded mer "Where do you hail from friend? These are dark days to be one of the sea."

Edited by Skyrimguy

"Yes, I have no need of this meat if I shall be going soon. Here you go." He tosses the steak to Pretzel.

I stare in almost disbelief at the steak thrown to me. "You're a good sort, water man. This is the weapon I've always looked for but never found. I'll be able to give that vampire that trolling Heroica's hall a good whack or two...not to mention the other devil. :drool:

"Sir" He says to Pretzel "My name is Sarge. But you can call me Sarge. Ignore my mean attire, I am old. But with age comes experience. That crap.[/i]

"Sir, is right, Sonny, although I am hardly addressed by that title nowadays. It's been a long while since the orcish invasion, when I was last fought in such a regiment as to condone the use of such a title. Since then I have taken to study and tutelage. Not to mention the duties of God, which I have given my life to.

"With age, indeed, comes experience, I am not certain you have a great deal of either behind you, though. We have yet to see."

I turn to Erdy?

"Where to now?" I query.

I then frown.

The merman has gone by now, I guess... :look:

"If we had just fought the merman, we would have partaken of the steak, and been able to gain greater experience from the battle. I have never battled against his type in the past, as far as I can recollect, it would make for a good experience, I'd wager."

Edited by Palathadric

"Sir, is right, Sonny, although I am hardly addressed by that title nowadays. It's been a long while since the orcish invasion, when I was last fought in such a regiment as to condone the use of such a title. Since then I have taken to study and tutelage. Not to mention the duties of God, which I have given my life to.

Sarge is pretty pissed at being called sonny, but a wave of amazement comes over him when he hears of Pretzel's fighting in the invasion.

"Y-Yo-You fought in the orcish invasion?" Sarge splutters "That was the deed that kick started me miltry career! But I day noot believe your claim. That was over two 'undred years ago. An yay look nay older than I !?"

Edited by Skyrimguy

"I've always been told that I keep a rather youthful appearance." :hmpf_bad:

"Yes, I fought then. I am Monk Pretzel, I never lie." :innocent:

"I've always been told that I keep a rather youthful appearance." :hmpf_bad:

"Yes, I fought then. I am Monk Pretzel, I never lie." :innocent:

"Heh, that's an amazin achievement."Sarge turns to Erdy. "Now tell me young lady, what's bin going on in my absence?"

OOC: Forgive any bad spelling, that's just the way that sarge talks.

"Oh...your talking about "absence" led me to believe that you were formerly "present." :look:

"Ah, well, I'm sure you want to find out what's been going on. Basically...we're working for a doctor who wants us to get all of these different ingredients...actually, maybe I'll let Erdy tell the story. I fell asleep when the doctor was talking...she is the acting party leader after all, now that the ol' vampire lover is gone. Heh! I wonder what he would have to say if he had seen this thing." I tap the steak against the cart, before wrapping it carefully and storing it therein for safekeeping.

Erdathcath shakes herself awake after having to figure out the barter with the Merman she became quite tired. She looks up to see Eugene has returned with the new Hero Cpt. John Mcency. Half-heartedly listening to the conversation while partially asleep, she suddenly jolts up at hearing herself referred to as young."I'll have you know Mcency, that in this case, you would actually be the "young" one as I am a measly 198 years old, which is quite young for an elf." Whispering to the Monk she says"Aye, this one is indeed young, but perchance he will come to prove himself". Turning to address the entire group and Eugene, "Eugene, I need you to take the Merman back to his home, or wherever it is he wishes to go. As for the rest of you, let us continue on my previous path, and perhaps by luck we will stumble upon the Ostrich Raiders while they are unaware"

"Aye, this one is indeed young, but perchance he will come to prove himself".

"Indeed, I think I had hoped for a more youthful companion, but not this kind of youthful...you know, I was thinking someone a bit more like Eric, who could actually damage an enemy. Of course, Eric did seem more of a thief than anything else. :hmpf: But I honestly doubt this fellow will prove much better, but we'll see. You should have seen the teams I had to deal with in my past quests. First quest was a nightmare group of us. Benji the fantasizing, more absent than present elf, Leo the knight who thought he knew enough about religion to actually argue coherently about it, Daxus, the thief, and this she-Barbarian. I forget her name. She was the worst of them though, very disrespectful, and Leo and Benji were head-over-heels over her. :sick:

The team I led in my last quest were much better folks in general. I had two of them thieving rogues. Daxus was there again, but he had shaped up a bit. You know Mizuki the female rogue? Or Erik the barbarian? Not to be confused with Eric the vampire-lover.

"As for the rest of you, let us continue on my previous path, and perhaps by luck we will stumble upon the Ostrich Raiders while they are unaware"

"I think this is our best option. Let's be on our way. Off with you Eugene!"

Sarge sighs. Why did he always end up with elves and holy beings. This was charis all over again.

He started an attempt to argue with Erdathcath "Young for an elf then." Sarge sighs grumpily "Noo need to throw courtesies out the window. :hmpf_bad:" Sarge walks off in a direction then stops, turns his head, and asks "Where were we going then?"

Edited by Skyrimguy

Turning to address the entire group and Eugene, "Eugene, I need you to take the Merman back to his home, or wherever it is he wishes to go."

eugene-icon.jpg

"OK! It would be an honor to take the merman home! Lets go, buddy!"

Eugene and the merman zip away.

It is the early afternoon so the party should probably keep moving on.

...Benji the fantasizing, more absent than present elf, Leo the knight who thought he knew enough about religion to actually argue coherently about it, Daxus, the thief, and this she-Barbarian. I forget her name. She was the worst of them though, very disrespectful, and Leo and Benji were head-over-heels over her. :sick:

Insulting the Quest Master's character during his quest is not considered wise :tongue:

Eugene and the merman zip away.

"Finally, got rid of those two," I mutter.

It is the early afternoon so the party should probably keep moving on.

We move on in the direction Erdy had marked out.

Insulting the Quest Master's character during his quest is not considered wise :tongue:

:grin:

The party of four keeps moving on in the direction that Erdy had previously decided. When the evening starts to come Adam stops leading the party and turns around to face them.

19.jpg

adam.jpg

"Do you want to stop for the night? I don't see any point of moving any further today. We've had enough excitement..."

adam.jpg

"Do you want to stop for the night? I don't see any point of moving any further today. We've had enough excitement..."

"Well.. There is the point of getting there. Or are you oaps (Old age persons) To tired?" Sarge Grumbles under his breath. And starts to unpack his bedroll "I like excitement..." He mumbles.

I too am a large fan of excitement, however I believe it is safe to say the ostrich Raiders are more likely to strike at night, therefore it may not be a bad idea to get a bit of sleep before it gets too dark, and then set up watches to be sure we are safe.

I too am a large fan of excitement, however I believe it is safe to say the ostrich Raiders are more likely to strike at night, therefore it may not be a bad idea to get a bit of sleep before it gets too dark, and then set up watches to be sure we are safe.

"Or we could shout and get the battle over with?"

"Or we could shout and get the battle over with?"

adam.jpg

"This is going to be a long night..." Adam mutters.

Sarge walks up to Erdy and monk pretzel and whispers under Adam's hearing "This lad's a bit strange! How did you come across him? And that sword... It makes me shiver. It's so normal. I say that we take a look at it when he goes to sleep. You guys know magic and stuff, can you see if it's special in any way?"

Sarge, calm yourself, he is after all, the son of the person we were hired by. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

Final decision, we settle down here for the night, as for the shifts for watching while we sleep, Monk you take first shift, then Adam, then Sarge, and I'll take the final shift.

Sarge, calm yourself, he is after all, the son of the person we were hired by. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

Final decision, we settle down here for the night, as for the shifts for watching while we sleep, Monk you take first shift, then Adam, then Sarge, and I'll take the final shift.

"Oh, he is our employer's son. Fair enough."

The party sleeps through the night, with no interruptions, although Adam thinks that he might have heard strange noises far away when he was taking his turn to watch over the party.

"Seemed a bit early for bed, but what the heck! Off we go then." I twirl the wrapped steak in my hand and prepare to unwrap it, but then remember that it could be pretty useful left uneaten. I stuff it back in my cart.

"Let me get a brew going. Who wants what? Coffee, broth, anyone? Or should we just get going?"

Sorry, I've been very busy over the weekend so I haven't gotten online for a while.