Sign in to follow this  
Etzel

Heroica RPG - Quest #49: The Light That Reveals Everything

Alexis goes over to Najdalena to speak with her. "Hello Najdalena, do you remember us?"

8083329799_f2c1193efb_t.jpg

"Yes, you are the messengers that came yesterday. I thought you were going back to Eubric?"

Haldor stepped forward.

"And there is something else that we'd like to talk to you about. Pray, what is your opinion of Ansar here in the Convent, did you get on well with him?"

"Well we were, but we were asked to investigate the murder. Did you hear about that?"

"Yes of course. Priestess Mandrea came and told us this morning."

Haldor stepped forward.

"And there is something else that we'd like to talk to you about. Pray, what is your opinion of Ansar here in the Convent, did you get on well with him?"

"Uhm, he is ok I guess. Why do you ask that?"

8083323954_bcfe805ded_t.jpg

"Ha! I would say you two get on very well."

"Shut up, Jossin! Nobody asked for your opinion!"

QM note: Sorry for the slow pace the latest days, I've not been feeling very well (fever and stuff) which has made me very tired, but hopefully I'm fine soon.

Haldor couldn't help but raise an eyebrow.

"Well, we found an interesting collection of blonde hairs in his shed, wouldn't happen to have passed that way lately, would you?"

The nord then spoke again, addressing the rest of the novices.

"So you folks, what did you think of Mandric? Did you ever see him argue or have disagreements with anyone else in the convent?"

OOC: Sorry for my absence as well. I was away for Thanksgiving. My relatives need better internet access.

Are any novices familiar with nicknames "Small Socks" and "Queen Sunshine"?

Cronk was wondering if novices saw anything last night that might help catch murderer.

Haldor couldn't help but raise an eyebrow.

"Well, we found an interesting collection of blonde hairs in his shed, wouldn't happen to have passed that way lately, would you?"

"All right, I've been seeing Ansar quite regulary. But that's not really any of your business, is it? Besides, it hardly has anything to do with the murder since I was here in the dormitory all night."

The nord then spoke again, addressing the rest of the novices.

"So you folks, what did you think of Mandric? Did you ever see him argue or have disagreements with anyone else in the convent?"

"It's always fun to watch him and Sir Helmer quarrel when he is here. You can really expand your vocabulary by listening to them."

8083323096_ff566b7baa_t.jpg

"He is sooo cool! A real paladin, just like you Cronk! Sir Helmer is just jealous he hasn't been promoted as high."

8083329927_e329376eb6_t.jpg

"He didn't always have a great relation with his sister either. But they always seemed to work it out some way."

OOC: Sorry for my absence as well. I was away for Thanksgiving. My relatives need better internet access.

Are any novices familiar with nicknames "Small Socks" and "Queen Sunshine"?

Cronk was wondering if novices saw anything last night that might help catch murderer.

"Ha, revenge is sweet, Jossin! That's Emiria's and Jossin's nicknames they use in their silly games."

"They are not silly! You are just jealous you aren't invited to play!"

"Why would I want to play your childish games? You should be thankful I haven't told the priestess all about them already."

"Oh, look who is all grown-up and stuff! Why don't you go and live with your gardener in his shed? You'll make a great stay-at-home wife."

"Take that back or I'll...!"

"Or what? Bring it on you silly goose!"

Najdalena and Jossin fly at each other and are soon entangled in a rough fight with lots of scratching and hair pulling.

Break fight up! Now is not time for fighting. A good man is dead. Now is time for solving murder.

Were Emiria and Jossin in Sanctuary last night? Did novices see anything? Talk to Mandric?

Break fight up! Now is not time for fighting. A good man is dead. Now is time for solving murder.

"If there is anymore fighting, I will report you. And I'm sure you don't want that."

The two girls eventually withdraw from the fight and go to different corners of the room.

Were Emiria and Jossin in Sanctuary last night? Did novices see anything? Talk to Mandric?

"No, I was sleeping."

"Me too. But Sira was up!"

"What?"

"I woke up and saw you when you left the room early in the morning."

"You must've dreamed, I was sleeping all night too."

"Okay, I'm not saying that anyone did or didn't do anything last night; but miss, if you were up and about at any point, I highly recommend that you tell us now, before we learn the truth from someone else who may paint you in a worse light than we will. This applies to all of you young ladies, actually."

Haldor leant himself against one of the stone walls.

Sira moves away from Haldor, clearly intimidated by the imposing shaman or his questions, but won't speak.

"Stop frightening Sira, or I'll be the one to report you!"

Haldor was clearly shocked at this development, and also a tad hurt, the look on his face was clear that being responded to in this way wasn't something that he was used to, or something that he liked.

"Wait, I'm trying to help you out here. I've never once tried to scare or intimidate any good people in my life, and I'm not about to start now. Miss Sira, I'm deeply sorry if I was acting in a way that you find intimidating, but I guess it's probably all my fault anyway. I'll let Cronk and Alexis handle the questions if you'd prefer not to have to bother with me."

The norseman turned his face away and slunk back into the corridor.

Cronk try diplomacy. Sira, if novices saw anything last night, information could help catch murderer. In fact, if any novice has information, it would really help.

Mandric told Cronk last night that there was a novice Mandric really liked talking to. Which novice was it? Did any novice speak with Mandric last night?

"I saw him there last night, the man in your party. I was in the corridor early this morning and heard some noise from the sanctuary, when I looked I saw him standing over a body in the middle of the room. I don't dare speak to him because of that.

I think I might be the novice Mandric spoke of, but the pleasure was all his. He was always drunk when he tried to come and talk to me and I didn't like him. He never came last night though."

Why was Sira in the corridor? What did Sira do after seeing Haldor?

"I couldn't sleep and was on my way to pray to Ennoc in the sanctuary. When I had seen what I saw I ran back here and curled up in my bed until morning."

Cronk thanks Sira for answering Cronk's questions.

Cronk will confer quietly with party. Haldor, does what Sira say fit in with Haldor's memory of last night?

Sira does not seem fond of Mandric. She could be lying about everything but Cronk does not want to think so. If Sira is to be believed, the novices are probably not the murderers. Cronk thinks friends should still count Sira as suspect but Cronk is ready to pursue other leads if other friends are ready. Cronk does not believe friends have talked to Helmer or Jorke yet.

"Yes, Sira seems to be telling the truth. As bad as it makes me sound, you already know that me, a man who could have done something about it, ran and hid in the same way that does a young girl. It shames me."

Haldor took a deep breath.

"I really couldn't see any of this lot ever hurting anyone, they're all far too innocent, except maybe Najdalena... Before we go, I think that you two should ask of their ages, I'm not sure that Ansar's doings are fair with such girls so young."