Sylph: Retreat to A3

Galen: Retreat to A3

Elgar: Retreat to A3

Alex: Retreat to A3

Johon: Do That Thing he Described from E4

Lycan: Throw Fire Bomb at I5 from D4

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Results

The party's new tactics cause the trial to speed up quite a bit, revealing a good portion of the clearing.

esq3t.png

Results

The party's new tactics cause the trial to speed up quite a bit, revealing a good portion of the clearing.

esq3t.png

"Wow. Good work guys." Stated Sylph, impressed by their progress. "Lycan! Catch!" he called as he nonchalantly tossed on of his two fire-bombs to Lycan. Lycan caught it on reflex and looked down at the item and grinned from beneath his skull-mask. "Let's go fishing." suggested Sylph, as he pulled out his remaining bomb. He walked to where Lycan stood, directed his shot, walked to the other corner of their trail, and they threw their bombs together. "Oh, Johon, that thing you did? Do it again!" ordered Sylph, pleased.

Order:

Galen: Remain at A3

Elgar: Remain at A3

Alex: Remain at A3

Sylph: Give Lycan a Fire Bomb, Throw Fire Bomb at H10 from F6

Johon: Do That Thing he Described from D6

Lycan: Throw Fire Bomb at I2 from f4

Results

Keeping the pace up, the trial was finally nearing it's end: and with nobody falling in any pits too, to boot!

TgHGi.png

Results

Keeping the pace up, the trial was finally nearing it's end: and with nobody falling in any pits too, to boot!

TgHGi.png

Order:

Galen: Move to F6

Elgar: Move to F6

Alex: Move to F6

Sylph: Chill

Lycan: Move to F6

Johon: Do That Thing he Described from F8

"That's what I thought," mumbled Sylph. "Johon, you know what to do."

Order:

Galen: Move to H2

Elgar: Move to H2

Alex: Move to H2

Sylph: Move to H2

Lycan: Move to H2

Johon: Do That Thing he Described from J2

Johon once again uses his signature move, exposing the clear path. Triumphant, the party marches single-file down the periolous path they had created, careful to not tip and fall into the barbed pits below. The party walks through the clearing and goes through a bottleneck of withered trees. When they arrive the next clearing, they find the sources of the voices: they had seemingly small voices, but in person, they were rather big!

OSUIQ.png

yzGJZ.png

"Greetings, heroes. Magnificent job clearing that trial."

RbwBs.png

"Now, a formal introduction. We are the Murkwood Acolytes. We are the personal assistants of our master, The Murkwood Elder. Lately, though, as I'm sure you know, he's been... off, lately."

Edited by Endgame

*snip*

"Many greetings, Acolytes. I am Sylph Solanum, a Druid, and this is my party from Heroica. Galen, the turbaned human, and Lycan, the werewolf in the skull-mask, are both rogues. Johon, the powerful human who swung the pickax, is a barbarian of sorts. Alex, the armored human, is a Paladin, and Elgar, the green-clad elf, is an Evoker. I'm sure you didn't need to know all that, but I mean to show you we come here in respect of nature, our only goal to repel this aberrant invasion. How can we help your Elder?"

The Acolytes seemingly smile at the lengthy introduction.

RbwBs.png

"If we're on a first name basis, then my name is Threed."

yzGJZ.png

"And I am Aybdo."

The smile slowly turns into a frown as they recall the person they were serving, though.

RbwBs.png

"I was originally under the impression that The Elder was simply cranky over the Progg Invasion, and the leverage they had over him. However... I'm fearing something far, far more sinister is currently at play. You see, our Elder has currently been reduced to a fruious, short-tempered maniac. No amount of crankyness could turn such a usually reasonable and kind spider into such an untempered beast. I suspect the Proggs have more control over him then simple leverage."

Morxes and Lyrol approach the Acolytes.

qlIEf.png

"Hi mister. Have you seen our daddy? He is an acolyte like you!"

yzGJZ.png

"...Sorry, young one, but we're the only acolytes in the forest. Perhaps you can give us a name."

R8oJK.png

"Aranoc."

The Acolytes share surprised glances, clearly shocked by what the young green spiderling said.

yzGJZ.pngRbwBs.png

"The Elder had children?!"

Edited by Endgame

"WELL THEN..." Stated Sylph, legitimately surprised. "This is... surprising. You two," he said, referring to the young spiders that accompanied them, "are the children of the Elder."

"Hmmm... this could be good though. Perhaps we have stumbled upon the source of the Elder's irritation! Could it be, Threed and Aybdo, that the Proggs controlled the Elder by holding his children hostage? We only recently rescued them from the Proggs' icy grasp!"

R8oJK.png

"We... we just thought... he was an acolyte! How'd he go from that to the Elder so quickly? It has only been a year and a half since we had to go..."

qlIEf.png

"How is he the Elder?! I mean, sure, he's a fully-grown adult, but he isn't that old!"

The two young spider seem legitmately surprised about their father's current position.

yzGJZ.png

"That may very well be, Druid! I'm just curious has to why he didn't tell us... we are his right-hand men, after all..."

RbwBs.png

"This entire situation still reeks of tamperment..." murmurs Threed.

Edited by Endgame

yzGJZ.png

"...Threed, you're older then me and lived relatively close to the heart of the Murkwood. Any idea?"

Threed sifts through his memory.

RbwBs.png

"...Hrm. Year-and-half ago, maybe? After that I believe Aranoc took over."

Edited by Endgame

yzGJZ.png

"...Threed, you're older then me and lived relatively close to the heart of the Murkwood. Any idea?"

Threed sifts through his memory.

RbwBs.png

"...Hrm. Year-and-half ago, maybe? After that I believe Aranoc took over."

"Hmm. That was before the first Progg invasion. He hasn't seen his kids since... Hmm. There must be something else. What does Aranoc hold most dearly? Are there any substances of which you know that can induce such a state of rage in a spider as that which Aranoc is currently demonstrating?"

yzGJZ.png

"No substances - unless you consider hunger - can make us rage as much as Aranoc has recently. And he has certainly been well-fed lately... trust me, he makes us hand-deliver all of his meals now..."

RbwBs.png

"What Aranoc holds dear? Besides his children (of which I just heard of now)? The forest, probably."

Edited by Endgame

yzGJZ.png

"Apparently so. Some guy clad in black-and-gold sometimes raids here, so our population dwindles from time to time. I guess after one of these raids, Aranoc was the oldest spider left."

yzGJZ.png

"Apparently so. Some guy clad in black-and-gold sometimes raids here, so our population dwindles from time to time. I guess after one of these raids, Aranoc was the oldest spider left."

"The 'Dragon Lord'? I've never met him, but I believe he is one of the 'Veterans' in charge of Heroica. I'm sorry for his abuse of your kind... Humans often have a difficult time respecting nature. As for Aranoc... I'm perplexed. Unless my party has any other questions which may serve to shed light on this situation, I think it may be time for us to seek an audience with him... unless you feel that such a visit would be unwise."

Edited by Dannylonglegs

"An audience with Aranoc would be a great on honour. I hope we will not be considered one of his meals though. Still I would love to shed some light on the situation, so I vote to visit Aranoc."

Galen wasn't comfortable around the spiders, but at least the Acolytes appeared to be sensible creatures.

"I had a thought. I'm not familiar with your ways, but would Morxes and Lyrol also have a... mother? Could she be the leverage Proggs have on your Elder?

Also, you must be aware of a blacksmith, likely human, detained in your forest? Is your Elder, possibly under Progg influence, responsible for holding the blacksmith prisoner here?"

yzGJZ.png

"...The Elder's wife was taken away by one of the "Dragonlord's" raids. He hasn't seen her since."

RbwBs.png

"Yes, our Elder is holding some old man hostage. Part of the deal he made with the Proggs, apparently."

yzGJZ.png

"...The Elder's wife was taken away by one of the "Dragonlord's" raids. He hasn't seen her since."

RbwBs.png

"Yes, our Elder is holding some old man hostage. Part of the deal he made with the Proggs, apparently."

"Do you know the details of this deal? I think it's time we met the Elder."