lightningtiger

New Mannum 2012

Your ghost town is coming on well.

I agree some more vehicles will help it come to life. :classic:

Starbucks is a dirty word in South Australia......their chain lasted less than a year before going belly-up ! :sick:

What about a Costa Coffee then?

Your ghost town is coming on well.

I agree some more vehicles will help it come to life. :classic:

What about a Costa Coffee then?

Ha,ha......I'll be posting hopefully the town as far as I have made so far and I will have people everywhere and more action.....got a few things to do before that though. :wink:

And Costa Coffee....never heard of it ? :look:

Keep watching everyone ! :wink:

I am surprised that they are not in Australia.

Costa coffee

No, reading the wiki on them - no to the land of Oz at the moment.

If I build a road house again....we'll C-coffee in there. :laugh:

Keep watching everyone......any more suggestions feel free to add them too. :classic:

You can see who is from the USA right......actually it would be more like a humble take-away shop that has fish'n'chips, chicken and pizza's - a bit of everything in such a small town. :wink:

I might have room for it as I promised on Cuusoo that if my Target reaches 100 I would rebuild it.....it's at 85 so 15 left before a rebuild begins. :wink:

And a rarely build something over 32 stud wide so a take-away shop might be on the cards.......keep watching ! :wink:

Looks great! :thumbup:

Thanks, I'm going to try and get some more base plates so I can get the rail curves in......sadly I might not be able to make a train station now due to money/cash flow problems still.

I still have the pub and Holden showroom to put ceilings in yet......oops. :blush:

Keep watching anyway. :wink:

Looks really good. Just a tree for the park, a few more people milling about and cars driving around and it will be just about perfect.

Do you plan on showing New Mannum anywhere?

Thanks.....I'll have to make a tree, need some of those new collectable minifigs.....yeah, yeah cars too.....aw, I'm not that good on cars though I'll try. :blush:

And yes......Railshow 2013 at Golden Grove Arts & Rec. Centre in April......still have to finish the paper work for it though.

Keep watching ! :wink:

I think you should change the 'railway hotel' sign for something else.

Also I think the butchers counter still looks like the front of a car. :look:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I think you should change the 'railway hotel' sign for something else.

Also I think the butchers counter still looks like the front of a car. :look:

To what....it's a pub next to almost a train line......typically in Aussie country towns they are generally called 'Railway Hotel's ! :wink:

Oh, yeah I forgot about fixing the meat case in the butchers......I'll look into that tomorrow as well - thanks for the reminder. :wink:

Just looked up mannum on Wikipedia, do you plan on adding a river with a steamboat?

Edited by tomdobs55

Just looked up mannum on Wikipedia, do you plan on adding a river with a steamboat?

Ah, so someone looked into the real town......everything is mainly a long one street and yes, originally I was planning a river bank, paddle steamer and even a punt (car ferry).....but now since it's a railway display.....though I haven't finished the ends of the town yet.......I'll look into it since you can see the width and depth of the base plates......oh, I'm a genius.....yet sometimes to dumb to know it ! :laugh:

Keep watching for sure now everyone ! :grin:

Looking good LT. Especially with a few locals around... I admit to having doubts about the pub (I'm used to the traditional UK boozer!) but now in place and with the stickers it looks pretty good... Looking forward to seeing the railway!!

Keep up the good work!

Looking good LT. Especially with a few locals around... I admit to having doubts about the pub (I'm used to the traditional UK boozer!) but now in place and with the stickers it looks pretty good... Looking forward to seeing the railway!!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks 'greg3', today after trying to make a tree I'll be looking into what I can do on the left and right sides of the town I have posted images of......my work is not finished yet by a long shot ! :wink:

Keep watching everyone......things might change again not sure yet. :blush:

Has anyone got any ideas for trees.....I have tried during the day and I'm sort of happy with it but I really want something Aussie ? :blush:

Has anyone got any ideas for trees.....I have tried during the day and I'm sort of happy with it but I really want something Aussie ? :blush:

Well here are some good looking tree's,I struggle at building trees too for some reason. :blush:

Well here are some good looking tree's,I struggle at building trees too for some reason. :blush:

Thanks anyway....oh, yeah.....

000000_butchers_shop_99.jpg

I fixed the meat cabinet at the bottom....doesn't look like a car front end any more.

Now for some rear views of the row of shops.....

000000_row_of_shops_rear_97.jpg000000_row_of_shops_rear_98.jpg000000_row_of_shops_rear_99.jpg

More to come keep you know...... :laugh:

More to come keep you know...... :laugh:

Well I am glad you can understand yourself,because I can't. :roflmao:

If you have some more white tiles what about another self of magazines?

The front of the butcher shop is looking good now. :classic:

Well I am glad you can understand yourself,because I can't. :roflmao:

If you have some more white tiles what about another self of magazines?

The front of the butcher shop is looking good now. :classic:

I barely understand myself ! :roflmao:

Actually I won't be able too do another row of magazines.....those parts I have to put into a second row of shops....not for me but for a member of ANZFOL in Tasmania.

Really I should also think about some more vehicles eh ? :blush:

Thanks for the updated pictures. New Mannum is looking better everyday.

I think a Mark Falworth type oak tree covered in purple 1x1 round plates would pass as a nice Jacaranda tree. I think these might be originally from South Africa, but there sure are plenty of them around Queensland.

Thanks for the updated pictures. New Mannum is looking better everyday.

I think a Mark Falworth type oak tree covered in purple 1x1 round plates would pass as a nice Jacaranda tree. I think these might be originally from South Africa, but there sure are plenty of them around Queensland.

Thanks 'Kristel', I'll look into that tree design and see how it would fit the space I have set aside by the council office and picnic table.

I still must build my ceilings......dam I'm lazy sometimes ! :laugh:

Keep watching......seriously there is more to come. :wink: