Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Althior cracks his neck as he walks into the hall. He hadn't been in here for a while. Most of his friends were gone, except for, of course, Alexis. He saw two new quests on the quest board. He payed no attention to the second one as it was from the Guild of Invision, but the first one caught his eye. Catching a thief and looking for Ranged classes? He and Alexis would be perfect for this one! He signed his name under Quest #33 before walking up to the bar.

Dak skirts from shadow to shadow, avoiding company, and signs up for Quest #34. Stalking watching the leader of his...lovely former family would certainly be interesting, as well as the chance to get more experience in the fields of battle.

Alexis looks as Althior comes into the hall and heads over the the quest board. So she heads over herself.

"Hm, two new quests." She says to no one in particular before signing her name under Quest #33.

Then heads back to the bar and sits next to Althior. She kisses him as she sits down.

"How are you doing today dear Althior?"

Thormanil, having taken quite the power nap, returns to the Hall, and signs his name under Quest #33 on the questboard. In addition, he posted a notice of his own:

For sale by Thormanil Nihai:

One (1) Sabre (WP: 8). This

fine blade is best suited for use

by Knights and Rogues. Considering

all reasonable offers.

Lycan walks over to the quests board and see two quests. The Town Watch? Lowlife Scum, and they don't want the help of Rogues. Instead hesigns if for quest#34.

He then walks overto the giant hero. I wish I could afford it. Can I pay 10 gold for it, and owe you 70 for after I get it? I understand if this is too low.

I sign up for quest #33 and quest #34.

Leaning more towards quest #33 though.

Arasmyth, noticing the clamor around the Quest Board as he walks into the hall from his inn, swooshes over with a dramatic flip of his Elven robe and a boom of thunder. He quickly peruses the two new notices, then elegantly penned his name down on Quest #33, whilst spitting upon the note posted for Quest #34. "Isiris-damned alchemists." he muttered, "Can't even write properly."

Thormanil, having taken quite the power nap, returns to the Hall, and signs his name under Quest #33 on the questboard. In addition, he posted a notice of his own:

*I walk over to Thormanil*

"How much do you want for the Sabre? I would need to go on a Quest before I could pay you in full, but I would pay. You can have my Crossbow as collateral if you want proof that I will pay."

*I lower my voice to a whisper*

"Whatever Lycan offers, I'll pay 10 Gold more."

You already have a WP:7 sword, I have A WP3.

"Oh. In that case, I retract my offer. I had forgotten that you had just arrived here."

I sign up for Quests #33 and #34...

EDIT: Anyone up for the arena? :tongue:

Edited by Flare

I had waddled over to the quest board, but kept an ear on what was going on around me. I now returned to the table and answered a few of the pending questions.

"Shut. The. Hell. Up. Pretzel," Alisha says, walking back into the hall. "Everyone knows there's more than one god. Hell, each race has its own set. And since you seem to be the only one to devotedly follow that archaic religion, stop trying to convert other people. Wallow in your misery as other gods rise above yours. Kill yourself, I don't care. Just shut the hell up."

"Everyone knows there is more than one God?! I beg to differ, Alisha. Besides, what do you know about gods? You are just a heathen barbarian. Any religion you have will be a bloodthirsty and violent one. God is in no support for the kind of crimes you and yours commit. You are sorry person, and I suggest you listen because this may be your last chance to do so. The judgements of God fall swiftly and mercilessly on the unrepentant."

Alexis stares at the man as he talks. When he finishes, she sits that and blinks at him, trying to make sense of what he just said.

"Uh. What? Benji? He's fine. God? I only briefly heard of that when I was in my home country."

"Benji seems fine, Miss...or is it Madame? ...but in truth he is not altogether fine. It is one such as he that devils can use the most, for he seems fine, so people look up to him, but deep inside his heart...need I say more? I do not like frightening children such as yourself.

I can understand why you would not have heard of God. Most people seem to think Elven folk have no need of God. That is a lie. Elven folk need God just as much as humans. Others have a hard time explaining why, but I have many scrolls on the subject in my cart. If you are interested in learning I would be more than willing to speak to you. I make an excellent teacher, especially when the pay is good..."

Alisha makes a dismissive gesture towards Alexis, while raising a certain expressive digit in the monk's direction. "Pay no attention to him, miss, he's just a weirdo who can't find his place in the world.

"Quite wrong, Alisha. I have found my place in the world very well and have both feet firmly placed on the ground. I have my convictions and know what is true and false. You, on the other hand, have proven, and quite succinctly so, that you are not standing on your two feet. You do one thing and say another. You do something confidently one moment and then regret it immediately after. Sorry, Alisha, but I would not call that having your place in the world.

"You seem confused, but don't worry, come with me and Alisha and we can go get something to eat - I'm starving!"

"Miss...Alexis, was it? ...I really wouldn't advise you following Alisha and Benji anywhere. With those two you cannot know for sure what kinds of activities they may engage in. It is better to stay here. At least, you will be more the wiser for doing so. Benji said he was starving...but I believe there may have been a double meaning in that."

"Well, what he was saying did seem intresting, but he seems lost in thought now..."

Then she turns to Benji.

"We're here at a table already, why not just ask for some food?"

"No, I just went to see what was the commotion by the quest board. I signed up for two quests, you know. I really think the first one suits me better. Finding relics is just the thing I am an expert at doing. Vampire killing with a bunch of rogues...ack...but if it pays...

I would like to congratulate you on not choosing to follow Benji and Alisha. You chose well, and now you have no part in their sin and, would you look at that, you even prevented them from sinning. You are a good disciple, Alexis. It is your destiny."

"Sure! What do you want? Personally I'm up for some spicy pegasus wings and if you'd like to share that would be fine :wink: "

:sick:

"Pretzels anyone?"

Leo Aragon walks into the hall and shouts:

It is time to leave the hall. I cannot progress any further here. Farewell.

As he exits says a new hero walks quietly into the hall and sits down. He is. Lycan Dean, rogue.

"Is that it? Has Leo left for good? What a lousy way to say goodbye. It is unfortunate, but I think his soul may be damned forever. He was so close to the truth, but he rejected it all the moment he left the hall. Poor fellow. But he was rather sassy and unbelieving the majority of the time, so I suppose God had to remove his blessing. Off he goes chasing a dream it seems. It is an odd thing, really. One moment he is sleeping in the hall, then he wakes up angry and demands a duel with Benji and then, upon losing, promptly leaves, saying there is no more to learn. Odd indeed. One would think that losing would make him realize that there is still a whole lot for him to learn." :look:

"And now we have another of these damned thief-looking fellows in this hall.

As I say all these things, I take my painting kit out of my cart and begin diligently painting over the skull face on my new shield.

Thank God, I already cast the demons out of this vile piece. I would sell it, but...God must have given it to me for a reason, besides, I doubt it would do anyone else any good, as demon-possessed as it surely is. God entrusted it into my hands, because He knew I am the only one with spiritual power enough to wield it and not be overcome by it.

Edited by palathadric

"Benji seems fine, Miss...or is it Madame? ...but in truth he is not altogether fine. It is one such as he that devils can use the most, for he seems fine, so people look up to him, but deep inside his heart...need I say more? I do not like frightening children such as yourself.

I can understand why you would not have heard of God. Most people seem to think Elven folk have no need of God. That is a lie. Elven folk need God just as much as humans. Others have a hard time explaining why, but I have many scrolls on the subject in my cart. If you are interested in learning I would be more than willing to speak to you. I make an excellent teacher, especially when the pay is good..."

"Nope, just Miss. I will continue to listen, as long as it is interesting that is." She says with a smile.

"Miss...Alexis, was it? ...I really wouldn't advise you following Alisha and Benji anywhere. With those two you cannot know for sure what kinds of activities they may engage in. It is better to stay here. At least, you will be more the wiser for doing so. Benji said he was starving...but I believe there may have been a double meaning in that."

"Yes it is."

"I would like to congratulate you on not choosing to follow Benji and Alisha. You chose well, and now you have no part in their sin and, would you look at that, you even prevented them from sinning. You are a good disciple, Alexis. It is your destiny."

"Um..Thank you. Althior, signed up to go on quest #33 and we're hoping to go questing together.

:sick:

"Pretzels anyone?"

"What are these pretzels you continue to speak of?"

"Pretzels...I love Pretzels." I grab two and stuff them in my mouth and then proffer one to Alexis. A price tag hangs down from it.

Edited by palathadric

Current sign-ups:

Quest #33: Wanted! Violetta the Cat Burglar

1. Althior Emorith, Level 17½ Sage (K-nut)

2. Alexis Fenral, Level 19 Evoker (Masked Builder)

3. Thormanil Nihai, Level 18½ Shaman (swils)

4. Monk Pretzel, Level 5 Cleric (palathadric)

5. Arasmyth RuGard, Level 11 Mage (Kadabra)

6. Benji Carvenhall, Level 16 Warden (Flare)

Quest #34: The Dark Secret

1. Daxus Octavian, Level 6 Rogue (LEGOman273)

2. Dak Shadeaux, Level 11½ Rogue (Darth Nihilus)

3. Lycan Dean, Level 1 Rogue (TheBoyWonder)

4. Monk Pretzel, Level 5 Cleric (palathadric)

5. Benji Carvenhall, Level 16 Warden (Flare)

"Pretzels...I love Pretzels." I grab two and stuff them in my mouth and then proffer one to Alexis. A price tag hangs down from it.

"You bought that already right?" She says with an odd look.

Benji walks over with today's newspaper. The headline exclaims in large letters: Shocked Pretzel-Vendor's Stock Stolen, Won't Stop Rambling About How Dangerous Monks Are (yes, a long headline :tongue:)

"I doubt so."

Edited by Flare

Benji walks over with today's newspaper. The headline exclaims in large letters: Shocked Pretzel-Vendor's Stock Stolen, Won't Stop Rambling About How Dangerous Monks Are (yes, a long headline :tongue:)

"I doubt so."

"Yep, that's why I was asking."

Perhaps this is time. The horrors of the Wren quest were a long time ago... I'll risk it.

I sign up for Quest 33 and 34.

"Yep, that's why I was asking."

"Yeah. Hey, want to train in the arena?"

He then walks overto the giant hero. I wish I could afford it. Can I pay 10 gold for it, and owe you 70 for after I get it? I understand if this is too low.

"Well, a fresh face! Tell ya what. I was hopin' to get a bit more for it, but it seems everyone 'round here's only interested in a blade if its got some magic powers to go with it. If you up your promise to 10 up front with another 110 when yeh've got it, then the blade's yours. Seein' as you'll be increasing your, ah, income, by a decent sum, I don't think it's too unreasonable an offer. What d'ya say, Dean?"

I think that is a fantastic deal. I hand over 10 gold . "Do you want my sword as well? it's worth fifteen gold! So we could add that to the deal to lower my debt.

"Well, a fresh face! Tell ya what. I was hopin' to get a bit more for it, but it seems everyone 'round here's only interested in a blade if its got some magic powers to go with it. If you up your promise to 10 up front with another 110 when yeh've got it, then the blade's yours. Seein' as you'll be increasing your, ah, income, by a decent sum, I don't think it's too unreasonable an offer. What d'ya say, Dean?"

"Hey, now that your inventory has lightened and your pocketbook is a little heavier, want to go wrestle in the arena?"

No. I made them myself. I don't recall buying the ingredients though...

Just as Alexis takes the pretzel, I call, "Ah, ha! You take it...you pay for it!" :devil: