Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Yea definitely means Harry Potter, PotC are going out as in Discontinued. The other ones will not have new sets but will still be on the shelves for some time. At least we get a good timeline of when to get the sets before they're gone.

I was hoping for the Flying Dutchman, but I'm guessing that's unlikely now.

Lego really seems to like cutting down lines in the prime of their life. Oh well, here's hoping the line get's revived for 2013-14 if a new film is released. :pir-blush:

Sad news ... I sure trusted you Derfel on the FD set, as I did on LOTR. But seems you were looking at the Spongebob set after all :D Still the word exit can be interpreted in many ways, hope it means with another set or five, but for those other two themes in the same line I see it very unlikely :(

I think that the Pirates theme going discontinued is really going to push me to get the Black Pearl. I wish I could find it for cheap somwhere but it is not to be perhaps.

Well, since Pirates is getting canceled. You can always make a custom Cutler Beckett with the Frodo minifigure and Gibbs hairpiece. That's how I'm going to do it anyway.

Well I asked again at the lego store just last week. My words were "do you have a release date for the potc flying Dutchmen set yet?". The exact reply from the store employee was "no we havn't been given the release date for it yet, but will most probably be the latter part of the year"

That says to me that it's coming. Maybe the have finished the potc line, but that doesn't stop them releasing a one-off flying Dutchmen at some point. I'm not the only person who has heard about this, so unless they decide to cancel it, it will happen. I did see a small prelim, so either way, it's definitely been started by Lego, just have to see if it comes out. I really hope so.

Well I asked again at the lego store just last week. My words were "do you have a release date for the potc flying Dutchmen set yet?". The exact reply from the store employee was "no we havn't been given the release date for it yet, but will most probably be the latter part of the year"

That says to me that it's coming. Maybe the have finished the potc line, but that doesn't stop them releasing a one-off flying Dutchmen at some point. I'm not the only person who has heard about this, so unless they decide to cancel it, it will happen. I did see a small prelim, so either way, it's definitely been started by Lego, just have to see if it comes out. I really hope so.

Could you describe it as much as you can?

How many masts did it have?

I really hope that you're telling the truth but could you at least give us some more information?

I know it shouldn't be taken as gospel, but on Brickipedia it says that PotC line is going to be paused this year, then picked up again when the 5th film comes out.

Exiting in July, that gives LEGO months to bring out a UCS Flying Dutchman, I still want to be hopeful! :pir_laugh2:

I am sad that the theme's ending, I didn't quite know if it was selling well or not. But maybe we'll get more sets if they do decide to make 2 more films?

:jollyroger:

I hope that, like Harry Potter and Batman, POTC will be brought back to tie in with the release of the next film. Then they'd get an opportunity to release a Flying Dutchman set, which I really want to see :pir_laugh2:

If there is any chance of a Flying Dutchman it will have to be released soon, the dutchman plays no role in the next POTC movies so why would they wait ?

(The Flying Dutchman barge has been broken down :pir_bawling: )

Forget about a UCS flying dutchman, that's just impossible :jollyroger:

If there is any chance of a Flying Dutchman it will have to be released soon, the dutchman plays no role in the next POTC movies so why would they wait ?

(The Flying Dutchman barge has been broken down :pir_bawling: )

Forget about a UCS flying dutchman, that's just impossible :jollyroger:

D2C, though might work.

yeah I am not labeling this theme done just yet. :pir-look:

agreed, there are so much more sets the could release and althougth the press stated that the sets would cover all 4 films, none of the sets we've seen so far are from At World's End.

I found new information,

Speaking of themes, Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter, and Alien Conquest will be discontinued in July.

On this page they talk about the London Toy Fair and the newest lego sets.

I think that there will be new sets in 2012 but only 1 wave.

Edited by Lord Cutler Beckett

Every report I've seen said PotC will exit in July. That means discontinued. Sure there's still several months for them to release a flying Dutchman, but they wouldn't release something only to have it sit on the shelves for a couple months, then take it down. Doesn't make sense. Especially something on a scale as these rumors have been suggesting. It would make no sense to release an expensive UCS set for only 6 months.

Even though they will exit in July, I feel pretty strongly that they will make a return when the next movie is released. When the 4th film was being made, I heard it would be part of a new trilogy, and since LEGO already has the license for it, I don't see any reason why more sets won't follow with the coming movies.

And who says the Flying Dutchman won't be in the next movies?? Will Turner became captain, and he might make a return in future movies. It's not like the ship was destroyed. Even if the ships not in the new films, whats to stop them from making sets from the original trilogy? Same thing just happened with this wave. A 4th films was released, sets were released, many of them from the original trilogy. The first 3 movies have become iconic enough that they can release sets from them regardless of what current movie is in theaters.

Basically, if reports about a Flying Dutchman are true, I'd put my money on it being released when a new movie is released and with a new wave of sets.

Well, a 5th movie is not a matter of 'if' but a matter of when. Johnny Depp has already signed on for the 5th and the script has been edited several times over the past months, so sets based off the 5th movie are a huge possibility. And the chance that Will will show up again is slightly possible, since writers for the movie stated they would love to have Orlando Bloom back.... I do, personally, hope by some miracle we see more of this theme! I already lost Harry Potter, not this too! :pir_bawling:

Every report I've seen said PotC will exit in July. That means discontinued. Sure there's still several months for them to release a flying Dutchman, but they wouldn't release something only to have it sit on the shelves for a couple months, then take it down. Doesn't make sense. Especially something on a scale as these rumors have been suggesting. It would make no sense to release an expensive UCS set for only 6 months.

Even though they will exit in July, I feel pretty strongly that they will make a return when the next movie is released. When the 4th film was being made, I heard it would be part of a new trilogy, and since LEGO already has the license for it, I don't see any reason why more sets won't follow with the coming movies.

And who says the Flying Dutchman won't be in the next movies?? Will Turner became captain, and he might make a return in future movies. It's not like the ship was destroyed. Even if the ships not in the new films, whats to stop them from making sets from the original trilogy? Same thing just happened with this wave. A 4th films was released, sets were released, many of them from the original trilogy. The first 3 movies have become iconic enough that they can release sets from them regardless of what current movie is in theaters.

Basically, if reports about a Flying Dutchman are true, I'd put my money on it being released when a new movie is released and with a new wave of sets.

The ship that "played" the Duchman was destroyed though, I think.

The ship that "played" the Duchman was destroyed though, I think.

Ah... now THAT could be a problem haha.

The ship "playing" Black Pearl was also reconstructed into the QAR, but still I think that in 5th movie they both might appear. At least I hope so since Jack will somehow get the Pearl from the botle and Barbossa has the QAR. I doubt they'll skip Barbossa - one of the best characters in the movies! So the FD being destroyed is no big problem at all!

A D2C set might not fall into the same category though, the Imperial Flagship was available long after the Pirates theme had officially 'exited'. I guess because they aren't usually available to general retailers their continued presence doesn't really count for the themes available for retailers to choose from.

The ship "playing" Black Pearl was also reconstructed into the QAR, but still I think that in 5th movie they both might appear. At least I hope so since Jack will somehow get the Pearl from the botle and Barbossa has the QAR. I doubt they'll skip Barbossa - one of the best characters in the movies! So the FD being destroyed is no big problem at all!

Seriously ?

The FD was a masterpiece, I don't think they will actually rebuild the exact same ship again, unless they took shots before it was demolished it could appear in the next movies but that would be very unlikely,

I accepted that she's gone (the Flying Dutchman I mean :pir_laugh2: )

Either way, I do hope there will be some more sea-based adventures (ship battles) in the next movie :pir-classic:

Yes it was a masterpiece, but even if they made new one with same architecture but different scratches and moss positioning + some computer graphics, you'd never notice the difference. Besides, the ship that spends most of her time under water is supposed to change after time if not fall apart ...