Sign in to follow this  
Capt.JohnPaul

Heroica RPG - Quest #8 Sacred Sands

Lord Boomingham yawns loudly. "This is the best the pirates can do?" he asks, winking at Nyx in a friendly manner. "I will attack the Corsair Thug from the front row."

Nyx vs Bacari - Miss

Amorith Marvelo vs. Swashbuckler - Shield

Lord Lawrence Boomingham vs.Thug - Critical Hit

Barur Tormek vs. Swashbuckler - Hit

Sylph Solanum vs. Bacari - Critical Hit

On the swaying decks, Nyx tries again, but her spell fails to hit Bacari. The mage Amorith uses his magical shield, causing 5 ice damage to all enemies in a sudden burst! Lord Boomingham does a 360 degree spin, and chops the corsair thug right in half! Barur Turmek hits the swashbuckler, finishing him off. The end is nearing, Bacari knows, he pulls off a rapid shot trying to hit something random. The bolt hits the back of the ship, but the heroes don't have time to ponder what happened.

"Bacari you insolent dog! :angry: How could you do this! We quested together! We were allies! :cry_sad: " Nyx screams as the battle rages.

Bacari hesitates. Clank... the crossbow falls to the deck. Thwack! Sylph hits Bacari in the back. Bacari falls to his knees. Tears swell up in his eyes as he kneels, realizing why he chose this path, one of no return. Just one problem, his tears, and everything else, was a dark, red haze. His vision was contracting into a narrow tunnel. The dark tunnel kept reducing his ability to see. One last tear trickled down Bacari's face... then, he fell face down on the deck. The rough waves rock the boat during the eerie silence. The body of Bacari slides over the side of the ship. No one could see the body.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

How shall the spoils of war be divided?

95 gold

Venom

Bone

Tonic

"Nice, heroes!" exclaims to first mate, who watched the battle.

Though the heroes don't have time to savor the victory.

"Ahhh! Ahh! Ow..... help... me..." the pleading voice is coming from the captains cabin.

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum: Level 7 Cleric (played by dannylonlegs) Party Leader

unknown age, unknown race

Power: 10 Health: 15/15 Ether: 11/11 Gold: 40

Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 6), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Water Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Bone

IMG_1583-1.jpg

Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 8 Knight (played by Zepher)

44 years old Male Human

Power: 11 Health: 17/17 Gold: 40

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 7), Shaduex Shield (SP: 4), Shield (SP: 2), 2 Potions, Venom, Bedroll

6021867482_37ed63cbf4_s.jpg

Nyx, Level 11 Mage, 19 years old Female Human (played by Pandora)

Power: 15 Health: 15/15 Ether: 15/15 Gold: 29

Inventory: Dawnstar II (WP: 4), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Sandman's Parasol, 2 Potions, Remedy, 2 Tonics, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, 2 Bones

6135777714_4dee4d5480_t.jpg

Amorith Marvelo Level 2 mage 324 year old male elf (played by legobodgers)

Power: 6 Health: 6/6 Ether: 4/6 Gold: 0

Inventory: Fang Dagger (WP: 4), Potion, opal elemental gem, Bedroll. Plus a 10 gold debt to Ranger Docken. Thats for Sandy's Heroica RPG

dwarfclericsm.jpg

Barur Tormek, Level 2 Cleric (played by Aveal the Black Sheep)

260 years old Male Dwarf Power: 5 Health:10/10 Ether:6/6 Gold: 10

Inventory: Rune Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Remedy

QM Note: Does anyone see any problem with the experience upgrade and all that ether and power etc?

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

"Ok, everyone gets 19 gold! Amorith Marvelo Gets the tonic, Boomingham gets the Bone, and Barur Tormek gets the venom. Any objections?"

ava-sylph.jpg

Power: 10 Health: 15/15 Ether: 11/11 Gold: 59 Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 6), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Water Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Bone

IMG_1583-1.jpg

44 years old Male Human

Power: 11 Health: 17/17 Gold: 59

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 7), Shaduex Shield (SP: 4), Shield (SP: 2), 2 Potions, Venom, Bedroll, Bone

Power: 15 Health: 15/15 Ether: 15/15 Gold: 48

Inventory: Dawnstar II (WP: 4), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Sandman's Parasol, 2 Potions, Remedy, 2 Tonics, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, 2 Bones

Power: 6 Health: 6/6 Ether: 4/6 Gold: 19

Inventory: Fang Dagger (WP: 4), Potion, opal elemental gem, Bedroll, Tonic. Plus a 10 gold debt to Ranger Docken. Thats for Sandy's Heroica RPG

dwarfclericsm.jpg

260 years old Male Dwarf Power: 5 Health:10/10 Ether:6/6 Gold: 29

Inventory: Rune Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Remedy, Venom

Now what shall the party do about the cry for help?

"Oh my gosh," says the first mate, "the captain!"

Now what shall the party do about the cry for help?

"Oh my gosh," says the first mate, "the captain!"

"Oh yeah, right we should probably do something about that." mumbled Sylph. "Let's go get the Captain!" Sylph prepares his eyes for the darkness of the cabin.

The party walks into the cabin, it takes a few minutes to adjust to the dark.

"My god," the first mate points to the floor.

The captain, whom they never got to meet, is sprawled on the floor, a bolt in his side, and a hole and crack in the very small window facing him. Now that they have time to look, the chairs are knocked to the side and papers on the floor. The captains cold hand is clasped around a handle to a dresser, he seemed to try and open it while he was dying.

Barur first instinct its towards the whitened corpse of the ship's former captain.Kneeling next to him,tried to heal him but in a second or two realized salvation was impossible. The clerk muttered some sort of prayer in his own dwarfish language and turned is yet to the rest of the party.'It seems evident that there was some struggle between the captain and the striker(s) and also that he was trying to fetch something'.Getting up the dwarf tries for the dresser's handle...

"I think my power should be 15 currently..." mumbles Boomingham. "Did the captain have any booze in here?" Everyone looks at him. "Sorry. I need it after a battle to calm my nerves. And the sea certainly isn't doing anything for me. I suggest we throw the drawer at the ground until it pops open and we get the contents out of it."

"Also, my gold should be 39, not 59, not that I'm complaining..."

OOC: Ok, I'll change your power.

Nope, no booze.

The heroes crash the dresser. Contents such as papers, maps, charts, a ring box (inside is a ring embedded with a chariot hieroglyphic), and a rather fashionable dagger, though it appears it is more for shown than actual combat. (WP: 2)

Heroes- you may discuss what you will do or what these contents could be used for. Everyone may put in their opinions/input.

"We'll be reaching port in two hours." says the first mate.

"A ring?! I like rings! Is it gold?! Does anyone want it? I could go for a ring!"

"Before we divvy out the booty, we should consult the second-mate and see if He can tell us the significance of the hieroglyphs." Said Sylph as he glanced outside the cabin.

'Agreed' said Barur but his eyes were gazed at the charts and maps.'Is there any chance I can take a look at some of these first mate?'

He then turned to his fellows adventurers and ,in a more sober tone, said ' I think we could be blinding ourselves with the glitter from the ring and dagger on the dresser my friends, we should probably try and ascertain what really happen here first. And lets not forget these are still the captain's belongings regardless of his current status... '

'Mr.First Mate, in the absence of a live captain, you are appointed for his place, am I correct?'

"Before we divvy out the booty, we should consult the second-mate and see if He can tell us the significance of the hieroglyphs." Said Sylph as he glanced outside the cabin.

"I believe, that each province or ruler has his own special seal. As I work on a ship, I've never seen one before, this may be it, it grants access legally into a port or shows authority or something." says the first mate.

'Agreed' said Barur but his eyes were gazed at the charts and maps.'Is there any chance I can take a look at some of these first mate?'

He then turned to his fellows adventurers and ,in a more sober tone, said ' I think we could be blinding ourselves with the glitter from the ring and dagger on the dresser my friends, we should probably try and ascertain what really happen here first. And lets not forget these are still the captain's belongings regardless of his current status... '

'Mr.First Mate, in the absence of a live captain, you are appointed for his place, am I correct?'

"Yes, I believe, I should be captain." states the first mate/new captain confidently. "Look at charts? Go ahead."

The charts show a map of the seas, wind forecasts, and personal letters. "I'd don't think he would like you reading those." says the new captain.

Barur takes a glance at the new captain as he mention the dwarf reading the personal letters.His mere interest was in the maps, as there could be something useful and also Barur just happens to like maps and charting.

'Good Sylph I think we should take this ring as it can be useful,as we port we can inquire about which province this belongs and what else we can do with it.We can also take this dagger,even if it is not a fighting worthy weapon,should get us some gold in the market'

The dwarf goes back outside to where the fight occurred and picks up his pipe and puts it back on his pack.

'Land ho mates!We're almost there'

Edited by Aveal the black sheep

Sylph, the party leader, takes the ring and the dagger.

"Land ho!" shouts a look out.

"I'm afraid this is all the time we could spend together. Good luck! Don't let the captain's death be for nothing, I'm sure you will do well!" says the new captain.

The heroes depart, though at the beach is a tough looking man, one who has been in the wild.

"Stop. Who are you? What have you brought for identification? Where did you come from?" states the man. He addresses this to each member of the party. Be careful...

guide.jpg

Amorith was not unhappy to see the end of that ship, no one had felt particularly good while they were on that vessel, maybe that was why we did so badly in the first round.

"Thank you for the gold and the tonic Sylph." Amorith said to his companion

Amorith was sad that he never got to meet the captain but his thoughts were fixed on the dagger and the ring.

Amotrith spoke in a hushed voice so that only his companions could hear him,

"I think we should tell him the truth, we are delegates from Heroica hall sent to stop the raiding of caravans in your good nation."

OCC: I think my ether should be 5/6 because the magic burst does not use ether.

"Everyone stand back! I am a knight! My talent is diplomacy!" Boomingham steps forward and offers the man his hand. "My name is Lord Lawrence Boomingham. I am a knight from a far away land! My friends and I are Heroes from Heroica Hall, perhaps you've heard of it and perhaps you haven't. We go around the world righting wrongs and drinking-" a look from his friends stop him. "Drinking to the wellness of strong leaders and trying to win over as many ladies hearts-" again, a look, "to the side of good as we can. We are here to meet the Blacksmith. Can you take us to him?"

"Everyone stand back! I am a knight! My talent is diplomacy!" Boomingham steps forward and offers the man his hand. "My name is Lord Lawrence Boomingham. I am a knight from a far away land! My friends and I are Heroes from Heroica Hall, perhaps you've heard of it and perhaps you haven't. We go around the world righting wrongs and drinking-" a look from his friends stop him. "Drinking to the wellness of strong leaders and trying to win over as many ladies hearts-" again, a look, "to the side of good as we can. We are here to meet the Blacksmith. Can you take us to him?"

"Right, right. Good enough answer. But! What is your identification to access this port legally? :angry: That will be your only warning. Now again! Stop. Who are you? What have you brought for identification? Where did you come from?" repeats the aggravated man. He addresses this to each member of the party. Be careful...

guide.jpg

"Yes, sorry. Good Sir, I am the leader of this band or heroes. Here is the signet ring which should grant us access to the port, and if that is insufficient, here is the ceremonial dagger." I show him both

Wearing a look of mild confusion, Nyx mutters quietly so only her quest companions can hear..

Uhm, right, good... :look: I barely remember being on the ship let alone searching the captain's cabin and finding the ornamental dagger and engraved ring...

Has there been a rip in the fabric of time??

Again??

At least it wasn't my fault this time.

Was it?? :look:

Oh well, I agree the best bet is to be terribly polite to this gentleman and flash the goods at him. By which I very much mean the dagger and the ring, of course! :blush:

Oh and in my confusion I seem to have miscounted my Tonics as I'm very sure I had four, not two when I got on the boat. :wink:

"Thanks," says the guard.

He takes the ring and dumps it in ink. He then presses the ring against a sheet of paper. He then takes a closer look at the seal.

"Oh, this is the seal of the captain who transport those of Heroica! It's really you! In fact, I'm your guide to Carthago."

The heroes exchange glances like he is out of his mind.

"Sir, aren't we in... Carthago?" says Boomingham, helping with diplomacy.

"Nope. Didn't your captain tell you? This is another port. You still need to go East. But it's not safe because of cow shooting crossbowmen corsairs. So we travel on land, and I guide you. Come."

One day later, in a hot morning.....

"There it is. There is Carthago. Don't you love seeing those domes in the distance? Quite a marvel. I must warn you, the villagers will want you questing the first thing tomorrow. You may do your shopping in the market now, or wait until the morning to get last minute goods. (you will)" informs the guide.

img_0927.jpg

EDIT: Pandora, my refresh wasn't working so I skipped your post. And I'll to go some slower. Sorry! :blush:

ava-sylph.jpg

Power: 10 Health: 15/15 Ether: 11/11 Gold: 59 Inventory: Mockthril Rod (WP: 6), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Ice Bomb, Water Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Bone

IMG_1583-1.jpg

44 years old Male Human

Power: 11 Health: 17/17 Gold: 59

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 7), Shaduex Shield (SP: 4), Shield (SP: 2), 2 Potions, Venom, Bedroll, Bone

Power: 15 Health: 15/15 Ether: 15/15 Gold: 48

Inventory: Dawnstar II (WP: 4), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Sandman's Parasol, 2 Potions, Remedy, 4 Tonics, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, 2 Bones

Power: 6 Health: 6/6 Ether: 4/6 Gold: 19

Inventory: Fang Dagger (WP: 4), Potion, opal elemental gem, Bedroll, Tonic. Plus a 10 gold debt to Ranger Docken. Thats for Sandy's Heroica RPG

dwarfclericsm.jpg

260 years old Male Dwarf Power: 5 Health:10/10 Ether:6/6 Gold: 29

Inventory: Rune Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Remedy, Venom

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul