Sign in to follow this  
Etzel

Heroica RPG - Quest #49: The Light That Reveals Everything

Results of Round Eleven of the Battle in the Catacombs:

Haldor uses Phoenix Essence on Cronk

Cronk uses Phoenix Essence on Alexis

>Alexis vs. Undead Swordsman - Spell (Undead: 177 health -(36x2=72 damage)= 105 health, Alexis -1 ether)

>Alexis vs. Undead Swordsman - Spell Aim (Undead: 105 health -(13x2= 26 damage)= 79 health, Alexis -1 ether)

Haldor uses his Phoenix Essence on Cronk who then does the same on Alexis which fires two spells of burning Light at the undead.

Enemies:

8083331147_b953f05dc1_t.jpg

Undead Swordsman

Type: Undead

Level: 42

Health: 79/420

Special:
Horrifying moan
- The undead moans with great agony and the inflicts the
afraid
and
jinxed
effect on the hero. The effects last to the end of the battle or until remedied.

Drops: Rusty Sword (WP:14, will break after 3 hits), 2 Somas

The Party:

IMG_1204-1.jpg

Alexis Fenral
(Played by Masked Builder)

19 years old female elven Evoker

Level 23
*Hastened*
*Immune to Fragile*

Power:
(23+13)

Defense:

Health:
36/36 (6+23+3+5)

Ether:
21/24 (23+1)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Mockthril Longbow (WP:13, ranged), Quickdraw Quiver (permanent hastened-effect), Lieutenant's Helmet (SP:3, protects from fragile)

Inventory:
Flute of the Magi (WP:3, asleep-effect), Cat-o'-Nine-Tails (WP:9, damage divided between all enemies, Suitable For Rouges), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5, Light Elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Opal (
Ice
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Ruby (
Fire
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Diamond (
Light
), Tonic, Grand Tonic, Milk, 2 Meads, 2 Nostrums, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Pickaxe, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Potion, Holy Bomb, 2 Remedies, 2 Somas, Phoenix Essence, Grand Potion, Carrot, Bone, Ring of Sight (protects from
blinded
)

Spirits:
Skorpios
(Amethyst),
Ocven the Ice Dragon
(Opal),
Shalma the Thunderbird
(Topaz),
Sarp Zarra
(Aquamarine),
Mandy
(Ruby),
?????
(Diamond)

haldorface.png

Haldor Skovgaard
(Played by Scorpiox)

Level 20 Shaman, 33 year old male human Nord. *Immune to
Weakened
Fragile
and
Blinded

Power:
34 (
Level 20, +12 WP, +2 from Pugilist's Gloves)

Defense:
(+2 from Ethereal Cloak, +5 from Heavy Armour)

Health:
2/37
(Base 9, +19 Level Increase, +9 Additional)

Ether:
28/28
(Base 5, +19 Level Increase, +1 Additional, +4 from Ethereal Cloak)

Gold:

Equipment:
Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12,
Light
and
Water
elemental), Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether,
Blindness
Immunity), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power,
Weakened
Immunity), Heavy Armour (SP:+5,
Fragile
Immunity).

Inventory:
Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (
Hexed
immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Bluehood's Aquamarine, Emerald Lamp of Summoning, Health Core, Potion (x3), Remedy (x2), Mead, Nostrum (x2), Smelling Salts, Soma, Zoot's Plaything.

6882536309_34131623d7_t.jpg

Cronk
(Played by CorneliusMurdock)

Level 24 1/3 Paladin
*Blessed*

Power
: 36

Defense:

Health:
44/44

Ether:
27/27

Gold:

Equipment:
Zoot's Bane (Suitable only for Cronk; WP: 12,
Light
), Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP: 8), Elaborate Helmet (SP: 2), Paladin's Armour (Suitable for Paladins, +4 SP, +2 Max Ether), Ennoc's Gratitude (Artifact, Accessory, User Perma-Blessed, Requires Light Weapon)

Inventory:
Twin Broadswords (WP:20, user can attacks 2 enemies in the same turn, user is unable to use a shield), Beast Skewer (Lance; WP: 12), Sword of Bashing (Longsword; WP:5), Blacksmith Writ, Bedroll, Holy Bomb, 4 Stakes (WP:1 to each of them)

Party leader
, post the order of action.
Everyone
, choose your actions.

Results of Round Twelve of the Battle in the Catacombs:

Haldor does nothing

Cronk vs. Undead Swordsman - Damage (Cronk: 44 health + 14 defense -(42 damage)= 16 health)

>Alexis vs. Undead Swordsman - Spell (Undead: 79 health -(36x2=72 damage)= 7 health, Alexis -1 ether)

>Alexis vs. Undead Swordsman - Great spell (Undead: 7 health -((13x2+23)x2= 98 damage)= 0 health, Alexis -1 ether)

Cronk blessed - (16+3= 19 health)

Haldor just stands and watch as Cronk is hit hard by the undead. But Alexis seems to be in good form and fires away two strong Light spells that blasts the enemy into tiny, disgusting pieces of rotten flesh.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

All heroes gain a third of a level, and the enemy drops a rusty sword and 2 soma bottles.

The Party:

IMG_1204-1.jpg

Alexis Fenral

Level 23 1/3
*Hastened*
*Immune to Fragile*

Power:
(23+13)

Defense:

Health:
36/36 (6+23+3+5)

Ether:
19/24 (23+1)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Mockthril Longbow (WP:13, ranged), Quickdraw Quiver (permanent hastened-effect), Lieutenant's Helmet (SP:3, protects from fragile)

Inventory:
Flute of the Magi (WP:3, asleep-effect), Cat-o'-Nine-Tails (WP:9, damage divided between all enemies, Suitable For Rouges), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5, Light Elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Opal (
Ice
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Ruby (
Fire
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Diamond (
Light
), Tonic, Grand Tonic, Milk, 2 Meads, 2 Nostrums, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Pickaxe, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Potion, Holy Bomb, 2 Remedies, 2 Somas, Phoenix Essence, Grand Potion, Carrot, Bone, Ring of Sight (protects from
blinded
)

Spirits:
Skorpios
(Amethyst),
Ocven the Ice Dragon
(Opal),
Shalma the Thunderbird
(Topaz),
Sarp Zarra
(Aquamarine),
Mandy
(Ruby),
?????
(Diamond)

haldorface.png

Haldor Skovgaard
(Played by Scorpiox)

Level 20 1/3 Shaman, 33 year old male human Nord. *Immune to
Weakened
Fragile
and
Blinded

Power:
34 (

Defense:

Health:
2/37

Ether:
28/28

Gold:

Equipment:
Light
and
Water
Blindness
Weakened
Fragile
Immunity).

Inventory:
Hexed
immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Bluehood's Aquamarine, Emerald Lamp of Summoning, Health Core, Potion (x3), Remedy (x2), Mead, Nostrum (x2), Smelling Salts, Soma, Zoot's Plaything.

Cronk

Level 24 2/3 Paladin
*Blessed*

Power

Defense:

Health:
19/44

Ether:
27/27

Gold:

Equipment:
Light
), Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP: 8), Elaborate Helmet (SP: 2), Paladin's Armour (Suitable for Paladins, +4 SP, +2 Max Ether), Ennoc's Gratitude (Artifact, Accessory, User Perma-Blessed, Requires Light Weapon)

Inventory:
Twin Broadswords (WP:20, user can attacks 2 enemies in the same turn, user is unable to use a shield), Beast Skewer (Lance; WP: 12), Sword of Bashing (Longsword; WP:5), Blacksmith Writ, Bedroll, Holy Bomb, 4 Stakes (WP:1 to each of them)

Party leader, distribute the loot from the battle:

8205001783_9cc908b2f0_t.jpg

Rusty Sword
- (WP:14, will break after 3 hits) Suitable for Knights, Rogues and their advance classes.

heroica-soma.jpg

2x Soma
– Causes the blessed-effect, allowing the target to recover 3 health at the end of each round for the duration of one battle.

"Good work folks, you finally got rid of that rotten sack of meat, no thanks to me. I appreciate the heal, Cronk."

Haldor looks away sheepishly, before turning back to all the others.

"I'm not really sure what happened there."

Alexis rolls her eyes at Haldor. "Well that took forever. Cronk I guess you get the sword. Haldor and I will split the two somas. Unless you want both Haldor."

Cronk heals himself and Haldor back up to full health at the cost of 2 ether while Alexis distributes the loot from the battle.

The Party:

IMG_1204-1.jpg

Alexis Fenral

Level 23 1/3
*Hastened*
*Immune to Fragile*

Power:
(23+13)

Defense:

Health:
36/36 (6+23+3+5)

Ether:
19/24 (23+1)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:

Inventory:
Ice
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Ruby (
Fire
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Diamond (
Light
), Tonic, Grand Tonic, Milk, 2 Meads, 2 Nostrums, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Pickaxe, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Potion, Holy Bomb, 2 Remedies, 3 Somas, Phoenix Essence, Grand Potion, Carrot, Bone, Ring of Sight (protects from
blinded
)

Spirits:
Skorpios
(Amethyst),
Ocven the Ice Dragon
(Opal),
Shalma the Thunderbird
(Topaz),
Sarp Zarra
(Aquamarine),
Mandy
(Ruby),
?????
(Diamond)

haldorface.png

Haldor Skovgaard
(Played by Scorpiox)

Level 20 1/3 Shaman, 33 year old male human Nord. *Immune to
Weakened
Fragile
and
Blinded

Power:
34 (

Defense:

Health:
37/37

Ether:
28/28

Gold:

Equipment:
Light
and
Water
Blindness
Weakened
Fragile
Immunity).

Inventory:
Hexed
immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Bluehood's Aquamarine, Emerald Lamp of Summoning, Health Core, Potion (x3), Remedy (x2), Mead, Nostrum (x2), Smelling Salts, Soma (x2), Zoot's Plaything.

Cronk

Level 24 2/3 Paladin
*Blessed*

Power

Defense:

Health:
44/44

Ether:
25/27

Gold:

Equipment:
Light

Inventory:
Twin Broadswords (WP:20, user can attacks 2 enemies in the same turn, user is unable to use a shield), Beast Skewer (Lance; WP: 12), Sword of Bashing (Longsword; WP:5), Blacksmith Writ, Bedroll, Holy Bomb, 4 Stakes (WP:1 to each of them), Rusty Sword (WP:14, will break after 3 hits)

Then Cronk would like to examine where swordsman came from.

Cronk inspects the shattered stone coffin from which the undead swordsman jumped out, but nothing except a few broken bones can be found.

"Well it looks like this place is a bust." Alexis digs here and at the other coffin room.

Alexis digs but can't find anything but dirt and stones.

"This is infuriating. Let's try my compass." Alexis concentrates on finding the killer.

The compass just spins around until Alexis loses her concentration and begins to think of lunch, then it points towards the exit of the catacombs.

The heroes return up to the Sanctuary. On their way they can see that they have left footprints in the dust, but no other traces of any activity can be found except a puddle of coagulated blood directly underneath Sir Mandric's body. It appears that the catacomb trace is a dead end.

Where do the party wish do to go next?

Haldor sighed.

"It looks like we're no closer to finding anything so we might as well go and get something to eat. A nord without ale is like a bird without wings."

The norseman retrieved a hand from his pack, now sure that he unfortunately wasn't carrying any spare alcohol. While he began to set off for the kitchen, Haldor walked beside Alexis with a nervous expression.

"Alexis, d'you mind if I talk to about something? I know it is probably none of my buisness, but I think it's time that you stop just dodging the truth in hope it'll go away."

"Alright, to the kitchen we go."

Alexis notices Haldor beside her as they make their way to the kitchen.

"What do you mean?" Alexis asks, truly puzzled.

"I'm surprised that you haven't already guessed. This is about Althior."

Noticing Alexis' look, Haldor puts a hand on her shoulder.

"Look, I know that you don't want to talk about him right now, but it is time that you sorted this out. Have you actually even spoken to him after it happened? I'll tell you one thing, he wishes it hadn't happened, he told me that he wanted to fix things, but that you didn't want anything to do with him. What was it that set it off in the first place, that little thing with Ellaria? You know her better than me, and you know that she wouldn't have it in her to carry on with him behind your back, so what is there to be angry at Althior about? You two were perfect with each other, just promise me that you'll see him and hear him out, 'cause I'd hate for you to fall apart over the first hurdle you've faced together. Jess and me got through it, I don't see why you can't too."

The nord smiled and waited for her response.

Edited by Scorpiox

"Oh." Alexis says as she realizes that's what he meant. "Spoken? No, no not really, we've both kept our distance. It's really the principle of the incident. I didn't want to either, but what's done is done. If he comes back and apologizes, fine, I can move on from that."

"Great. I'd hate for two of my best comrades, who shared so much in common, to just leave each other suddenly over something like this. I'm sure that you can make it work if you both try."

Haldor absent mindedly shuffled through his pack whilst talking, and it took him a little while to realise that his hand was fervently touching and probing the chaotic plaything that resided in his satchel, as though a subconcious force was drawing him into it. Ah, that, he had almost forgotten it, in the many things that had happened...

The heroes makes sure to close the entrance to the catacombs before walking to the kitchen, it would've been very inconvinient with a big gap in the middle of the sanctuary and who knows if that was the only undead down there...

In the kitchen they meet with the chef Fat Mats again.

8083323518_6cc8766b90_t.jpg

"Late as usual! Where have you been, the lunch was served 2 hours ago? Now, there are only cold left overs available for you."

"We were investigating the murder. Which I think is all you need to know. Let's eat and then go talk to those novices."

The heroes have their meal and then returns back through the corridors and the sanctuary, over to the dormitory where they find all the novices:

8179730244_b9906031b0_z.jpg