wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Fingers crossed! :cry_happy:

I'm also hoping they improve the nazguul figs! I love the new horses, orcs, Uruks, fellowship, and on and on and on.... But the nazguul look too much like Harry potter figs. They need a new hood and cloak.

Also, would have loved a new hat and staff for Gandolf. My guess is we get them in future releases.

Ther is more LOTRs to come? I thought that after this wave there was only the hobbit sets. not that i'm complaining... :laugh:

Edited by Legonardo Davidy

Ther is more LOTRs to come? I thought that after this wave there was only the hobbit sets. not that i'm complaining... :laugh:

It's not confirmed yet so no one actually knows.

Given that there will be a second hobbit film after this one and the license will cover both of them I'd be really suprised if we didn't see another wave of LOTR next summer followed by a second Hobbit wave (SMAUG!) for the second film at the least. Beyond that your guess is as good as mine.

Unrelated to this I was just thinking about the Hobbit game that's been announced and it occured to me they should do a Lord of the Rings version of some kind of Heroica system.

Edited by Ash

It's not confirmed yet so no one actually knows.

Given that there will be a second hobbit film after this one and the license will cover both of them I'd be really suprised if we didn't see another wave of LOTR next summer followed by a second Hobbit wave (SMAUG!) for the second film at the least. Beyond that your guess is as good as mine.

Unrelated to this I was just thinking about the Hobbit game that's been announced and it occured to me they should do a Lord of the Rings version of some kind of Heroica system.

Fair enough. I do hope that LOTR has a second wave, I probably won't go for the hobbit sets but you never know...

Fair enough. I do hope that LOTR has a second wave, I probably won't go for the hobbit sets but you never know...

I might not, either. I suppose that I'll collect Bilbo and the seven dwarves, but knowing Lego, they'll probably make me buy all of the sets to collect all of them. :hmpf_bad:

I might not, either. I suppose that I'll collect Bilbo and the seven dwarves, but knowing Lego, they'll probably make me buy all of the sets to collect all of them. :hmpf_bad:

You mean 13 dwarves :laugh:

I wonder if they'll actually include 13 different dwarves across the first wave of hobbit sets? Seems crazy

Has the Lego LOTR video game been confirmed???

Not yet. We don't know if there will even be a possibility of one yet (Though I hope there is! :grin:)

Sadly only a small pic! but still a pic.....

le_lotrorkschmiede.jpg

Sadly only a small pic! but still a pic.....

le_lotrorkschmiede.jpg

Wooo! GRogall you're the best!! One thing though, I thought the model at the Toy Fair had 5 minifigs, not 4 (Brickpedia - Orc Forge). Does this mean they pulled one of the figs from the set? :thumbdown:

Edited by Combee

Yup, they ripped out one of the figures...

Thanks for the picture anyways, though! I'm fine with it if both orcs will turn out to have much more variation.

The ToyFair figures had something on the backs of their heads, so if the orc with hair has a reversible head, then I doubt the bald one does.

In the set, there are 2 sets of Uruk-hai armor: helmet with the White Hand, shield with the White Hand and breastplate, all x2.

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

Yup, they ripped out one of the figures...

If that wasn't bad enough, one of the Mordor Orcs doesn't even have hair! :cry_sad:

On the other hand, there's still 3 exclusive figures in this set, 4 if the White Hand stuff doesn't come in any other set....it won't be an army builder, not by a long shot, but it's a nice set nonetheless.

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

If that wasn't bad enough, one of the Mordor Orcs doesn't even have hair! :cry_sad:

Im glad about that, not all orcs have exactly the same hair and ears.

Im glad about that, not all orcs have exactly the same hair and ears.

But it has absolutely no headpiece. If we had another one of the piece, we could have the option of removing it, but it's not ever there. And how would you explain the lack of ears? :poke:

But it has absolutely no headpiece. If we had another one of the piece, we could have the option of removing it, but it's not ever there. And how would you explain the lack of ears? :poke:

Most lego figures doesen't have ears, and not all orcs have huge ears. :sweet:

Besides if they had hair it would propably have a double sided face wich would make removing the hair abit silly looking in my opinion.

According to the microsite on LEGO the Uruk with the hair is suppose to be Lurtz from the first movie, but in my opinion it looks nothing like him :sad:

Thanks again, 'GRogall'! You're on a roll! :sweet:

The set's box itself looks very nice and detailed. It's a bit disappointing that they took out a figure, but I'll still get this set, nevertheless.

According to the microsite on LEGO the Uruk with the hair is suppose to be Lurtz from the first movie, but in my opinion it looks nothing like him :sad:

My only complaint is hes brow should have been abit lower down.

They are using the same print for lurtz as all the other uruks.

Ya I don't think they(uruks) are black enough, but not going to stop me from army building...

Thanks Grogal for the pic!

where do you get them all?

Noo! Why did they take out an Orc? :distressed:

The lack of a hairpiece is a shame, because it also means the head won't be double-sided.

The printed armour is nice, but it's hardly consolation for losing a figure.

Noo! Why did they take out an Orc? :distressed:

The lack of a hairpiece is a shame, because it also means the head won't be double-sided.

The printed armour is nice, but it's hardly consolation for losing a figure.

I'll def take the same amount of armor, printed, just minus a fig...default_cry_happy.gif

Oh, and WHY is there no white hand banners in the Uruk-hai army?????????

and new progress on Helms deep in other thread...

Edited by Durins Bane