WhiteFang

Eurobricks Collectable LEGO Minifigures Series 3 Building Contest

I've built my enrties for A and B now just need to get some good shots and they'll be up.

I have a question: For category B, does it have to contain a series 1 minifigure AND a series 2 minifigure? I am having difficulty finding anything space-related in series 2...

Are stickers allowed? Stickers of our own design, that is. I want to add a mirror in my entry by making a shiny sticker to apply to the surface at hand. Is this okay?

-Nuju Metru

Are stickers allowed? Stickers of our own design, that is. I want to add a mirror in my entry by making a shiny sticker to apply to the surface at hand. Is this okay?

-Nuju Metru

Well, there's always the option of putting a bunch of gold tiles together. That's what I did one time in an MOC.

Edited by JustinYum

For category B, does it have to contain a series 1 minifigure AND a series 2 minifigure?

Yes, it have to and that is the whole objective for this contest.

Are stickers allowed? Stickers of our own design, that is.

No, that is not allowed, unless it is an official TLG stickers.

my entry for be is up noe hope you like it. :sweet::sweet:

Nice presentation on your Category B entry. However, you could only use one minifigure each from Series 1 and 2.

The chosen minifigure from Series 1 and Series 2 is required to be shown in the entry, while the imaginary minifigure from Series 3 is not allow to be seen in the entry

Please take one of the minifigure away and re-post your entry. Thanks.

so I can have more than the two minifigs in the vig but only one from each series? :sceptic:

so I can have more than the two minifigs in the vig but only one from each series? :sceptic:

You can put as many minifigures as you like but only one specific selected minifigure from Series 1 and Series 2 each. The whole objective of the Category B is to see a 3 way interaction from Series 1, 2 and and an imaginary Series 3 minifigure.

You can put as many minifigures as you like but only one specific selected minifigure from Series 1 and Series 2 each. The whole objective of the Category B is to see a 3 way interaction from Series 1, 2 and and an imaginary Series 3 minifigure.

So I really only need to edit my text to say : series 1 - cowboy

series 2 - Mexican

series 3 - India chief

but leave the indian from series 1 in the vig as scenery?

I've re-read your post and I'll re-shoot it without the indian from series 1.

Edited by TazManiac

While my question may seem stupid, actually I don't think it is. Is the size limit 800x600 the limit of width and height respectively? Or is it a size limit regardelss of how the picture is oriented? I mean, can I post a picture that is 600x800? I wish to post my entry for category A today and just wanted to make sure... :classic:

While my question may seem stupid, actually I don't think it is. Is the size limit 800x600 the limit of width and height respectively? Or is it a size limit regardelss of how the picture is oriented? I mean, can I post a picture that is 600x800? I wish to post my entry for category A today and just wanted to make sure... :classic:

It is strongly encouraged to put your entry as 800x600 or 640x480 as it will eventually helps me to resize the photos of your entries better in the voting thread. Using weird ratios will only results to your disadvantage in terms of your presentation, which means I will make it smaller than the rest.

ok I've updated my entry is it all good now?

is the fist pic going in the voting thread or will you choose one?

ok I've updated my entry is it all good now?

is the fist pic going in the voting thread or will you choose one?

Thank you TazManiac. I have removed the flag. By default, I will always choose the first image for the voting thread.

Sorry for being annoying with all my questions, this is the first competition I'm seriously thinking about participating in so I don't want to mess it up.

Is it alright to use multiples of the same minifigure from the same series in catergory B? I have an idea for using traffic cops as soldiers, but I'm thinking about stuffing 3 or 4 in the entry.

Also, can you make minor changes to the 2 actual minifigures from series 1 or 2? The specific example I'm thinking aboutis to add epaulettes to, say, a spaceman or traffic cop.

Finally, can the bignette be made to accomodate more than one selected series 3 minifigure? Only one alien doesn't seem to threatening to me...

Is it alright to use multiples of the same minifigure from the same series in catergory B? I have an idea for using traffic cops as soldiers, but I'm thinking about stuffing 3 or 4 in the entry.

No. It is not allowed.

Also, can you make minor changes to the 2 actual minifigures from series 1 or 2? The specific example I'm thinking aboutis to add epaulettes to, say, a spaceman or traffic cop.

No. It is not allowed too.

Finally, can the bignette be made to accomodate more than one selected series 3 minifigure? Only one alien doesn't seem to threatening to me...

I don't quite get this question. Could you please elaborate on it.

My entry for category C is up. I believe I've followed all the rules. Otherwise I'd like to hear it :classic:

It's an interesting category. The first time I just looked at the entries and was surprised that this forum (which is usually quite proper) made up such an inappropriate contest! :laugh:

Edited by Admiral Croissant

I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but are we allowed to use flesh minifigures or do we need to use original Lego figures, especially for Cat C?

Is it alright if I post my LDD build in the entry thread? I know I'm disqualified automatically, but I just wanted to participate :laugh:

I could always just make a new topic for it... maybe a topic where people can post their LDD entries? lol.

I can not see, if my posting is successfull, so maybe you get this questin twice from me, but better twice, than never.

My weird, but i think rightful question is, if small plastic bags in LEGO sets count as LEGO for you (can I use them in my entry), or are they in the category of "custom items"?

Thank you for your answer in advance.

I'm sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but are we allowed to use flesh minifigures or do we need to use original Lego figures, especially for Cat C?

It was answered before, and you are allowed to use flesh minifigures.

Is it alright if I post my LDD build in the entry thread? I know I'm disqualified automatically, but I just wanted to participate :laugh:

No, you cannot post a LDD entry. However, you can post a new topic to showcase your LDD entry in this forum for sharing.

I can not see, if my posting is successfull, so maybe you get this questin twice from me, but better twice, than never.

My weird, but i think rightful question is, if small plastic bags in LEGO sets count as LEGO for you (can I use them in my entry), or are they in the category of "custom items"?

Thank you for your answer in advance.

"Small plastic bags in LEGO Sets", am I right to assume that those bags are those packaging that holds our LEGO parts together? If that is the case, the answer is NO. Simply because, these are just packaging materials, unless of course I assume wrongly, a picture will be better to clarify your stand. Thanks.

Sorry to interrupt the flow! But your humming bird is incredible, could I see another angle of this?

Please note that "entries topics" are meant for entries submission. Feedback for contestants are meant to post in this discussion thread.

"Small plastic bags in LEGO Sets", am I right to assume that those bags are those packaging that holds our LEGO parts together? If that is the case, the answer is NO. Simply because, these are just packaging materials, unless of course I assume wrongly, a picture will be better to clarify your stand. Thanks.

Yes, I thought of the packaging material, I thought it worths a question, I will use something like Harry's invisible cloak instead. It should represent a plastic bag, that is why i thought of a plastic bag to be used as a plastic bag. A picture would ruin the power of surprise, which will be the main feature of my entry for category "B", if it will ever be ready.