starstreak

REVIEW: 7869 Battle for Geonosis

Really? What did you put?

'Dear lego. A post on an internet forum told me the set was 24.99 BUT it's listed everywhere else as 35.99. Surely you've labeled it wrong'

Really? What did you put?

'Dear lego. A post on an internet forum told me the set was 24.99 BUT it's listed everywhere else as 35.99. Surely you've labeled it wrong'

Yes... that's what I wrote... because I'm completely insane!!!

No, of course not... I'd seen the low price myself too but only noticed tonight that it's been increased. I merely sent a brief message stating that and asking for some clartiy. However, after reading Kim's review of Mace's JSF and comparing the parts count, I think the increased price is a corrrection... damn shame.

No, of course not... I'd seen the low price myself too but only noticed tonight that it's been increased. I merely sent a brief message stating that and asking for some clartiy. However, after reading Kim's review of Mace's JSF and comparing the parts count, I think the increased price is a corrrection... damn shame.

You could always use the catalog price, which is probably the lower one.

This is a great looking set. Not only does it include some unique minifigs, but it also includes two very cool vehicles. The speeder looks well built and fun to play with. The cannon is amazing. Its not only unique but also very cool looking.

Yeah, if you have an S@H catalog with the lower price, there should be a code on the back to guarantee the pricing in the catalog.

Yeah, if you have an S@H catalog with the lower price, there should be a code on the back to guarantee the pricing in the catalog.

Good advice. I'll have to check when I get home from my holidays... cheers!

Good advice. I'll have to check when I get home from my holidays... cheers!

I got my catalogue in the post today and it's £35.99 :hmpf_bad:

It seems to be in line with the other set prices/piece ratio so I don't think it's incorrect. £1.00 of that is the new VAT price but that hardly makes a difference.

When I bought 7868 and 7869 they were priced the same.

When I bought 7868 and 7869 they were priced the same.

I got a response from LEGO Direct. They cited the UK tax increase and inflation for the rise for the increse. Not quite the answer to my question but to be honest I'm not too fussed anymore. I'll check my catalogue when I get home but most likely pay the asking price regardless. I'm such an AFOL... :wink: