XimenaPaulina

Post your general LEGO Star Wars questions here

I'm also a collector of old Star Wars Minifigs. I think if you wanted to be shure of an original City Cloud Boba Fett, then you have to buy the whole set - about 600€...

The quality of some custom printed Boba Fett's is excellent or better imo than the original. I bought a slice printed one for 25€ last month, and I was not dissapointed. I paid about 1500€ for the Minifigs last two month, I think the original is not worth 250€ for a risky investment.

Hi

Thanks for the info. Can you send a photo of the custom one you bought side by side with the original. That would be helpful.

Hi bobskins and welcome to Eurobricks!

There are a lot of customs around so you need to use your common sense; as with most things if a deal looks too good to be true it usually will be! That said if you purchase it from a reputable seller on either Ebay or Bricklink it should be fine. There's a good review of the set on Eurobricks (link) which includes some decent images of the minifigures, which may be of interest. Personally I've never owned one as I couldn't justify the cost of it, but I can see the attraction. If you're looking for an alternative, the current one in the UCS Slave 1 is great and available at a fraction of the cost!

For future reference there's a general Q&A thread pinned to the top of the forum which is ideal for this sort of thing; I'll merge this with it in a bit :classic:

Hi. Thanks. And thanks for the info on the Q&A. Does one thread for all questions not get confusing?

Boba Fett (UCS)

Boba Fett (10123 Cloud City)

Greedo (Original version)

TIE Pilot (UCS)

Bespin Guard (Original version)

Darth Maul (Polybag)

Darth Maul (Clone Wars)

Wullffwarro (Rebels Wookie)

C-3PO (Polybag)

Thats about it off the top of my head... ish...

You could add the Jek-14s to the list of arm-printing.

Hi. Thanks. And thanks for the info on the Q&A. Does one thread for all questions not get confusing?

When all the regulars read the thread's new posts, all the questions get seen by many and answered in good time, and don't get buried under moc topics. It doesn't matter that the same questions get asked now & then. In regard to your question, I don't have any old Boba Fetts but I do have one of the new helmet-moulded ones (from Desert Skiff a few years ago) and I think that one is quite nice, and with the separate helmet and jetpack makes it far superior to the rare old ones. The latest one from UCS Slave I is an upgrade even on that one, well worth going for instead. I think the latest one is the best, what with the leg & arm printing as well as the nicer colours & moulds.

You could add the Jek-14s to the list of arm-printing.

I totally forgot about that.... :blush: :blush:

So using the list you guys came up with and going through Brickset images I’ve come up with the below list for arm printing. (turns out you guys already had nearly all of them)

Boba Fett (UCS)

Boba Fett (10123 Cloud City)

Greedo (Original version)

TIE Pilot (UCS)

Bespin Guard (Original version)

Darth Maul (Polybag)

Darth Maul (Clone Wars)

Wullffwarro (Rebels Wookie)

C-3PO (Polybag)

JEK-14 (stealth fighter)

JEK-14 (comic con)

JEK-14 (Jedi Scout fighter)

Wookie (Rebels)

*General Grievous (2014, droid arms)

Savage did not have printed arms, neither did Ventress.

Hey guys I'm considering getting some sets. How is the republic frigate from 2011? I prefer phase two clones but the ship and commander wolffe looks very cool. I am also considering the bar speeder with sidecar that includes phase 2 captain rex. Is the AV7 canon any good or is bricklinking the phase 2 wolf pack clones better. These all seem like very cool sets and I really enjoyed the clone wars series. would you guys recommend any of these?

Hey guys I'm considering getting some sets. How is the republic frigate from 2011? I prefer phase two clones but the ship and commander wolffe looks very cool. I am also considering the bar speeder with sidecar that includes phase 2 captain rex. Is the AV7 canon any good or is bricklinking the phase 2 wolf pack clones better. These all seem like very cool sets and I really enjoyed the clone wars series. would you guys recommend any of these?

I have all of them and like them all

I have all of them and like them all

I'd like to get the frigate and speeder bike set but the canon I really cant see a mjor use for. the only draw to get the set is really for the wolfpack troopers.

The cannon is nothing special. I got all 3 sets for the minifigs, but BL might be a better choice for the AV-7 set clones, considering you have little interest in the cannon itself.

Edited by Artanis I

The cannon is nothing special. I got all 3 sets for the minifigs, but BL might be a better choice for the AV-7 set clones, considering you have little interest in the cannon itself.

Yeah. Ive got a few things on my to get list. First things first is picking up this republic gunship at a local store. I went over there earlier and picked up two of the clone turbo tank microfighters for the phase 2 troopers. The frigate and the speeder may need to wait. I'm also considering placing an order for some figures at clone army customs. I have a few printed clones from them and there really good quality. so many things to do. Edited by cullmancreations

Republic frigate is in my opinion a really decent set. Really good figs with it, it is actually quite big and has some nice play features in it. Id bricklink the troopers, the av7 cannon is a bit naff (again my opinion)

I prefer the Republic Frigate more. The set has good minifigures and a lot of play features like the bomb-dropping function. The AV7 is pretty good too but i think the Republic Frigate is way better.

Hey guys, I need an opinion on something. As soon as January 1st hits and we get these new TFA Battle Packs I'll be doing a TFA MOC. But I'm not sure about if I should get a First Order Transporter (since one will be present in my MOC, but I may require another one if it is large enough) or if I should just use the one Transporter and get about 7 more First Order Battle Packs in January.

Hey guys, I need an opinion on something. As soon as January 1st hits and we get these new TFA Battle Packs I'll be doing a TFA MOC. But I'm not sure about if I should get a First Order Transporter (since one will be present in my MOC, but I may require another one if it is large enough) or if I should just use the one Transporter and get about 7 more First Order Battle Packs in January.

Id wait out the movie, see what kind of transport/stormie ratio we see on screen, and consider what would make sense in your scene, ~28 more troopers or an extra transport.

Thanks for the tips guys. Also do any of you own the 2010 clone turbo tank. How is it?

my friend has one and its awesome. hold up good to

I've had a small accident with the dorsal fin on my 75094 Tydirium and I have lost the bricks for the upper half of the fin. Where would be the best place to obtain replacements?

Thanks

Thanks for the tips guys. Also do any of you own the 2010 clone turbo tank. How is it?

Seriously I prefer the 2011 version more than the 2010 version. The 2010 clone turbo tank isn't bad, but the construction of the set is not very well designed in some areas and the model can be wobble when swooshing with it.

I've had a small accident with the dorsal fin on my 75094 Tydirium and I have lost the bricks for the upper half of the fin. Where would be the best place to obtain replacements?

Thanks

Bricklink or similar specialized marketplace (I prefer BrickOwl myself due to more user-friendly browsing and payment options, but a lot of the same sellers can be found in both anyway). Common parts you can easily get for next to nothing as long as you can find a seller in the same economy zone to avoid excess shipping and handling costs, as overseas shipping and customs fees in particular can add up quickly and amount for a lot. I wouldn't know any particular store to recommend without knowing the details, but I doubt in this case you'll have much trouble finding the handful of parts you need in just about any of them.

You could also see if you can get the pieces directly from Lego, but that is unlikely to be any cheaper, and the pick-a-brick selection is rather limited to begin with.

Seriously I prefer the 2011 version more than the 2010 version. The 2010 clone turbo tank isn't bad, but the construction of the set is not very well designed in some areas and the model can be wobble when swooshing with it.

11? arnt there only the 2005 and 2010 versions? unless u cound the microfighter from 2014

11? arnt there only the 2005 and 2010 versions? unless u cound the microfighter from 2014

there are 2005/06 (light up sabers, and non light up sabers) and then there is 2010s, not sure which one they are attributing to 2011 either..

there are 2005/06 (light up sabers, and non light up sabers) and then there is 2010s, not sure which one they are attributing to 2011 either..

maybe they just got the set dates confused

Over on the MOD Mos Eisley thread www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115843&st=0&gopid=2361176& user TheBear posted an image of some minifigures based off of characters in the movie. However, I cant see and so I was wondering if anyone knows any of the pieces used for these? Thanks!

Bricklink or similar specialized marketplace (I prefer BrickOwl myself due to more user-friendly browsing and payment options, but a lot of the same sellers can be found in both anyway). Common parts you can easily get for next to nothing as long as you can find a seller in the same economy zone to avoid excess shipping and handling costs, as overseas shipping and customs fees in particular can add up quickly and amount for a lot. I wouldn't know any particular store to recommend without knowing the details, but I doubt in this case you'll have much trouble finding the handful of parts you need in just about any of them.

You could also see if you can get the pieces directly from Lego, but that is unlikely to be any cheaper, and the pick-a-brick selection is rather limited to begin with.

Thank you!

The bricks from pick a brick may be limmited, but if you call TLG directly you can buy any brick that isn't lisenced that is currently in production. I got a polar bear for just 2 pounds, and so I am sure you could find the missing parts from them for not much as long as you have the part numbers.