______

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Christopher Eccleston to play Malekith The Accursed in Thor: The Dark World

And in other news: Bryan Singer confirms that the X-Men First Class 2 subtitle will be 'Days of Future Past' and discusses it here.

Edited by Praiter Yed

Man that's some cool news! Malekith is a cool bad guy. I wonder if he will send Thor on some mission through the other realms while he stays back and tries to take the throne from Odin :wink: Now that would be a cool movie :classic:

And in other news: Bryan Singer confirms that the X-Men First Class 2 subtitle will be 'Days of Future Past' and discusses it here.

FANTASTIC!

:grin:. I've no idea who Malekith is, but hey. A large amount of English actors in DC and Marvel films now.

'Days of Future Past' Hmm, is that the one with Bishop etc in. Damn time travel.

Another British guy as a bad guy in an American film?! Never would of guessed!

Anyway, aside from that, I love Christopher Eccleston, fantastic actor and I think he'll be a great bad guy! Also, Malekith sounds exciting. :thumbup:

You mean here. That's a dupe link to the Chris Eccleston story.

It is good to officially know Malekith's appearance, I was getting tired of rumours.

On another topic I wonder if Antman will be included in the Avengers 2, I believe he will.

It is good to officially know Malekith's appearance, I was getting tired of rumours.

On another topic I wonder if Antman will be included in the Avengers 2, I believe he will.

He better be, otherwise Ant-Man's solo movie is gonna be a complete waste.

If I'm honest, I don't know too much about Winter Soldier, but a quick Google search brings up two guys. One of these is a guy with a robotic arm with a star on it, black suit. The other is a Captain America-esque costume, with black legs/arms.

Are both of these guys the Winter Soldier? If so, which one do you think will be featured in the film?

I love the Capt.America suit with black legs/arms and am hopeful that LEGO will release him as a minifig. :wub:

Long story short, in the comics Bucky Barnes was a friend of Steve Rogers who became the Winter Soldier after some Russian brainwashing thing. Then when Rogers 'died' but actually didn't, Barnes took on the Captain America mantle; that's probably why you saw the black costume.

So no, there's only one Winter Soldier, so to speak. The movie will probably follow the same storyline as the comic Barnes.

You mean here. That's a dupe link to the Chris Eccleston story.

Oops :blush: that's what happens when you have too many windows open at once. Original post amended :wink:

Long story short, in the comics Bucky Barnes was a friend of Steve Rogers who became the Winter Soldier after some Russian brainwashing thing. Then when Rogers 'died' but actually didn't, Barnes took on the Captain America mantle; that's probably why you saw the black costume.

So no, there's only one Winter Soldier, so to speak. The movie will probably follow the same storyline as the comic Barnes.

Ah thanks, provided it's the same story, this sounds really good. :sweet:

Is this topic only for the intertwining cinematic universe of the movies made by Marvel or inclusive of movies made by other studios based on Marvel characters eg Spiderman, X-Men, Blade etc.?

There's some news of movement on a Daredevil reboot here. Interestingly the article also mentions the possibility of a Fantastic 4 reboot and that Marvel are allegedly negotiating to retreive the movie rights of Silver Surfer and Galactus from Fox for Guardians of the Galaxy.

I know this topic started with a GOTG focus and have to admit that for me the idea of a movie featuring a talking space racoon sounds awful but that could be because I've seen Alvin and the Chipmunks :sick:

Edited by Praiter Yed

Is this topic only for the intertwining cinematic universe of the movies made by Marvel or inclusive of movies made by other studios based on Marvel characters eg Spiderman, X-Men, Blade etc.?

There's some news of movement on a Daredevil reboot here. Interestingly the article also mentions the possibility of a Fantastic 4 reboot and that Marvel are allegedly negotiating to retreive the movie rights of Silver Surfer and Galactus from Fox for Guardians of the Galaxy.

I know this topic started with a GOTG focus and have to admit that for me the idea of a movie featuring a talking space racoon sounds awful but that could be because I've seen Alvin and the Chipmunks :sick:

Sure, any Marvel films can be included here. :grin:

If they are getting the rights back for Galactus, he better actually be in the film, not some stupid cloud. I have personally never liked Daredevil, and I too think this idea of a Raccoon in space sounds weird. :laugh:

I saw about the whole Galactus and Surfer going back to Marvel but it seems strange that Marvel would pull them away from FF.

'Days of Future Past' Hmm, is that the one with Bishop etc in. Damn time travel.

It's a time travel story, but it came out 10 years before Bishop was ever a character. It was a two issue and done story, not a dragging sub-plot that lasted years. Future writers have cannibalized the ideas from it for years. The original two issue story is worth a read, though they won't be able to follow it well in the next movie: it starred a grown-up Kitty Pryde, the daughter of Cyclops and Phoenix, and Franklin Richards, the son of Reed and Sue Richards of the Fantastic Four. Awesome story! It would be great to see that made in Lego, sentinels and all!

It's a time travel story, but it came out 10 years before Bishop was ever a character. It was a two issue and done story, not a dragging sub-plot that lasted years. Future writers have cannibalized the ideas from it for years. The original two issue story is worth a read, though they won't be able to follow it well in the next movie: it starred a grown-up Kitty Pryde, the daughter of Cyclops and Phoenix, and Franklin Richards, the son of Reed and Sue Richards of the Fantastic Four. Awesome story! It would be great to see that made in Lego, sentinels and all!

Ah I see, my history of non film Marvel productions is shaky at best :blush:.

As long as they manage to maintain consistency with existing X-Men films, I'll be happy. First Class made some annoying errors that made it a bit jarring to watch at times.

Don't Sony now have the rights to Daredevil and FF? I think FF would work in the same universe as SM, but DD would work better with the Avengers universe.

Joss Whedon officially signed on to Avengers 2! :wub: The thing that catches my eye is that he is making a TV Series marvel based.

More on Joss Whedon and Avengers 2 here.

A recent update on that story suggests not:

UPDATE: Deadline have refuted Variety's story from yesterday, saying that the reports of possible character trading between Fox and Marvel are being strenuously denied by studio insiders. According to this version of events, Joe Carnahan himself approached Fox with a take on Daredevil, but with Josh Trank's Fantastic Four now a high priority, the suggestion is that Fox would be crazy to give up Galactus or The Silver Surfer, and aren't much concerned about letting their option on Daredevil expire.

As long as they manage to maintain consistency with existing X-Men films, I'll be happy. First Class made some annoying errors that made it a bit jarring to watch at times.

I read some speculation (can't remember where) that by using the time travel story they could remove any inconsistencies between the existing films by effectively creating a new timeline (just like Star Trek then).

EDIT: Empire also have an in-depth look at the 'Days of Future Past' comic etc. here.

Note to self: stop reading Empire and EB and do some work! :devil:

Edited by Praiter Yed

Don't Sony now have the rights to Daredevil and FF? I think FF would work in the same universe as SM, but DD would work better with the Avengers universe.

Fox has those and the X-Men rights, and don't seem interested in giving them up soon.

And Daredevil crosses over really well with Spider-man :classic: Spidey is in Manhattan, and DD is in Hell's Kitchen. DD needs to visit Manhattan for lots of reasons, and both are street level heroes.

Well Marvel is trying to buy back Daredevil and a few characters from FF, but otherwise they still own the main 4. FF and Spider-Man would really work well together in my opinion :thumbup: hopefully with Chris Evans gone to be Cap they can do a Futuristic Foundation story :wub:

On another note, I don't really think they would put Daredevil in the new Avenger's movie. With all the character's they already have to work in I would be shocked if Daredevil was in it as well. Maybe they will mention Matt Murdock as a lawyer or something but I just don't see him in the movie. But I have been wrong before, once :wink:

Def: I agree 100% Spidey and DD are perfect together. A lot better fit, in my opinion, then DD would be with the Avengers.

Edited by Spider-Man

I keep hearing of this Deadpool movie. I wonder if it'll happen anytime soon. Apparently it's coming out December this year, from what I've heard. (Therefore take it with a pinch handful of salt. :wink:)

Do you have a source for it coming out in December? I have heard literally nothing about it coming this year, and at CC Marvel didn't say anything about it so I find it a little hard to imagine, but hopefully you're right :classic: I can't wait to see the Deadpool movie :laugh:

I read some speculation (can't remember where) that by using the time travel story they could remove any inconsistencies between the existing films by effectively creating a new timeline (just like Star Trek then).

A new time line :hmpf:, that would be worse than a reboot, it's not story changing things, just small bits like Xavier's and Eric's age upon meeting (15 in X-1 ,30's in FC) or character relations (Mystique and Xavier been almost siblings, to hardly acknowledging each other in the other films) or Xavier's legs (wheelchair at the end of FC, walking at the end of Wolverine, and flashback in X-3).