CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Call me old school, but I think the 2011 Supes looks way way better than the new movie one.

I completely agree. It looks more "comicy".

It also bugs me when people do minifigure review Youtube videos and don't bother to put the hairpiece on straight to start the video :hmpf_bad:

I just hate the way the new costume just seems to be trying so hard to draw the eye to his crotch. Who designed that suit, Joel Shumacher?

We went from Bat Nipples to Super Dick.

-Omi

Yay! Just snagged a IM3 Mansion set from a Toy's R Us in Rockford Illinois, USA. Expensive mark-up, but it's worth it. I'm working on a review now (And hopeing to get let into the review academy at the same time!). I didn't see the other two sets, but really this just says to keep an eye out because they are coming out early.

Illinois, eh? Man I hope some of those trickled into Michigan!

I bought the "mansion" at a TRU in Milwaukee, WI yesterday...the two smaller sets weren't there. The helicopter was every bit as 'meh' as I thought it would be, the mansion wall is nice, but wants to be three times larger and Mandarin is actually cooler than I thought he'd be, but I still think the rasta beard looks dumb. All the other minifigs were really nice.

While everyone is out getting Iron Man 3 sets, all my Toys"R"Us stores are either lying or holding the sets back until the 7th. :cry_sad:

Edited by just2good

While everyone is out getting Iron Man 3 sets, all my Toys"R"Us stores are either lying or holding the sets back until the 7th. :cry_sad:

All 3 sets are available on amazon.com for retail price. ;)

TRU stinks

All 3 sets are available on amazon.com for retail price. ;)

I know, but I don't wanna pay for shipping. :grin:

TRU stinks

Agreed! Not trying to go off topic, but their customer service sucks. They never return calls or anything.

Oh, and one question... is the Iron Man Mark XLII helmet a different color than the ones from the Avengers sets?

Agreed! Not trying to go off topic, but their customer service sucks. They never return calls or anything.

Oh, and one question... is the Iron Man Mark XLII helmet a different color than the ones from the Avengers sets?

with TRU's mark ups, you may as well be paying for shipping

With TRU's markup for the mansion alone is 10 dollars more, you're better off paying for shipping. Plus, don't you get free shipping with orders over 25 dollars? I don't remember, I've had Amazon Prime for a while now. :)

I don't really care about $10 extra. I'm a 40yo professional with no kids. Sorry, but TRU has it's purpose, imo.

The IM mask from the mansion, btw, seems to be the same from the Avengers line. I'd like them to change it up a bit.

I was planning on price matching and getting the Insectoid polybag. :wink:

TRU will only price match if you have a physical advertisement of another store charging that price. You can't just go in there and say "Target has it for this much". I've tried it before, and they've had issues with price matching on their OWN website. TRU's service is just awful based on previous experiences.

TRU will only price match if you have a physical advertisement of another store charging that price. You can't just go in there and say "Target has it for this much". I've tried it before, and they've had issues with price matching on their OWN website. TRU's service is just awful based on previous experiences.

Don't wanna move too far of topic, but the sets were listed on Kmart yesterday for a very short time (I so regret not store pick up'ing them), and I screen capped them. They do pricematch from online sites, or at least they did for me a couple times.

I believe we've had enough TRU side-discussion for now.

Please, let's get back on topic and discuss the sets (though some of us will have to wait longer than others to test them first-hand) and SH themes in general. Thanks.

I believe we've had enough TRU side-discussion for now.

Please, let's get back on topic and discuss the sets (though some of us will have to wait longer than others to test them first-hand) and SH themes in general. Thanks.

I do apologize!

Back onto Super Heroes discussion, I really wonder when they'll release (if they have one planned) the Thor 2 set. I would think an October release sounds fitting as they movie is coming in November, but LEGO recently has tend to be releasing movie based sets earlier (Iron Man 3 in March, Lone Ranger in April). But, then again, we would have already had the name of it if it were to come out in August or September...

I do apologize!

Back onto Super Heroes discussion, I really wonder when they'll release (if they have one planned) the Thor 2 set. I would think an October release sounds fitting as they movie is coming in November, but LEGO recently has tend to be releasing movie based sets earlier (Iron Man 3 in March, Lone Ranger in April). But, then again, we would have already had the name of it if it were to come out in August or September...

Not unless it will be a Comic-Con reveal? I'm not sure, but I haven't really seen much hype for any Fall movies yet.

I do apologize!

my hope is for 2 or 3 sets in October but more we will probably have to wait til January and we might only get 1. I expect we'lll be getting hobbit sets in November so, if we hear about the hobbit sets first, I think we'll be waiting for January

Maybe TLG only released 3 sets for IM3 because they have allocated some time for Thor 2 sets coming up in the fall? It would make more sense as to why we only got $12, $20, and $40 sets in this wave.

Edited by Spider-Man

Maybe TLG only released 3 sets for IM3 because they have allocated some time for Thor 2 sets coming up in the fall? It would make more sense as to why we only got $12, $20, and $40 sets in this wave.

Well, it seems like we may only be able to get a one Thor 2 set, as the DC line this year has six sets, but the Marvel line only has five so far. So I'm guessing one expensive Thor 2, kinda like the Black Pearl release from 2011 (an single set October release).

I'm not all that convinced that there has to be a set number of sets between the two themes? I don't think there is a 1:1 correlation between DC and Marvel. It is still too early in the themes to say anything for sure, but IMO LEGO will be making sets for each Marvel movie coming out (at least I sure hope so :wink: ).

I'm not all that convinced that there has to be a set number of sets between the two themes? I don't think there is a 1:1 correlation between DC and Marvel. It is still too early in the themes to say anything for sure, but IMO LEGO will be making sets for each Marvel movie coming out (at least I sure hope so :wink: ).

I guess you're right, or at least I'm hoping you are. But, last year it was that was, and this year it seems it will be (six for each). One set for a movie is possible (see TDKR set). I'm guessing next year we'll get 3 for CA2 and 3 for GotG

I e-mailed Lego awhile back about the whole equal number of sets and the guy was pretty vague but in the reply he seemed to say that Marvel and DC were not on an 'equality' rule of any kind but he did not say it in so many words, so alls we can do is keep guessing... I guess...

I e-mailed Lego awhile back about the whole equal number of sets and the guy was pretty vague but in the reply he seemed to say that Marvel and DC were not on an 'equality' rule of any kind but he did not say it in so many words, so alls we can do is keep guessing... I guess...

Thats interesting and good to know! :thumbup:

On another note

is the Mk 42 armor Iron Man's extremis armor, or are they two different things?