Sign in to follow this  
Zarkan

Offical Bionicle Heroes website now up!

Bionicle Heroes website.

The graphics on the site are really great! And I'm glad we can now see a lot more of the characters and weapons (which are looking totally awesome!). It's odd though that the DS version is rated T for teen when the other versions are rated E10 - even though they are rated for the exact same content. *wacko*

This is a pinner. *goes to add it to the Bionicle Index* ;-)

Bionicle Heroes: Adding a 5th and completely different plotline as well as defiling your favorite toa tools featuring "Toa-Tally heroes with aTiTuDe!".

Seriously - Lewas axe acting as a shotgun? Pohatu's foot becoming hand held and acting like a rokkit launcha? All kinds of other blow 'em up crap?

2006: The Death of Bionicle. |-/

Helden "Give me MNOLG or give me death!" Ravensburg

Bionicle Heroes: Adding a 5th and completely different plotline as well as defiling your favorite toa tools featuring "Toa-Tally heroes with aTiTuDe!".

Seriously - Lewas axe acting as a shotgun? Pohatu's foot becoming hand held and acting like a rokkit launcha? All kinds of other blow 'em up crap?

Helden "Give me MNOLG or give me death!" Ravensburg

The game's not canon,so Lewa's Airaxe is not really a shotgun and Pohatu's Toa Toes are not a rocket launcher. ;-)

And i'm happy for that.The Olda weapons should remain being mythical tools of their respective elements. ;-)

I have to disagree with you. 2006 was pretty bad for Bionicle, but last year was much, much worse imao. Perhaps in 2007, the clone sets will be gone...

Anyway, I don't see what's so special about this game.

Hmmm...Meditate on this I must. The Graphics are good, but why are they using old style Toa Weapons? Like from the beggining I've been wondering that. As for the game, will it have a totally spin off plot? coz if it does, I will be pissed. But if its a beautiful game, then...I might as well buy it and use it on my sis' ps2.

Why can't they just leave 2001 alone? I don't care if it's not 'canon', I don't want it messing up Bionicle like, say, FtB.

An RPG like the first GBA game or MNOLGII would have been much more appreciated than this pretentious, unindividual stuff....

Well, they left 2001 alone. They just used the weapons (which look very different from the toy form) from the Toa Olda, Metru and Inika. What's so terrible about it? It's great having three different weapons for each Toa!

Graphics are great. Enemies are well done (although I don't see Vezon and Fenrakk, maybe they're the final boss so they didn't show them), so are the Toa. I'm looking foward to this game.

Shakar

Lord Helden, I hardly think calling Bionicle Heroes a "Blow-em up crap game" really is a fair observance. I mean, although there are a lot of gun like weapons, they are more like elemental powers then rockets and guns. So, lewa's axe firing air-like shots and pohatu's hands (not feet, they are the hands) firing stone projectiles really isn't that unrealistic Bionicle speaking.

But more importantly, Bioncle heroes has a lot of things in common with Lego Starwars (collectable pieces as currency, simple puzzles, loads of unlockable content, different powers for each characters that are not just weapon powers), which, as everybody here knows, is a good thing. I've played the demo, and it really does feel like a Bionicle game, from the sound effects to all the lego piece touches, and it's easily distinguishable from plain blow-em-up shooters (IMO).

Dino Bot, sorry to say, but it is a spin off storyline. But just barely, actually, since it does follow the general concept of Bionicle 2006. The Piraka have stolen the mask of life, but instead of it unleashing the Ancient evil, it turns all the wildlife on Voya-Nui into different creatures (which is totally possibe in the offical Bionicle storyline, according to GregF). The Inika may be the only toa in the game, but the Voyatoran do make appearances, and they, like in 2006, give the Inika new weapons. It's more like an alternate storyline path instead of a complete spin-off. ;-)

Sorry for double posting, but since this post has nothing to do with the last one I made, I thought I might as well. Here's a guide for the Bioncle Heroes demo, which can be found on the offical website (which is what we're talking about!). Please let me know if I made any mistakes (I probably made at least one). ;-)

Bionicle Heroes:

Demo Walkthrough for PC

Copyright 2006 Daniel Carnes

1: Introduction

2: Controls

3: Basic Game Strategies

4: Walkthrough

5: Characters

6: Enemies

7: Items and Objects

8: Thanks

1: Introduction

Ever since the fantasy building toy line called Bionicle was released by The Lego Company in 2001, it has become a smash hit around the USA and beyond. Unfortunately, Bionicle has always been lacking in the Video Game department, save for a good GBA only game called Bionicle Maze of Shadows. From what I