Maxxum Town

Help to identify imitation Lego bricks

Hi guys, I have recently bought some parts from a bricklink seller in US, was shocked to discover some rip-off imitation bricks were mixed into the items sent to me under "used brick". Can anyone help me identify which looks genuine?

Top row are what I deem as obvious fake.

On the lower row, some comes with a round protruding ring on the "LEGO" while some doesn't. Anyone can help as I am very helpless in identifying or differentiating the difference

0735f7e0.jpg

Edited by Maxxum Town

The second row look to be genuine, or the best imitations fo the lot. :laugh:

But, I checked a brick that I had to hand and it had a stud similar to the 1st, 2nd and 4th bricks of the lower row, so I figure that those are all real ones. I imagine that the 3rd brick is proper too.

Top row, definitely all look imitation.

I think the left one in the upper row is a very old part with an old logo design. But not sure.

I think the left one in the upper row is a very old part with an old logo design. But not sure.

I received a lot with such a logo. Supposedly the part had been available only in old sets. But if it's a fake, I'd like to know, too.

Edited by RoxYourBlox

Don't worry about the rings (or lack thereof) on the studs. Lego periodically changes their molds when the old ones get worn out, and when they get new ones made there are sometimes small modifications. For example, they recently changed the mold for the headlight brick, and it now has a small slit near the bottom it didn't have before.

If I had to guess, I'd say the upper-left brick is a REALLY old (but still legit) part. The lower row looks legit, and the rest of the upper row (aside from the top-left) are definitely fakes (obviously).

You might want to keep that one on the upper left hidden away someplace safe, if it's legit like I think it is, it's probably fairly rare. :wink:

From top to bottom, left to right

Real(OLD), MegaBlocks, Generic, Newish Bestlock

Real, Real, Real and Real

White is a LEGO plastic that reacts most agressivly to environment, dirt and UV light, explaining colour issues. Also the logos are too sharp on most of them to be fakes.

Hi guys, I have recently bought some parts from a bricklink seller in US, was shocked to discover some rip-off imitation bricks were mixed into the items sent to me under "used brick". Can anyone help me identify which looks genuine?

Top row are what I deem as obvious fake.

On the lower row, some comes with a round protruding ring on the "LEGO" while some doesn't. Anyone can help as I am very helpless in identifying or differentiating the difference

0735f7e0.jpg

Basicly, if the piece has LEGO on it, it is real. If not, fake.

Note to self: don't buy used bricks unless absolutely necessary...

A mixture of LEGO and clone is to be expected. Don't let that keep you from buying used LEGO, you can find some great stuff mixed in. I have.

A mixture of LEGO and clone is to be expected. Don't let that keep you from buying used LEGO, you can find some great stuff mixed in. I have.

I like that top left Lego log, looks pretty cool.

Did you get these from Bricklink?

I check every single brick I get in from used lots.

There seems to always be megablocks mixed in them.

I like that top left Lego log, looks pretty cool.

Did you get these from Bricklink?

I check every single brick I get in from used lots.

There seems to always be megablocks mixed in them.

In the post he says it's from a Bricklink seller in the US.

Personally I've never found any clone brands mixed in from Bricklink (or even eBay) though I have only bought a few lots from either.

Appreciate the kind replies. Learn something new about such antique brick print and on the ring. This ought to be the worst "used purchase" I encountered as some LEGO parts are very dirty with obvious stains as I need to wash and clean up a dozen odd pieces. Will avoid this seller for 1x1 bricks in future.

Once again thank you for the nice replies and useful information.