Sandy

Heroica RPG - Ethereal Letters

Althior,

Oh don't worry, she'll be with me all the time until she's older. I can't get over how cute she is! :wub:

Alexis

"I've got Z-mail."

Alexis,

Please! I'm way cuter! :tongue:

Finnegan

Dear Finnegan,

Why do you serve Althior?

Leo Aragon

Leo,

Huh? Who is this? Is it some whackjob stalker? :tongue:

Finnegan

Dear Olinn,

What is happening in the hall?

Leo

Dear Leo,

Two paladins named Boomingham and Cronk are speaking about the racial tendancies of orcs. It's strange - this Cronk does not appear to be at all like the orcs that I had heard about in so many of my fathers' stories when I was litte. He seems childish, almost - but in a good way.

Also, a heroine named Alexis has recieved a baby phoenix. I must try and communicate with it soon - animals are so much more interesting and easy to talk to (for me, at least) than most other people.

-Olinn.

Edited by Mibbiwocket

Dear Olinn,

Is a hero named Nerwen there?

I have served with Cronk. Childish he seems, but weak he is not.

Leo

Edited by TheBoyWonder

Monk Pretzel has grown weary lying there on the battlefield, unable to pay back that vile Gnorf Raider for slicing him in the leg, when he had been so kind as to offer him a chance to leave his evil ways behind him.

Now, once again, he had nothing to do. Realizing that his last BCC'ed message had not quite had the desired effect on his coffers. He decided to write a new message. How he did that while lying unconcious no one will ever really know, but having 463 or so, years of life behind him it is not altogether improbable that he had formed an invention of some sort that could write his thoughts while he was not really thinking them. Anyway, his not went like this.

Dear _____ (Again he BCC'd it to all the heroes from the hall no matter where they were at the time)

I am sorry that I have not been keeping in contact with you as much as you or I would have wished. There are many precious pearls of wisdom I would love to share with you, but, unfortunately, I have been rather busy on a quest for a man I do not know, but nevermind all that. You will be happy to know that I have fallen unconcious. Why would you be happy to know this sad thing? Well, obviously, the reason you would be happy is because I now have plenty of time to write to you, and, you can count on it that you will receive far more such notes from me in the future. I am delighted to be able to carry out these encouraging words to you, as I know they will lift your heart and, hopefully, your soul too.

Yes, I said "your soul". Once again I am writing you for the burden of your soul has been heavy on my heart. Such a fine man person such as yourself should not be condemned to living in a cruel after life once this life is over, simply on account that I had not asked him for the minimal fee that is required to enter the better world. That is why I write to you this note.

If you accept the offer I am making you, simply press "LIKE" and you will be in for a pleasant surprise*.

Once you do so, you will be surprised how much lighter you feel. Not only in spirit, but also in purse, but never mind all that. Once again, I look forward to receiving you accepting reply (no other will do).

Yours in FAITH,

Monk Pretzel

*Surprise! You just got one gold coin deducted from your account and transferred to that of the kindly, remember that, monk. Consider yourself "saved"...or whatever.

With that Monk Pretzel murmured in his sleep,

"I've got Z-mail and Z-banking."

Arthur is seriously ticked off now. He wraps up the letter and attaches it to the commander of the Elven forces attacking them.

To the Brobric Elf in charge of the seige against Bric'bay Fort:

I know that we are on opposite sides of the battle, but I think you would find the message I have enclosed as distasteful as I do. I have attempted to punish this individual for a similar infraction he committed earlier, but as I am still of a relatively low Level it does not seem to have had the intended effect. I invite you to deal with him however you wish, and lest you simply ignore this letter, I remind you that, should he remain unchecked, it shall only be a matter of time before he realizes he can send insulting messages like these to NPCs your people as well. Use this information as you wish.

Regards,

-AJR7

"I've got A-mail." *poof*

Meanwhile, he addresses a direct reply to Pretzel.

Dear Monk,

An equivalent return for what you have sent me. Bear it in mind next time you think to address one of those messages to me.

-Arthur Justus Regulus VIII

Arthur attaches a small bucket of the *ahem* special ammunition for the catapult.

Finnegan,

You? Cute? You wish.

Alexis

Alexis,

Ha! You're one to talk! Maybe you should get a drink with Namyyra! She's on your cuteness lev- Wiat, what are you doing Althior? Ah!!! :sing:

Finnegan.

Alexis,

Sorry about that, I just threw Finnegan into the river, But I think he might have pulled the pin on the grenade I accidently threw in there before. :look: Wait! Ah, there he goes, flying over the fort inside of it. :grin: Does that count for hitting him for making me drink Dragon's blood? :laugh:

Althior.

"I've got Z-mail,"

Alexis,

Ha! You're one to talk! Maybe you should get a drink with Namyyra! She's on your cuteness lev- Wiat, what are you doing Althior? Ah!!! :sing:

Finnegan.

Alexis,

Sorry about that, I just threw Finnegan into the river, But I think he might have pulled the pin on the grenade I accidentally threw in there before. :look: Wait! Ah, there he goes, flying over the fort inside of it. :grin: Does that count for hitting him for making me drink Dragon's blood? :laugh:

Althior.

"I've got Z-mail,"

Althior,

He is crazy. Yes I would say that it does count. Have you met Nyx?

Alexis

"I've got Z-mail."

Althior,

He is crazy. Yes I would say that it does count. Have you met Nyx?

Alexis

Alexis,

Nyx? Yeah, she was the party leader on my first quest. How do you know her?

Althior

"I've got Z-mail!"

Dak reads the letter from Monk Pretzel, and decides to write one back.

To Pretzel (Or whomever this may concern),

I hope this letter finds you well and happy with whatever other people are sending you. I have included, for your viewing and tasting pleasure, a selection of coffee.

The coffee is Explosive Runes brand.

OOC: Burned!

Alexis,

Nyx? Yeah, she was the party leader on my first quest. How do you know her?

Althior

"I've got Z-mail!"

Althior,

I do not know her. I was reading about her after she came in the hall today. I must have missed that she led your first quest. :grin:

Alexis.

"I've got Z-mail."

I know that we are on opposite sides of the battle, but I think you would find the message I have enclosed as distasteful as I do. I have attempted to punish this individual for a similar infraction he committed earlier, but as I am still of a relatively low Level it does not seem to have had the intended effect. I invite you to deal with him however you wish, and lest you simply ignore this letter, I remind you that, should he remain unchecked, it shall only be a matter of time before he realizes he can send insulting messages like these to NPCs your people as well. Use this information as you wish.

Regards,

-AJR7

AJR7,

Do you really think my Lord would be stupid enough to send you a letter that would have to bear his name and come with a PNG image of his face? That would totally ruin his dramatic reveal during the final wave at the end of the Quest. And that would make him MegaBlokin' mad, especially after all the Gold he spend for a world-famous composer to write up his personal score to be played during the dramatic revelation.

Unnamed Brobric Elf #94

Somewhat Dearly Beloved Third-in-Command, Fan Mail Division

Althior,

I do not know her. I was reading about her after she came in the hall today. I must have missed that she led your first quest. :grin:

Alexis.

Alexis,

Eh, that's fine. I kind of forgot about it too. :laugh: So how's life at the hall? Anyone interesting there?

Althior

"I've got Z-mail,"

Alexis,

Eh, that's fine. I kind of forgot about it too. :laugh: So how's life at the hall? Anyone interesting there?

Althior

"I've got Z-mail,"

Althior,

You should really be nicer to people. It's pretty good, there aren't too many quests on the board so I'll probably be here a while. There may be some new people around but I think they've gone out on a quest.

Alexis

"I've got Z-mail."

Althior,

You should really be nicer to people. It's pretty good, there aren't too many quests on the board so I'll probably be here a while. There may be some new people around but I think they've gone out on a quest.

Alexis

Alexis,

What did I do? :wacko: There'll probably be a new quest up soon with someone as genius as me. It'll probably be pretty great. :innocent::grin:

Althior

"I've got Z-mail,"

Alexis,

What did I do? :wacko: There'll probably be a new quest up soon with someone as genius as me. It'll probably be pretty great. :innocent::grin:

Althior

"I've got Z-mail,"

Althior,

Forget about Nyx. Get off your horse! :laugh: Sorry I couldn't resist. But I would like to quest with you at some point.

Alexis

"I've got Z-mail."

Althior,

Forget about Nyx. Get off your horse! :laugh: Sorry I couldn't resist. But I would like to quest with you at some point.

Alexis

Alexis,

You do remember Quest #5, right? :laugh:

Althior

"I've got Z-mail."

Alexis,

You do remember Quest #5, right? :laugh:

Althior

"I've got Z-mail."

Althior,

Of course I remember five! I was on it!

Alexis

"I've got Z-mail."

Arthur is seriously ticked off now. He wraps up the letter and attaches it to the commander of the Elven forces attacking them.

Regards,

-AJR7

Meanwhile, he addresses a direct reply to Pretzel.

Dear Monk,

An equivalent return for what you have sent me. Bear it in mind next time you think to address one of those messages to me.

-Arthur Justus Regulus VIII

Arthur attaches a small bucket of the *ahem* special ammunition for the catapult.

Senor Arthur Justus Regulus VIII,

This is an automatically generated response.

We are sorry to inform you that your mail has permanently failed in its delivery. This is not a delay, we are sorry to inform you. Kindly check that the recipients name can be found on the list of Heroes at the Hall of Heroica. Make sure you wrote the name correctly. We cannot be held responsible for any undelivered mail that has been wrongly posted. If this problem persists, contact your Father in the Lord directly. Good day to you!

Since this is an auto-generated response we need not sign out in the customary: "I've got Z-mail..."

Edited by palathadric

Dear Alexis Fenrai,

This is not Leo Aragon. I am writing this in hopes of buying an artifact from you. Would you part with your QuickDraw Quiver for 50-70 gold? I am in most dire need of an artifact to enhance my archery.

Harkenshire.

"I've got ZMail!"

Dear Alexis Fenrai,

This is not Leo Aragon. I am writing this in hopes of buying an artifact from you. Would you part with your QuickDraw Quiver for 50-70 gold? I am in most dire need of an artifact to enhance my archery.

Harkenshire.

"I've got ZMail!"

Harkenshire,

Sorry, I would really like to hold onto my quiver. It's rather a souvenir from a quest.

Alexis

"I've got Z-mail."

Dak reads the letter from Monk Pretzel, and decides to write one back.

To Pretzel (Or whomever this may concern),

I hope this letter finds you well and happy with whatever other people are sending you. I have included, for your viewing and tasting pleasure, a selection of coffee.

The coffee is Explosive Runes brand.

OOC: Burned!

Virus detected. Your message cannot be sent because there was a virus detected in it. It has been immediately returned to the sender. If you are not the sender then please forward it to the sender, if you do happen to know the person. This is a confidential matter and viruses are not meant to be shared. Please do not share the contents of this message with anyone else. It may contain soft(or hard, of course)ware. Proceed with caution. Warning! Warning! This is not a drill. This is...Z-mail.

Monk Pretzel was glad for the auto-response system he had invented and setup for his Z-mail "account". It had aided him significantly in reducing needless mails from his inbox. It had many built-in features that were handy, especially whilst he was in the thick of the frey and could not reply to mail directly or immediately.

"With this system in place, it won't be long before the gold begins rolling and the coffers exploding," he thought smugly.