On a scale 1 to 5  

71 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

I asked a friend to try putting the Gorilla Suit Guy's head piece on a Friends figure. Loved the result. :devil:

I have to say that so far I am impressed with the Friends line.

It looks to me that TLG has done its homework and have kept the integrity of the lego system whilst also creating something that girls will want to pay with.

Overall I am impressed with many of the new parts...particularly like some of the small details such as the butterflies, new floweres, etc...and always interested in new colours.

I also want to express thanks for a great review format and style...very professional and thorough.

I will have to put this set on my wanted list and look forward to reading more.

I think the bird is the ugliest Lego fig I ever saw. But set is pretty nice, great coloursheme and so many bugs/flowers make this set very interesting!

My girlfriend (we're 29 years old), who doesn't have much of a Lego interest in general, flipped out when she saw the Friends sets. She had to have them! We bought this treehouse set and the workshop/lab/classroom set. This one was great. From a parts perspective, I like the nice alternative colors. The best thing though are all the little parts that can go on flower stems. There are 2 or 3 types of flower buds and also these little red stud pieces in the shape of beetles. This is also one of those types of sets that catch my eye for landscaping parts, in this case the brown arches and leaf parts.

I think TLG may have a winner here. The previous girly line looked a bit weird, but this theme feels more like the true spirit of Lego to me. If I had a daughter, I would totally push these on her. :wink:

Funny quote from my girlfriend: "These sets are way better than yours, where it's just like one dude stabbing another dude underwater." :sick:

I may actually get this set for myself and parts swap the pinks and lavenders for more wood-tone colors. It would go great with the Creator houses. Frankly, save for the colors this looks like a set that could work in the City forest sub-theme. I mean, what little boy doesn't wish for a cool tree house to play in.

Edited by sharky

This set looks wonderful from your fantastic review! Treehouses appeal to everyone, so count me in! Love all the new pieces and colors, too.

Always looking for something to add to my Creator houses and MOC pastel houses. And the fact that guys can easily change a few colors here and there is great.

It does not matter whether you are buying this for a young girl or for the parts; sales are sales to TLG. And maybe this will keep them expanding the Friends line so we can fill up the Heartland City map with cool creations!

It is nice to hear so many AFOLs lamenting the lovely Paradisa sets....they were my favorites in the 90's when our sons were just getting into Lego. I still have many of them and wish they had made larger ones with more buildable houses and stores. Maybe Friends will fill that void! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I didn't intend to buy these sets until they went on sale, but this one I had to have. (And the cafe is a must too after seeing a review, and maybe once I read one of the beauty parlor....) I can see this line may be hard on my purse.