XimenaPaulina

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Season 4 Discussion

As nice as that would be (finally, LEGO Dreadnoughts!) the issue would be with Lucas bringing in Expanded Universe elements and using them in a way that fans would be happy with. Lucas has pretty much done all he can to Mandalorians and Grievous; I would prefer that Thrawn and C'Baoth remain untouched.

Good point. Scratch that, they need a Clone Wars novel writer to do this. Somehow I get the feeling that all the older classic writers wouldn't do so well with a show where we want them to stay inside the lines of previous stories. They have always invented characters and ventured into unknown territory with their stories, mostly because back when the Thrawn Trilogy was written there weren't many other stories. We need a writer who can write realistic CW without making up tons of new stuff. They never should've contradicted Karen Traviss's novels and got her mad enough to stop writing. She could've written one awesome CW season.

And the season before?

Heck, we even said that about the movie back in '07.

Heck, we even said that about the movie back in '07.

But see, the movie was okay, IMO. There were no incredibly irratating confilcting issues with canon, some of the jokes acrually got a snicker from me, and the battles were pretty incredible and 'new.' Even Season 1 was okay- it seems liek Season 2 is when they started going off the deep end. Slowly. Like in Inception.

Edited by The Legonater

I think that George Lucas started TCW as a way to tell the story of the Clone Wars, but now he is using it as a way to explain other things that he had not been able to explain before. Take a look at the Mortis trilogy. Some of the ideas in those episodes Lucas had had from the start. There was an article on it on SW.com (I can't find it now, it was a while back). I don't think he wanted to change the fan's perception of the force with these episodes, he just wanted to show how much of an impact Anakin being the Chosen one has on the force. He used the whole Father, Son, Daughter thing as a metaphor to explain what he wanted too. As for all those political episodes, I like them. I think that they make the whole war seem more real. With a balance of action and political stuff it makes the war seem more believable to me. I mean, there is no war (well, recent war) that isn't over politics.

I think that George Lucas started TCW as a way to tell the story of the Clone Wars, but now he is using it as a way to explain other things that he had not been able to explain before. Take a look at the Mortis trilogy. Some of the ideas in those episodes Lucas had had from the start. There was an article on it on SW.com (I can't find it now, it was a while back). I don't think he wanted to change the fan's perception of the force with these episodes, he just wanted to show how much of an impact Anakin being the Chosen one has on the force. He used the whole Father, Son, Daughter thing as a metaphor to explain what he wanted too.

Yeah, I can understand that, but the thing is, Star Wars is not in the conceptual stage anymore and you can't just add in new concepts. (and it's been that way for over a decade now, since Menace came out and set the basic mechanics of the Jedi and the Force) If Lucas wanted to show how uber-powerful the Chosen One was, he should've done it during the PT. Or even the OT. Heck, if Vader never lost a single battle, say, he beat up on Luke big time in Jedi and then turned good again, then this wouldn't be so much of a problem. With the Mortis thing, as far as Anakin is concerned we're going back to the all-powerful Force manipulation that was a big problem with the '03 series. And the Force is being redefined at the same time. Because in order to show that Chosen One power, now they have to create equals for the Chosen One to battle. So now we don't have the Chosen One. We have the Chosen Four.

And the Force is being redefined at the same time. Because in order to show that Chosen One power, now they have to create equals for the Chosen One to battle. So now we don't have the Chosen One. We have the Chosen Four.

Unless they do soemthing like the Yuuzun Vong- a powerfull race that even Jedi have trouble with. But tCW would probably do a terrible job with that.

Unless they do soemthing like the Yuuzun Vong- a powerfull race that even Jedi have trouble with. But tCW would probably do a terrible job with that.

And the Vong have a logical explanation in that the Force cut them off. That in turn can be explained by the existing Living Force concept from Menace. They didn't invent anything new in the Force, just expanded on it. And being from a different galaxy helps, too.

They can't bring the Yuzzanh Vong into TCW because (correct me if I'm wrong), the Vong had never been seen in the galaxy befroe the books they were in. If the Yuzzahn Vong appeared like thirty years earlier, it would screw up a lot of the EU stuff, which I believe is not really the goal of the writers for TCW. As for the idea that there is a Chosen Four, as Brickdocter mentioned, this is not true. The Father, Son, and Daughter were not Force-sensitives, but more human forms of the force. The Daughter was the light side, the Son the dark, and the Father created balance between the two. I don't look at these three characters as real people but metaphorical symbols for Anakin so he can realize his true purpose. With the death of the Father, it makes Anakin have to see that without balance, the force and the whole galaxy will tilt to one side. He must learn that his choices do not only affect him but the whole galaxy. And then skip ahead like a year and you've got Vader and the Empire (although Sidious mostly did that, so it inda punches a bit of a hole in this whole thing :sceptic: ).

They can't bring the Yuzzanh Vong into TCW because (correct me if I'm wrong), the Vong had never been seen in the galaxy befroe the books they were in. If the Yuzzahn Vong appeared like thirty years earlier, it would screw up a lot of the EU stuff, which I believe is not really the goal of the writers for TCW. As for the idea that there is a Chosen Four, as Brickdocter mentioned, this is not true. The Father, Son, and Daughter were not Force-sensitives, but more human forms of the force. The Daughter was the light side, the Son the dark, and the Father created balance between the two. I don't look at these three characters as real people but metaphorical symbols for Anakin so he can realize his true purpose. With the death of the Father, it makes Anakin have to see that without balance, the force and the whole galaxy will tilt to one side. He must learn that his choices do not only affect him but the whole galaxy. And then skip ahead like a year and you've got Vader and the Empire (although Sidious mostly did that, so it inda punches a bit of a hole in this whole thing :sceptic: ).

Firstly Legonater didn't suggest bringing the Vong into CW. He said like the Vong.

Secondly, I didn't mean that they were humans who were just like Anakin when I said Chosen Four. I meant that they all have equal or similar powers. The whole problem with that arc is that there is too much power involved. An irrealistic amount of power. What I meant by the term 'Chosen Four' is that in order to show off the powers of the Chosen One, they created three more beings with powers equal to him. So now instead of one guy who's slightly more powerful, we have four beings who are immensely powerful.

They can't bring the Yuzzanh Vong into TCW because (correct me if I'm wrong), the Vong had never been seen in the galaxy befroe the books they were in. If the Yuzzahn Vong appeared like thirty years earlier, it would screw up a lot of the EU stuff, which I believe is not really the goal of the writers for TCW.

I know, that's why I said something like the Vong. And are you sure they don't want to mess of EU? They do it often enough....

Firstly Legonater didn't suggest bringing the Vong into CW. He said like the Vong.

Secondly, I didn't mean that they were humans who were just like Anakin when I said Chosen Four. I meant that they all have equal or similar powers. The whole problem with that arc is that there is too much power involved. An irrealistic amount of power. What I meant by the term 'Chosen Four' is that in order to show off the powers of the Chosen One, they created three more beings with powers equal to him. So now instead of one guy who's slightly more powerful, we have four beings who are immensely powerful.

Yes, but the beings are not people, but they ARE the force. They are just there to show how Anakin has the power to manipulate the force and bring it to balance. They can't be in the galaxy because they aren't really part of it. It was like a separate universe to which Anakin traveled so he could get insight into his fate. The beings didn't really exist, unless only in a dream.

Season 4? Man I need to finish the third season then! :laugh:

Seems like some good stuff in the new season. But yeah Im not getting my hopes up cause as you guys said we have been expecting high since the second season. :sceptic:

Yes, but the beings are not people, but they ARE the force. They are just there to show how Anakin has the power to manipulate the force and bring it to balance. They can't be in the galaxy because they aren't really part of it. It was like a separate universe to which Anakin traveled so he could get insight into his fate. The beings didn't really exist, unless only in a dream.

That sorta makes sense, but why all the magic-like stuff? I suppose you could attribute the whole thing to the way the Force itself decided to make its purposes known, and then call the whole thing a vision. But in that case it seems kinda like a waste to keep it going. The only purpose I can see this accomplishing is to affirm that Anakin is the Chosen One, but then there's no need to go beyond the first trilogy.

That sorta makes sense, but why all the magic-like stuff? I suppose you could attribute the whole thing to the way the Force itself decided to make its purposes known, and then call the whole thing a vision. But in that case it seems kinda like a waste to keep it going. The only purpose I can see this accomplishing is to affirm that Anakin is the Chosen One, but then there's no need to go beyond the first trilogy.

Wait, are you under the impression that Mortis is to be revisited in Season 4? If so, I seriously doubt it. All three beings are dead, and they kinda finished it when they did. The only things that need to be revisited from Season 3 in Season 4 are Oppress and Ventress.

Wait, are you under the impression that Mortis is to be revisited in Season 4? If so, I seriously doubt it. All three beings are dead, and they kinda finished it when they did. The only things that need to be revisited from Season 3 in Season 4 are Oppress and Ventress.

Well, Filoni did say he would...

Well, Filoni did say he would...

Oh, I must have missed that... Where did he state this?

In the interview that was linked to somewhere in the past pages.

What Filoni said was.

We will NOT be seeing young Han Solo. I’m not into that. I like meeting Han in the Cantina in Episode IV. As for the Mortis Trilogy – it is a beginning, not an ending.

Basically what he's saying does not actually mean we will see Mortis again, what he is refferring to is that we will get episodes like Mortis but not necessarily on Mortis (ie. Just showing Anakin's powers as the chosen one).

I for one hope that series 4 remakes and expands the last few chapters of Clone Wars into a extended storyline with depth (Unlike 2003) and watchable animation (Unlike 2003).

I just hope this doesn't mean the show's nearing it's end.

Don't worry. They've already finished 100+ episodes so even if they stop now there could be at least a Season 6.

Man, that must be one hell of a nerf for Grievous. I really hope that at least isn't Jar-Jar.

It looks like we're into Phase II armor. I'm not too sold on how it looks, though... take a look at Rex hiding behind the box. Weird. His elbow pads now fail to cover his elbows and his thigh armor now fails to cover his thigh. Huh. :wacko: Although it's too hard to tell even in the starwars.com version. They really need to start uploading higher-quality videos.

The reason the armor is like that is because it's aquatic armor... and I doubt that is Rex, he looks bald and just because he has blue markings doesn't mean that's who it is. Although Rex is with Ahsoka generally (no pun intended), so is the 501st.

What Filoni said was.

Basically what he's saying does not actually mean we will see Mortis again, what he is refferring to is that we will get episodes like Mortis but not necessarily on Mortis (ie. Just showing Anakin's powers as the chosen one).

Force-cast listener? :thumbup:

I for one hope that series 4 remakes and expands the last few chapters of Clone Wars into a extended storyline with depth (Unlike 2003) and watchable animation (Unlike 2003).

Woah woah woah, you dissin' the 03 Series?

Woah woah woah, you dissin' the 03 Series?

No no the whole series just the: rubbish animation, bad story's with no depth, Durge, Anakin of no personality, jousting, stupid bear people turned into sumo's. There was probably some good bits in it somewhere :laugh:.

Durge was awesome. Especially compared to Cad Bane.

*huh* What!! Cad bane would eat Durge :devil:.

Bane is a believable character, Durge is a magic playdough man.

2003 tops 2008 in no way what so ever (Except the ARC troopers who act like real special forces not like red shirts :laugh:).

Edited by Mr Man

There was probably some good bits in it somewhere :laugh:.

Muunilinst, Fordo, V-19s, Ginivex, Asajj Ventress, Grievous, Eta-2s, Providence carriers, Octuptarra Tri-droids, Battle of Coruscant, Outer Rim Sieges, Nelvaanians? :wink:

Anyway, we should stop before KielDaMan and brickartist show up.

Anyway, we should stop before KielDaMan and brickartist show up.

OK back on topic ,the new series looks great, finaly phase two clones :wub:.

V-19s, Ginivex, Asajj Ventress, Grievous, Eta-2s, Providence carriers, Octuptarra Tri-droids All aperaed in 2008 much better than in 2003 (i.e. they looked alost real not like a 3 year old had drawn them :wink:.