Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

I sure hope they do with POTC what they did with Indiana Jones; release sets from the previous movies as well as from the new one. Just imagine the Black Pearl from the first movie with a crew of undead skeletons (possibly in a new tan or bley color! :pir-wub:

There's gonna be tons of new accessories as well, just look at the POP series and all the custom molds, and new colors that were introduced for it!Since it is pretty much replacing both pirates and POP, I can't wait to see the sheer splendor of these sets! :pirate:

Edited by Sirens-Of-Titan

Mhh. I'm not really overwhelmed by these news. The movies, especially the first one, were enjoyable to a point.

LEGO-wise I hope for the first ever chinese straight swords in this line, however this will only happen if they do POTC3 sets and think of arming Ms. Knightley's character appropriately. That is everything I wish for in the long term. Everything else is going to be passed up shelf space to me.

im guessing we'll see a set similar to Prince Of Persia's hassassin hideout with jack sparrow, those 2 red coat soldiers, a little dock and possibly a boat

I'm so excited about this theme. My mum is an AFOL too, but only collects the minifigs and gives the rest of the bricks to me. She also loves Pirates of the Carribean (especially Johnny Depp). With a bit of luck I'm going to make out like a pirate here :pir-tongue:

I am very impatient to see two rather underestimated characters - the Commodore and Barbossa - the latter representing my ideal for a pirate captain (Jack Sparrow is too dotty for me).

I for one am ecstatic about POTC being made into Lego .The possibility opf getting a Black Pearl and other ships from the movies is just too exciting. That Sparrow fig we've seen looks great!

As far as I have been told in Billund last week, we won't have the Black Pearl. But we'll have a big ship from the new movie.

Edited by marcosbessa

As far as I have been told in Billund last week, we won't have the Black Pearl. But we'll have a big ship from the new movie.

Ye, i should visit in Billund sometime but oh well.. :pir-blush: Hmmm. a big ship eh? And we dont know what it is :pir-cry_sad: But i hope really give us the Inteceptor

Captain Becker

But i hope really give us the Inteceptor

Captain Becker

So do I. I don't really like the Black Pearl- it's an ugly ship, and I really don't want to see a lego ship made out of almost all black parts. :pir-sick:

I'd much prefer the Interceptor. It's more colorful, plus I can modify it to the Lady Washington, which is the real ship that they used for the Interceptor.

But if it's from the new movie, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be a good one.

I can't be the only one thinking... meh.

Just not impressed and/or interested-- anyone else hoping this whole "POTC" experiment resolves itself quickly, so we can get our Pirates back again???

Just not impressed and/or interested-- anyone else hoping this whole "POTC" experiment resolves itself quickly, so we can get our Pirates back again???

Well, if they give us some good sets, then maby not, but if they dont, i will wait that. Why Lego had to go and canceled Pirates line.. But if there is the Inteceptor (Its truly a beatiful ship and i like the sloops and small ships more than big ones :pir-classic: ) Im gonna buy about... 3-5-6 or i dunnno, depens its prize in Finland (Lego is kinda expensive in here :pir_bawling: )

Captain Becker

It will be Queen Anne's Revenge if they make one big set then because that is the ship in the new movie. Anyway they will make all the other ships because Disney is like a giant cow that produces money and they are gonna milk this theme for all they got like the Toy Story sets, also the Pirate fans will buy these sets and Disney fans will, not to mention how famous the Black Pearl is, How can they not make the other ships?

Edited by halfpenguinhalflego

It will be Queen Anne's Revenge if they make one big set then because that is the ship in the new movie.

Sorry but i have to disagree whit you absolutly. Queen Annes Revenge? HAH! Never, i just dont belive at thats gonna happen. But if it is a ship and its not HMS Inteceptor (Lego, i curse you for this!)and not Flying ducthman... there is only two optionss, 1) As i have afraided its the Black Pearl or 2) Its a new ship wich mostly isnt the famous pirates Edward teach`s flagship Queen Annes Revenge. But if im wrong... you can dip me tar and feather. Or if you dont.. i will, ill promise that. And maby (NOTE: Maby Gonna turn my coat and join in Bluecoats.. But i dont promise anything)

Captain Becker

EDIT: halfapenquin, where did you even heard about that????

Edited by Captain Becker

EDIT: halfapenquin, where did you even heard about that????

I found it out here and a few other websites, and if it is Queen Anne's Revenge don't hang up your coat! We are both Redcoats here. :pir-grin:

That aint even close at Queen Annes Renvege, thats just so ugly at i can hang up my coat right away :pir_laugh2: Now i belive even more at that ugly isnt gonna be in the movie and its not gonna be Queen Annes Revenge... Thats not even close for the real QAR, ánd remember when Barbossa tooked Ja`ck`s Pearl and Jack got after him whit a tiny little boat? Well, i have heard at Barbossa and Jack will meet each others again.. But these are rumors too, We will see in 2011 and thats too far away :hmpf_bad::pir-look:

Captain Becker

If the Queen Annes Renvenge featurse prominently in the upcoming movie it seems logical to produce a set based on the ship.

I heard that it has something to do with zombies,mermaids,Blackbeard,the fountain of youth and Barbossa on an official video. Sorry about bad quality though.

Edited by halfpenguinhalflego

I demand we get Yellowcoats at Whitecoats from POTC! So we can form a new faction to go against the Blues and Reds!

Keep on demanding, brother. Hope that works out for you... :pirate_skel1:

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Hear, hear.

If we use Indiana Jones as a model, POTC Lego is only going to have about 17 sets over two years. The two franchises are similar in many ways - they're both classic trilogies revived by a fourth film. They're both well enjoyed, but not at the level of Star Wars where fans are compulsively going to acquire every piece of merchandise related to it. I don't see why they will continue the POTC range longer than the Indiana Jones range, unless a fifth POTC movie follows three years or less after the fourth.

But then, why would they revive Classic pirates so soon after the 2009 revival and then the POTC range? They haven't revived Adventurers after Indiana Jones. I imagine Classic pirates won't be revived for a long time, unfortunately.

I think the only way to enjoy Lego Pirates for the next few years will be to learn to enjoy POTC Lego. I'm open to it, but I want to cut down how much money I spend on Lego from now on, so the range will have to be very impressive for me to invest any money in it. One main thing is that they focus more on the world in which the Pirates live in, and less on particular scenes. This doesn't seem very likely given Lego's approach to licensed themes, so I think my wallet is safe.

When are we likely to see the first pictures? Early October?

1. Unless a fifth POTC movie follows three years or less after the fourth.

2. I imagine Classic pirates won't be revived for a long time, unfortunately.

3. When are we likely to see the first pictures? Early October?

1. I guess the 4th movie will be the last and there isnt any 5th movie, it would be quite a madness if they will make a 5th one.

2. Yes you are totally right, i afraid at pirates will be back in about 6 or 10 years at least :pir-cry_sad: But luckily they give us the POTC theme at the pain isnt so hard. :pir_laugh2:

3. First pics about the POTC sets? Maby early October yes, but maby (Wich i truly afraid) never.

Captain Becker

It's a shame, really... My name, my avatar, everything seems to point to me as a Pirates fan. But I find myself spending most of my time in the Town theme, and I put the blame on Lego for that...

Maybe 'Elijah Timms' would be an okay name for a Fireman... :pir_bawling: