Yatkuu

[MOC] A New Hope - Making history

I love it! Such an interesting creation that has never been thought of. Being a fan of the movies, it's just great to see a new side. The flow of action feels so good and I love some of the different areas. The Chewie head/torso resting off to one side as well as C-3P0's head resting on a table is both a human moment and funny at the same time.

The new microphone piece works really well as greebling on the Death Star and I love the tiny fighters. I like to think of myself as a Lego purist but this creation was so nice that it gets a definite pass any day! Thanks so much for sharing.

I've wanted to do some Star Wars behind-the-scenes MOCs for quite some time, myself. I'm a bit surprised to see so many others saying they hadn't thought of them before; I thought they'd been done a lot, but now that I think about it I don't really remember seeing many (any?) posted before (wow, could this really be the first one posted here?)...

We could start a new theme? Or this could also be an nice contest idea...

I think this is meant more as a artistic interpretation rather than an attempt to accurately recreate a specific day of shooting (though interestingly, Mark Hamill did visit the ILM facilities and check out the effects miniatures).

You're absolutely right, I did not mean to mimic an actual shooting scene.. at first I only built the "Death Star" shooting part but then I thought the whole scene was a little empty and needed more life.

In what concern the little debate around which film is the best, I believe we are all entitled to have our own preferences... but I don't think we can deny the fact that the first 1 had the biggest impact. Yesterday I was looking at the bonus featurettes of the first trilogy DVD boxset, it's interesting to see how Peter Jackson, Steven Spielberg, James Cameron (and more)... are all unanimous on the influence this film had on their careers. This is where it all started...

Wow, that is pretty neat. The clothing rack is what I noticed first. :thumbup:

You have so many movie making stuff, filming some models, actors lounge, all of it is really good.

Dont be silly ATOTC was the best of them all. (followd by ROTJ):wink:

Whadayamean? Clone Wars was far and away the greatest of them all. How could you not know that?

not

I thought it was the phantom menace :grin:

Whadayamean? Clone Wars was far and away the greatest of them all. How could you not know that?

not

I was been serious I really like ATOTC and can't see what everyone hates about it, but don't talk to me about PM (IMO CW does not count as a film and is just a glorified episode)

I was been serious I really like ATOTC and can't see what everyone hates about it,

Every scene with Padme and Anakin alone is a good start. But this topic isn't about AotC. It's about Yatkuu's wonderful MOC.

And it is a wonderfully imagined and well executed MOC. The rack with the costumes on it is very clever, and I would never have thought of it. Details like Anthony Daniels taking a drink really help sell this scene.

While I wouldn't mind seeing more MOCs similar to this, I can't help but feel that anything else will seem like a copy, and not quite original, no matter how well done.

I really like your idea of making a moc out of the filming itself.

In search of the ultra rare "george Lucas" figure someone mentioned earlier in this tread i found out that Lego itself did this a couple of years ago.

Like we keep telling ourselves at our home "everything has been done before, only not by us"

Lego Tatooine display -- Mall of Americas -- Featuring dead bodies of Owen and Beru

cheers

Stanley

In search of the ultra rare "george Lucas" figure someone mentioned earlier in this tread i found out that Lego itself did this a couple of years ago.

Like we keep telling ourselves at our home "everything has been done before, only not by us"

Lego Tatooine display -- Mall of Americas -- Featuring dead bodies of Owen and Beru

Thank you for sharing Stanley! Yes, your quote is very true!

One thing I like about taking the "filming" perspective in a MOC is that you can actually cheat a little and you don't have to build a complete scene, you only need to create what is visible to the camera in a way. It gives the opportunity to people with a modest Lego collection to build epic scenes with fewer bricks.

Really cool MOC Yatkuu! :thumbup:

Love the mini Death Star scene, with the lighting all around. :thumbup:

Also the place where the actors are getting ready was cool. :sweet:

Keep it up!

CF

Awesome scene! I love every section. The mini diorama is very accurate to real life, the lounge, with the headless C3PO actor, and the make up section is just cool :thumbup: