Pugsly

Review:7595 Army Men on Patrol

Just FYI for anybody who hasn't noticed: The rifles in this set are different from the rifles in the pirates line. Unlike the pirates' rifles, which look closer to a traditional rifle, these have a grip, which makes them look like an assault rifle without a mag clip.

Just FYI for anybody who hasn't noticed: The rifles in this set are different from the rifles in the pirates line. Unlike the pirates' rifles, which look closer to a traditional rifle, these have a grip, which makes them look like an assault rifle without a mag clip.

I think that's fine, a new mold is always appreciated, plus I don't think they need to resemble the pirates line, they are from a different era.

I think that's fine, a new mold is always appreciated, plus I don't think they need to resemble the pirates line, they are from a different era.

Is it even a new mold? From the pics I think it's the same type as has been used in Adventurers, Wild West, and Indiana Jones. Pirates has never used that same rifle, instead using a type that more resembles an old-fashioned musket.

Correct. For the original Pirates line, LEGO made the musket. But for Wild West, the musket and its small counterpart would not have looked right, so they created the rifle and pistol of which the rifle appears in green in this set. The only other type of gun LEGO makes is the early twentieth century style machine guns in the Batman and a few Indiana Jones sets (though the mold and plastic type is a little different between Batman and IJ). I don't count the Agents guns since those were a fire nozzle, before LEGO decided to switch back to the older nozzle this year.

The only set I've got this year, 7595 Army Men on Patrol is I think a good set. I got some yellow hands and changed my soldiers into more LEGO-Standard soldiers the day I got the set.