M_longer,

Thanks so much for posting your picture. :thumbup: :thumbup: You confirmed where I should route the PF wires from the front chassis. I hoping the 2 x 2 brick used to 'anchor' the PF LEDs wiring will fit either under the XL motor or next to it on one of the yellow frames that has a great space, left over for such a purpose? ( I need to avoid the worm gear used to steer this ) :wink:

Edited by ritztoys

M_longer,

Thanks so much for posting your picture. :thumbup: :thumbup: You confirmed where I should route the PF wires front the front chassis. I hoping the 2 x 2 brick used to 'anchor' the PF LEDs wiring will fit either under the XL motor or next to it on one of the yellow frames that has a great space, left over for such a purpose? ( I need to avoid the worm gear used to steer this ) :wink:

Yeah, the biggest problem with this model is its age. It was built in 2009 and I was sure that it will be disassembled few days after publishing its pictures, so I did not payed attention where every element was placed. But we have 2014 and it is still intact. EXCEPT those missing LED lights, which are currently in my blue Kenworth W900 (which also should be disassembled long time ago...)

I am just too lazy to take them apart :D

Edited by M_longer

Oh my, I wouldn't call it lazy. I think the better answer would be an excuse to 'leave assembled', because models like this should never be taken apart. :wink: I know sometimes that special part is in there somewhere, but can I wait instead of dis-assembling a great model?

I'm going to assume that the space left over on the yellow frame where two black tech bricks have a space between them, is where I'll use for the 'anchor' brick of the LED lights. This area sets right next to the worm gear for steering and under the XL motor. The good thing about this spot, there is room for this 'anchor' to not rub on anything. :grin:

The picture you provided is a big help as I said earlier. One thing I noticed is the routing of the "headlights" end of the LED. The wires go through an area ( on my model per instructions ) that is completely closed off because of two 1 x 4 plates on top of a 1 x 4 tech brick that has the bucket gear train in the center hole. This can't be changed, but eliminating one of the 1 x 4 plates with a 1 x 2 plate 'centered', will provide just enough space for the LED wiring to pass through the chassis as you have done on your model.

This suggested change is on Page 19 sub-step 22. This is where the 1 x 2 should be placed instead of the two 1 x 4 plates. The tech bricks will still have support for the whole structure, with a hole on either side of this area for wires.

Well, here I go again tearing down, :sceptic: only to enjoy putting it back together. But this time the wires are almost hidden.................a good thing. :laugh:

Using the created space..........my suggestion would be to install the PF LED light wires during Page 18 Sub step 20, placing the wires between this assembly and the top of the 'M' motor.

btw..........the M motor in the main chassis is a real "bear" to install, without talking to yourself! :devil:

EDIT: suggested placement of wires

Edited by ritztoys

Fellow Builders,

Here's a photo of what I was talking about in my earlier posts.............

640x853.jpg

I hope this helps all, you can see where the wires pass through my suggested space. Keep in mind to keep the wires away from the bucket gear-train. :wink: I've built a model in a similar situation and didn't pay any attention how close wires were near a gear-train and when the model was finished, heard the click, click, click of wires rubbing on gears. :devil:

Blakbird and Eric Albrecht,

You guys along with M_longer have released one of the best models built in Model Team style, IMHO. :thumbup: :thumbup: I usually build in technic style, but this takes me back to when I started building many years ago. I never thought building with bricks and plates could look so good, and it's PF controlled! :sweet:

If you gentlemen bring back an older MOC that looks this good, count me in on building that too. :grin:

This model will go along very well with my models of Jennifer Clarks' and Han Crielaard creations, in fact they will all be displayed and demonstrated in this years show, Brickworld Indy in early March.

Thank-you very much for bringing these to the public, so everyone can build one. :laugh:

This model will go along very well with my models of Jennifer Clarks' and Han Crielaard creations, in fact they will all be displayed and demonstrated in this years show, Brickworld Indy in early March.

Great that you are showing "our" models at this event, I am honored!!! :blush: I know you bring mine as well (cause you told me so), you'll have an amazing display, that is for sure...!!! :thumbup:

Nice to see you are such a big fan of these models! You are really supporting us as designers/builders of these MOCs...thanks... :wink:

Great that you are showing "our" models at this event, I am honored!!! :blush: I know you bring mine as well (cause you told me so), you'll have an amazing display, that is for sure...!!! :thumbup:

Nice to see you are such a big fan of these models! You are really supporting us as designers/builders of these MOCs...thanks... :wink:

2LegoOrNot2Lego and M_longer,

The creations that you guys have made are just stunning in pictures, but to be able to build them in your home............."Priceless"

I for one enjoy building and collecting Truck/Construction Equipment, when they look real........... even better! :grin:

Yes, you're right, I'll be proudly displaying and operating these great creations for the public at Brickworld Indy this year.................ahhhh in a couple of weeks :look:

It all started when Jennifer Clark released her MOCs, because of her "real look" models I began building in our favorites, bricks and plates. ( Those models will be at the show too ) :wink:

2LegoOrNot2Lego and M_longer,

The creations that you guys have made are just stunning in pictures, but to be able to build them in your home............."Priceless"

I for one enjoy building and collecting Truck/Construction Equipment, when they look real........... even better! :grin:

Yes, you're right, I'll be proudly displaying and operating these great creations for the public at Brickworld Indy this year.................ahhhh in a couple of weeks :look:

It all started when Jennifer Clark released her MOCs, because of her "real look" models I began building in our favorites, bricks and plates. ( Those models will be at the show too ) :wink:

Again thanks and tell your viewers to support us too... :blush::wink:

When and where is that event, Brickworld Indy????

A little off topic..................Brickworld Indy is being held in Indianapolis Indiana ( Home of the Indianapolis 500 Race in May ) The event is for two days March 8th & 9th at the State Fairgrounds If you enjoy Lego, this is where to be on these days to see incredible displays, some areas allow the public to be part of the displays. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Here's a link to last years show....................http://www.brickworld.us/indy/

M_longers loader will be there, as well as some other famous MOCs made by designers from around the world, all for the public to enjoy. :sweet:

Fellow Builders,

Here's my version of this beautiful loader, with a few added non-Lego parts....................for you Lego die-hards, look away now you might like this.................. :laugh:

640x853.jpg

Here is a picture of the Non-Lego parts............................( effermans custom wheel covers )

640x853.jpg

More photos and details here http://bricksafe.com/pages/ritztoys enjoy! :wink:

Edited by Jim
Fixed Link to Bricksafe

Looks great! Makes me want to buy some! :thumbup: :thumbup:

That Lego hasn't released a similar part, especially for the Volvo, as it is a licensed product, is beyond me!

Wow indeed! This model looks awesome. And I really like the hub caps. Would be nice if TLG produced different versions for different vehicles.

I fixed the link to your Bricksafe folder btw.

Thanks Jim, I don't know why the link doesn't do what you were able to fix, did you get that........... :wacko::laugh:

This MOC is just amazing, really nice with those hubs indeed. Now buy the new Volvo loader or at least the bucket and you done!!!

This is going to the Brick event too I assume?

It is all about cost, that is why TLG doesn't. To bad, because I think they should and they would reach a much more diverse public. With that the sales go up and there you have covered your cost, but that is simply said for a simple man as me...I guess... :blush:

Thanks Jim, I don't know why the link doesn't do what you were able to fix, did you get that........... :wacko::laugh:

Nicely said BTW... :tongue:

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

Yes Sir, this will be upfront along with your fantastic Red, White, & Blue truck with the trailer in tow. :thumbup: :thumbup: It will have as a load consisting of Sheos' Front Shovel Excavator, the whole digging arm, should look really good. :wink:

Yes Sir, this will be upfront along with your fantastic Red, White, & Blue truck with the trailer in tow. :thumbup: :thumbup: It will have as a load consisting of Sheos' Front Shovel Excavator, the whole digging arm, should look really good. :wink:

Make us a picture, that would be so nice, or a couple...

Make us a picture, that would be so nice, or a couple...

How about one good picture with the L580 and your great first truck & trailer " up front " :thumbup: :thumbup:

640x853.jpg

These MOCs were favorites, if thinking about building these, don't hesitate, you won't be disappointed. :wink:

Hello M_Longer,

Are there any instructions avalible for the Iveco Eurotracker tippertruck?

i need some help! I wanna build this great moc, but there is a part, where i can't find an inventory number! There are some black bars outside of the cabine! (brackets). what's the number of this part?

(Looks like pneumatic hoses) correct?

Edited by Duky