Sign in to follow this  
MisterMattias

MisterMattias Comic

like already said: great work!!!! :D

but maybe you could try to make the fire slightly transparent (maybe a apoacity of 95% ?), I got that idea from the picture where the at-st burns.... in those situations it would be good to see WHAT is burning there...

try to make the fire slightly transparent (maybe a apoacity of 95% ?), I got that idea from the picture where the at-st burns.... in those situations it would be good to see WHAT is burning there...

Yes, that's a great idea! I think it was a bit too much fire in the AT-ST photo as well, but that's because I didn't have the original image saved on this computer. Therefore, I had to take the already edited photo, with an old red and white explosion (what was I thinking when I made it?) already saved in the image, and paint the new explosion on top of it and try to hide it. Also, I think it'll look strange if the whole AT-ST head is intact when it's exploding.

But I'll think about what you said, and when I blow things up in the future I'll make sure to remove some bricks from the thing that is blown to pieces before I add the somewhat transparent explosion. It just didn't work in this particular case, but it's something I have to think about.

Thank you again, and thanks for the suggestion you sent in a pm about making the bricks darker where the fire is. You know more about explosions than I do. It's a bit worrying, because explosions aren't something that people should go around being experts at. It's enough if one is insane enough to like them ;)

Hi guys. Remember me? First of all, I feel bad for not being able to be more active on this board. You're all great at making customs, and those of you I have talked to are cool individuals who seem to know what they're talking about. It'd be fun to get to talk to you some more, but things are as they are at the moment.

I haven't got much time over for doing comics anymore since I'm working in another city (ever heard of Stockholm? :) ) during the weeks. I can't bring my Lego there. Most of the shots for this one were taken a month ago. I finally had some time over this weekend to put it together.

It's called "The Big Machine", and starts here: http://www.pbase.com/mistermattias/image/36071822

As usual: Enjoy, or don't ;)

And I WILL be back with more. I just have to take care of some things in life. Like my job...

Keep up the good work!

Great, as always, I like the global warming concern. As well as the star wars reference in the duel. Great work. Seems like you masterise photoshop now ! I like how you included our melting plastic idea in there :-D

Hey! Nice to see you again Mattias.

Once again, a great comic. The train crash at the beginning looked good (it feels bad to say this as there was a train crash in the UK today :/) The effects were great and huttmail... :-D

That big round x-ray machine for the tie looks awesome and of course, there is the brotherly love between the two brothers..;)

Can't wait for the next one!

Jon.

P.S. A couple of the pictures didn't load for me, don't know if this happened to anyone else.

Nice to see you did some new comic!!! Very good!!

I've to agree completely with Jon, I liked the X-Ray machine also very much, good use for the monorail track parts!!! :oD

And nice to see the explosions at the beginning, for sure they added more "realism" to you comic (if we can speak of realism at Lego creations... ;))

I just have to take care of some things in life. Like my job...

Yeah, don't let your hobby taking over your life... ;) (That happened to me last year.... >-|)

P.S. Jon, all pictures were okay for me

P.S. Jon, all pictures were okay for me

Yeah, I just went through the gallery again and it seems to work fine.

It was so good seeing it again, it really does just show how great it is! :-D

Jon.

Wow, thanks for the comments :)

I was going to use a Tie Fighter first instead of the Bomber, but then the mobile crane would have had to be made a little bit higher. And it simply didn't look good at all. I don't know if the crane looks good now either, but I'm happy with it. I'm happy that you liked the X-ray machine. I was a bit worried that it'd just look too big and clumpsy. But then again, critical comments are also useful, so feel free to tell me what I should have done in a different way.

I don't know where the story is going (as you might have guessed already :/ ), but I guess I'll figure something out. I think I'll have to do follow-ups on Chewie, Luke, the Jawas, the droids or Boba soon. Or do something on Bib Fortuna, Lobot or Jabba...

I haven't done anything with Luke since January! The main reason is that I've used all my brown parts for the sand crawler, and can't build the trees for the environment where Luke is in. But I've got a solution for that. I'll just have to use some more of those explosion-effects, and then I'll be able to build some trees again.... ;)

I've got some loose plots for three different scenes at the moment, and I think the Jawas/droids/Tusken Raiders are the easiest to start with....although I have to steal some more sand from the sand box in my backyard. It's freezing cold over here now, so taking the Lego outdoors to shoot an episode isn't an option at the moment.

I've got relatives visiting as well, and I guess they'll stay a while. But I'll find some time to do the next episode soon. And I haven't forgotten my promise to make JarJar melt. I'll just have to figure out a good way to include him in all of this.

Bye for now!

I've got relatives visiting as well, and I guess they'll stay a while. But I'll find some time to do the next episode soon.

Just take the time you need for doing everything as fine as possible... Creating things in hurry isn't fun, and the results arent good either.

Don't worry, I think most of your fans are willing to wait as long as it takes for you to do the next chapter.... ;)

It's freezing cold over here now

Yes, it is very cold here too. So I am fidning it hrad to tpye prpoelry as my hnds are cold. :P

Hmm.. I hate it when relatives come sometimes. It means you have to stay talk to them when you could be playing with lego or on the computer. But most of the times they intefer and ask what I am doing. :|

Jon.

Okay, maybe you've forgotten all about my comics. I know that I haven't updated for a while, but I haven't had time to even touch my precious bricks for months. Yesterday I got some time over, and started shooting a new episode. I was just going to put out some remainders of a house in the sand, but all of a sudden I had built a Rebel base instead. So I had to change a bit in the story, and hopefully the result is OK. The text isn't the best in this one, and I must warn you that I've used a bad word in one or some of the speech bubbles... If you've seen the film it's taken from, you'll understand why. I think you'll survive no matter what.

Okay, enough talking. Here's "The Big Blitz" (meaning "devastating attack" here, I know it can mean other things as well):

http://www.pbase.com/mistermattias/image/38360998

Happy building 2005!

Mattias

I saw the movie, but I just can't recall the name. As always, a great job. How is it to destroy a sandrawler ? I'm just curious to know...

I saw the movie, but I just can't recall the name. As always, a great job. How is it to destroy a sandrawler ? I'm just curious to know...

It's from "Fargo", where Steve Buscemi and Peter Stormare (he's the silent one, and he's a Swede) are kidnappers.

It's wonderful to destroy a sand crawler, and I did it beacuse I needed the brown bricks for trees. I've had the crawler on a shelf for a whole year now. It's about time I got access to those bricks again, so that I can make more forest episodes.

Thanks for commenting.

Hey, nice to see you're back!! :)

I'll read the comic this evening, I'm still at my parents home.... Can't wait for it... ;)

Another nice comic, it has been a while since the last.

This was a a bit short but I liked it, the stealth tusken raiders were good!

Too bad those Jawas destroyed your nice sandcrawer custom!

I can't wait for the next. :)

Jon.

HEY :-D , How you going, Its me, AT-AT Pilot from FBTB. I havnt talked to you for a while. Anywho, That was a goooood comic. That I loved the sandcrawler bit. Your the best with editing ;) . So as usall another GREAT comic. Keep it up :-D

This was a a bit short but I liked it, the stealth tusken raiders were good!

Ha ha, okay, it was a bit short this time, but I had some people complaining last time that it was too long. This one was around 13 photos long, and the last one around 30. So I'll try to aim for around 20. That'd make everyone happy I guess.

I just wanted to shoot the whole episode during the same night, and get it uploaded before the morning. It was dark in here, and I didn't have any good lamps to aim at the set. So I had to use long shutter speeds (around four seconds for each shot, if that says you anything) and have the camera on a tripod. I did have a scene where Chewie kicked himself free and the Jawas had to run after him, but those photos turned out blurry and therefore I didn't use them. If I had included that one, maybe it'd been longer. At first I was also going to let 3P0 and R2 stand outside the crawler and let the Jawas fly into it in the background. But then I guess I just got lazy... That's life.

Thanks for the comments. I'll try to get back to Luke soon. I haven't done anything on him since November 2003 I think...

Here's the 30:th episode, called "The Big Mission" (I'm sorry about the dorky titles, but I can't stop now)

http://www.pbase.com/mistermattias/image/39031456

Okay, it's 05:30 in the morning now. I'm off for bed.

EDIT:

I hotted up the effects of those laser beams a little. I think it looks a lot cooler now, so I'm sorry for not trying this out before I posted them in the first place.

Damn now I really can't wait for the next one ! Good reference to indiana Jones *satis*

I want to know the sequel so baddlllyyyyy >:(