Sign in to follow this  
Darth Legolas

The Mirror Effect

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Okay, no black holes. But I did hope that grabbed your attention! Here's my first worthwhile vignette, and I thought I'd share it with you.

mirrore_001.jpg

A simple actress, putting on makeup, with a mirror for her dressing room.

mirrore_004.jpg

And just a quick pic of the vanity.

If you'd like to see whats on the other side of minifig #1, you'll have to see the folder: here.

Please comment! :tongue:

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Wow. That is the biggest and fattest mirror ever. I mean it. How can this work for any other kind of moc? You would need two minifigs, right? Nice moc anyway.

Wow. That is the biggest and fattest mirror ever. I mean it. How can this work for any other kind of moc? You would need two minifigs, right? Nice moc anyway.

Well, it could make you feel skinny... :grin:

Your comment made me feel bad. Now I know why the Obnoxious was added to your title. :cry_sad: :tongue

MOOD SWINGS ON!

Edited by Darth Legolas

Well, it could make you feel skinny... :grin:

Your comment made me feel bad. Now I know why the Obnoxious was added to your title. :cry_sad: :tongue

MOOD SWINGS ON!

At least I have one! :tongue:

Does any one else wanna post in this topic besides the "dorky obnoxious fat mirror name caller!" :tongue:

...please?

Does any one else wanna post in this topic besides the "dorky obnoxious fat mirror name caller!" :tongue:

...please?

...What if I said that the mirror looks better after I looked at the Brickshelf?....

...What if I said that the mirror looks better after I looked at the Brickshelf?....

...what if I doubted you? :tongue:

Okay, I'll stop now. I agree, 2 studs is way to think. Maybe I could make a sideways embroidering, only the side of a thin plate thick, with no studs on top?

Well, it's too late now considering I ripped it apart to make a new, upcoming MOC. Which I would've posted except my Camera needs new batteries... :tongue:

Well I (unlike some OTHER people :grin: ) like this idea and this moc. However, I am wondering if some limited edition chrome bricks would have enough reflection for the desired effect.

Either way, I love this. It would be great for a scene in a brick-film. :thumbup:

Well I like the MOC. :classic: It is a clever affect, and I never would have pictured the "real" figure to look the way it does.

I have been here longer than you and I don't have a title. Am I offended? No. That comment came across as immature. :wink:

Modesty on. :grin:

Edited by darthperson

Well I like the MOC. :classic: It is a clever affect, and I never would have pictured the "real" figure to look the way it does.

I have been here longer than you and I don't have a title. Am I offended? No. That comment came across as immature. :wink:

Modesty on. :grin:

Actually, its an inside joke between me and Legolas. He knows what I mean by that and since you dont read our PMs you wouldnt know. I know the responsibility of a title and I dont shove it in people faces even though lately many people have called me obnoxious. And a dork. Whatever, I should have said it to him in a PM not in the forum.

I personally like the large mirror! IOt looks nice for an actress. When I orginally saw this I thought it was a very cool effect, and it did trick me for a moment, I think mainly due to the well postiond figures. Nice work!

It's a great idea, for sure, although abit bulky. A nice alternative would be to just cut out a small rectangular mirror section; generally not too hard to find a place that sells/cuts mirrors aswell.

nice moc^^ you should rebuild it in something else than black , and put the details behind the actress in the mirror, like a door or something, this should be cool, but you anyway had a great idea !

Great. Now mod it! Mod it into an MOC from the movie Mirrors! (You know, where the reflections kill the real people)

Goodbye...

*The Kiefer Sutherland fan*

Edited by YG-49