Sign in to follow this  
Skinny Boy

Carl's Cabin

indexed.gif B-RV-4A

To kick off my return to City building, I had to make somewhere for each of my figs to live, hide or hang out. I chose Carl (once an assassin, now turned truck driver) first.

To try and escape his past, Carl moved to a tiny cabin in the middle of Cedar Bay's woods. Only thing is, he had to keep his truck nearby, so its not as secluded as he'd hoped. Enjoy!:

The Cabin:

3347002751_5c70230e00.jpg

The Cab (of his truck. modded 7900) :

3349269569_190d927aaa.jpg

The connection point (of cab and trailer) :

3350098572_be1be8fb4d.jpg

The Trailer (modded Scuderia Truck) :

3350097834_66d9dfc0c0.jpg

And a pic of Carl and Butch (his dog) heading into the woods, to partake in his only hobby - Hunting:

3349268449_4290c79903.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thats a pretty awesome Shack, Has room for improvement.

Things that can be improved

1. Add some Flower's without the little colorful bits that go on the top of the stems to simulate overgrown grass, that is, unless he has just mown his lawn.

2. maybe a parrot or a custom bird sitting on the fence or somewhere visable?

3. Some forest animals that have ventured onto his lawn perhaps?

Thats some things I can think of. Nothing to big, or nessasary. just a few suggestions. Not needed, but would look good.

It's difficult to see what's going on with all the shots being closeups. Perhaps try shooting a few overviews for us? Does the cabin have an interior?

I like the style of your pictures, but indeed it would be nice to have a complete overview of the MOC.

Great home for Carl and wonderful gun custom! :wub::thumbup:

You could maybe improve it MOCing a bit the ground (plants, grass, flowers...) and adding some foliage to the trees (using some of these for example)

Edited by BlueBard

Thanks everyone! The reason I didn't take an overall pic is because i'm building in an area that is very hard to photograph. Heres a crappy pic though (you can see the tv! :grin: ) :

3351824680_16c7d01f81.jpg

This pic leads to the second point: the details-trees, plants etc. As you can see, the truck is parked right by the cabin, and must drive very close by it every time. If I threw in a bunch of plants, they would simply get run over. The trees, are in the left background (another reason for not taking an overall pic: I didn't put them on the right :tongue: ) Yep, those are trees :laugh: My very cheap and (in)effective way of making them! But I really love how they work as a background. Like in the last pic of my first post. Nearly nothing is visible behind them. Thanks for the suggestions, but I hope you understand now why they weren't there already :wink:

I like the planks on the cabin and the rifle. Carl needs to go to anger management classes :grin: