Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

CLUES: The Beginning

Pardon me Mister TheBrickster, has Mister Pete found the key and has Mister Kulo been found yet ??? I am seriously starting to freeze outside !!!

Pete, I saw Sarg Kulo this past afternoon. He passed us as you were trying to find the key. Perhaps he forgot about the mystery?

Pete, you should better keep track of your belongings, especially when it is something important like this.

It is awfully cold outside. Would one of you kind gentlemen be willing to lend a Lady your coat? ;)

I would milady if I had one ;)

However, I can offer you a glass of nice wine, port or whatever liquor you wish once inside, around a nice fireplace. This is a far more suitable place for introductions.

Here's my vest. Sorry. It isn't much but it is the best I can do. Don't worry about me. I dress in layers. My blue sweater will keep me warm for now. *satis*

Unlocking the Front Door

"Ah, I have located it. I placed the key in my extra pant pocket when one of the town council members gave it to me. We're just going to have to enter one person short. If Sarg can't get in later, then we'll just have to proceed without him", Pete responds.

"Let me now open the door to this mansion", he adds.

101_0124.jpg

Extra pant pocket... eh? What exactly does that mean? Does he have an extra pair of pants? Or an extra pocket on the pants he's wearing? Either way, it seems a little fishy to me.

Steve

Alas, We Have Entered The Mansion: Main Hall

Pete slowly places a tarnished brass key in the lock of one of the large oak entry doors. The heavy door makes a loud creaking sound as he pushes it open to the dim-lit mansion. The smell of damp dusty air blows from the room to reveal a large octagon-shaped entry chamber connected to a larger room.

101_0126.jpg

Pete switches on a tall lamp atop a coat rack that illuminates the large room. Within this large chamber are two smaller doors along one of the walls and a large staircase leading to the upper floor. Also in the room are two sets of Viking Armor.

101_0125.jpg

You enter the chamber when suddenly; the entry door slams closed behind you. Pete grabs the handle only to discover that the door will not open, almost as if it has been locked from the outside. Deep bellowing laughter sounds from the walls as some of you fumble with the door handles. Brickster states,

And then Sarg Kulo turns up and say "Yo guys. Sorry I'm late but I found a short cut to the mansion, I was waiting in here for you guys to come because I got locked in. But now the same thing has happened to you" |-/

Sorry I'm late guys.

I beleive the phrase I'm looking for is 'in for a penny, in for a pound'

Welecome to Crowley Mansion.

I wonder if he's of any relation to the more famous (or infamous) Crowley of California fame.

In any event, this ought to be interesting.

Examining the armor more closely, how does it look ? As viking armors spanned many centuries, are we looking at a variant of the roman lorica segmenta, something closer to brigadine, or further into the scale or ring mail varities ? Or, if its more modern, more of a cured leather recreation, perhaps with bits of bone or brass worked into the strcuture to strengthen it. ? Are the two suits similiar ?

Danke.

Akkh

Please don't go further into trying to force open the doors. I suspect that it will only make the situation worse.

Even though building inspectors of the LCCD were too terrified to have examined this building, I suspect that this place is unsafe. We should get going on this mystery. This rusty old place could come down any moment now.

As for me, I think we should explore the 1st floor with a partner and report any findings back to Brickster. Each group set out to explore divided sections of the 1st floor of the mansion. Now only if we had a map...

Brickster states, "I recommend we stay together. There's no telling what's inside this old mansion and there's safety in numbers".

Sure. No problem. ;)

However, I think we must keep moving. If we stay in one place, ominous things might happen. Darkness is lurking...ready to strike any moment. Should we examine our surroundings? Or should we report upstairs?

Akkh already asked about the Viking armor. What is your response to this, Brickster?

Viking Armor

Akkhraziel examines the armor more closely. One set has a helmet with horns, the other without. Each also carry an axe; one in the left hand and the other in the right.

Brickster adds, "we have an expert in Viking armor among us. Could you tell us something about this armor Bloody Jay"?

Perhaps...historically correct Vikings didn't have horns. So one might be fake and the other authentic. Bloody Jay, can you futher comment?

Well, one is obviously a fake! There were no horns on authentic Viking suits of armor. The other, however, appears as though it was confiscated by the English during one of the attempted conversions of the Northumbrians; note the crosses melted onto the breastplate.

Does anyone know who confiscated it or in what manner or perhaps the reason for the confiscation?

Could this be a clue?

The English; this is way back around 1350 or 1400, when the Northumbrians were conducting Viking raids throughout Western Europe. The English, especially, would attempt to convert prisoners before executing them, and any successfully converted Viking would have any references to Norse gods removed from his armor and a cross attached. It's a collector's item; an extremely rare and valuable one, however. It seems our Mr. Crowley has a taste for history.

But if he has a taste for history, then wouldn't he notice that one is fake? *wacko*

Or maybe the fake one was a replacement that took the place of a once real suit of Viking armor...could Mr. Crowley's mansion have had a visitor (a theif?) after his death?

Or maybe the fake one was a replacement that took the place of a once real suit of Viking armor...could Mr. Crowley's mansion have had a visitor (a theif?) after his death?

Bum Bum Bum... ;)

It is possible, but wouldn't they have been locked in the mansion to... maybe they're still here...

Bum Bum Bum... (again :-D )

Maybe the theif was the murderer. Murdering just to get a Viking's armor? That's brutal! *devil* This leads me to believe that the thief had to be a Viking fanatic. And you know who that might be... 8-|

Sign in to follow this