brickmasterben11

76060-Doctor Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum-Should I Buy?

So, I recently found I have a few bucks to spend on LEGO. I really want the Doctor Strange minifig, as I've been getting back into Marvel Comics and whatnot. At my local Target the set is on sale for 23-25 USD. (It was 29.99 USD.) I could buy the set, but I don't care for the other figs, and the build offers a little to me, but I could be without it. Does anyone that owns the set recommend it or should I get something else? (BTW I don't even know if this is the right thread.)

I like the set. It is very rare for us to get a piece which is situated around a location, and the Doctor Strange set includes a lot of nice mini-builds including the bookcases and the table with the candles on. A few nice stickers here too, and the three minifigures included are super-nice with some cool printed elements included within the set. I'd recommend it. I know we will probably get an updated Doctor Strange for Infinity War, but the Ancient One and Mordo are nice minifigures too. 

You can check my review of this set. I really like the minifigures line up here especially if you watched the movie. Enjoy!

Sadly the set contains a couple too many stickers and not enough prints, but the actual builds themselves are pretty neat and the other minifigs with their prints would work great in a star wars context, for example. The tentacle part could even be used as it is a space monster - so its definitely an option, I'd say! :classic:

I saw the same deal but chose not to buy it, and I haven't really regretted it. I love new/useful parts, but felt like the only really special pieces in it were the printed astral fans/disks, the rest seemed fairly generic.

As for figs, only two of the three looked good (the Tilda Swinton one is bad), so I decided even at that discount it wasn't worth it for me. YMMV, of course.