Spud The Viking

[GBW] - Supporting the War Effort - New Brickika - Dug in

Map Name: Bricklandia

Grid: H7

With war already sweeping the globe, New Brickika must take up measure to prevent any counter-attack. An old trench line from about fifty years ago has been reused to minimise the cost.

34780214786_66748da642_z.jpgDug in by Tom Gray, on Flickr

34657131252_9cb6022494_z.jpgDug in by Tom Gray, on Flickr

34657130792_bb40e26077_z.jpgDug in by Tom Gray, on Flickr

34657129782_0ca303a027_z.jpgDug in by Tom Gray, on Flickr

34433826350_6f08f33c27_z.jpgDug in by Tom Gray, on Flickr

The troops would see little action from this far but better safe than sorry, right?

34433828100_baff1114f8_z.jpgDug in by Tom Gray, on Flickr

That's a nice little MOC you've built there. I'm particularly fond of the subtle angle you've incorporated into the trench. Not too obvious, but it does a nice job of breaking up an otherwise straight line. The vegetation is decent, too, but I would recommend adding some more colors (such as the dark green you added) to add some variety and color to the landscape. 

You've Been Awarded (2) Point(s):

Judges Comments (not all judges comment):

Nice and Simple build. I like the differentiation in the colors to show where people have moved or dug out. The tiles in the trench give me that WW1 vibe often shown in pictures. In the future, it might be cool to do something similar say 2 studs wide down the middle of the trench (maybe even a bit jagged) to show the boards above the ground. Pictures are getting better. Nice work!    

Well done, for a small side build, this shows you stepping up!  I like the detail on the back half and the trench more than the front; much more detail!  I like how you kept your build small and decided to pack it with details.  It shows you put in some effort to making this one stand out!  Be sure you are not standing in the light when taking your pics.  Head outside and snap those pics, midday, natural light is the best!  But hey, great job!

You can Update your AAR Post with your points to keep track.

Thanks for Playing!