Sign in to follow this  
TechnicRCRacer

Rare Part Finds?

Hi,

I am not really sure where to put this (and if an admin sees this please move it to the right topic), but does anyone want to share an interesting part find? (e.g. rare parts in bulk lots) For me, I once found two working Spybotics modules and remotes in a $12 a pound lot. I also found the rare brown dishes from the old Droid Transporter set.

Those are some nice finds. But 12 dollars a pound?!? That's the exciting part for me. I must have paid 25 dollars for 1 pound on eBay. I found a nice insectoids piece and some nice printed pieces.

10 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

But 12 dollars a pound?!?

At my LUG meeting, there is always a bulk vendor and system pieces are for $10 a pound and technic is for $12 a pound. The seller has some very rare pieces (that they probably don't notice)! I also found one of those RC car intakes from set 8676 and some olive green snap joints.

Not exactly rare, but rare quality: I got a box of LEGO for free that had been scavenged from a skip (!) and it contained a number of chromed parts in excellent condition. Despite the age of the parts, there was no scratches or fading.

Same! I might have been luckier though... I got a HUGE box from a relative full of old 1970s space sets. It was cool and increased my collection by a half!