Hi, this is my C Model for the 42043 - MB Arocs, It's an articulated tractor with a tipping trailer! :classic:

Tech specs:

1x L Motor

3x Pneumatic cylinders, 2x 11x2 to lift & lower the trailer bed, and a 1x5 cylinder to open & close the trailer flap.

10x Wheels, 8 on the tractor in a dually configuration, & 4 on the trailer.

Well, now on to pictures!

All pictures & more are available at my BrickLink http://bricksafe.com/pages/XtremeBuilder/c-model-42043---mb-arocs---articulated-tractor--trailer

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Edited by XtremeBuilder
L motor, not XL. :P

Well done! Looks kinda bad but the functions seem mighty interesting! Have you checked out my latest 42043 c model? Hint: pic is in my signature :)

Hi, it looks better in real life, my picture shooting locations kinda suck. :sceptic:

I have seen your driller, looks neat.

4 hours ago, XtremeBuilder said:

Hi, it looks better in real life, my picture shooting locations kinda suck. :sceptic:

I have seen your driller, looks neat.

My tip for this truck is to make the cab more realistic. The functions seem to be in place and well-established, but the cab is inaccurate and half-baked. The cab is the part of the truck which gives the first impression. But overall, very well done :wink:

9 minutes ago, BrickByBrick Official said:

My tip for this truck is to make the cab more realistic. The functions seem to be in place and well-established, but the cab is inaccurate and half-baked. The cab is the part of the truck which gives the first impression. But overall, very well done :wink:

Good point, by the way, this is a tractor as in farm equipment, not truck, the cab should've looked more like this: 10322399_3.jpg?v=8CDA659C3917D20

So it could've been taller in hindsight  But this cab is a big improvement for me actually, as I'm still working on certain parts of aesthetics as far as MOCs go, and while this tractor I made didn't turn out perfect, I have improved significantly since my last MOCs (take a look at my old one & cringe. :P).

Edited by XtremeBuilder

11 hours ago, XtremeBuilder said:

Good point, by the way, this is a tractor as in farm equipment, not truck, the cab should've looked more like this: 

So it could've been taller in hindsight  But this cab is a big improvement for me actually, as I'm still working on certain parts of aesthetics as far as MOCs go, and while this tractor I made didn't turn out perfect, I have improved significantly since my last MOCs (take a look at my old one & cringe. :P).

...and it has 6 cylinder in-line engine like Arocs...:wink:

Because Arocs has 12 wheels you've made good decision to make tractor with double wheels...:thumbup:

6 hours ago, I_Igor said:

...and it has 6 cylinder in-line engine like Arocs...:wink:

Because Arocs has 12 wheels you've made good decision to make tractor with double wheels...:thumbup:

Yeah, I've always liked these types of tractors, seemed it would work good, and the engine is a boxer, 3 cylinders on one side, 3 on the other. :classic:

Not realistic, but still pretty cool. :sweet:

Edited by XtremeBuilder

18 hours ago, XtremeBuilder said:

Yeah, I've always liked these types of tractors, seemed it would work good, and the engine is a boxer, 3 cylinders on one side, 3 on the other. :classic:

Not realistic, but still pretty cool. :sweet:

I know, but because in-line 6 is narrow so this configuration enables smooth and narrow bonnet which is essential for good visibility from driver's cab :wink:

Perhaps you could make some communal tractor (has street legal tires) for street cleaning or similar...

Edited by I_Igor

8 hours ago, I_Igor said:

I know, but because in-line 6 is narrow so this configuration enables smooth and narrow bonnet which is essential for good visibility from driver's cab :wink:

Perhaps you could make some communal tractor (has street legal tires) for street cleaning or similar...

Hmm, I never knew that, neat tidbit.

My next MOC with either be a cool off road machine c model, or a mindstorms robot.

16 hours ago, XtremeBuilder said:

Hmm, I never knew that, neat tidbit.

My next MOC with either be a cool off road machine c model, or a mindstorms robot.

mindstorm robot mh? Based on your profile picture this is more likely, but perhaps set 42069 is waiting for you...