12 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate 41590 Iron Man?

• Worse than Iron Man 2
    • Poor
    • Average
    • Good
    • Better than being the undisputed leader of the Avengers

33148705980_0d4a634290_c.jpg

BrickHeadz is an exciting new Lego theme that depicts our favorite characters from movies, TV shows, games, and comics into fun and stylized collectible forms.  Each set contains a brick built figure with a build-able base, that includes a printed tile piece denoting the figure's wave number. Wave one consists of twelve unique and colorful characters based on The Lego Batman Movie, the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Disney's Beauty and the Beast and Pirates of the Caribbean. BrickHeadz is an exclusive theme from Lego, which means that you can only find the BrickHeadz sets at Lego brand retail stores and online from Lego Shop.

Before I begin this review, I would like to give my sincerest thanks to The LEGO Group (TLG) who have provided this set, and other wave one BrickHeadz sets, to Eurobricks making this review possible. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. 

Introduction  

Iron Man is arguably one of the most popular Marvel characters now, due in large part to his appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. With that in mind, it's no surprise that 41590 Iron Man is one of the first Marvel BrickHeadz (second only to 41589 Captain America, make of that what you will), and for good logistical reasons too--he just looks great. Iron Man, due to his bulky armor, expressionless face, and hot rod color scheme translates to the BrickHeadz style far better than most. 41590 Iron Man is one of the best BrickHeadz, period. But I guess I do have to say a bit more, so read on... 

Set Stats

Name: 41590 Iron Man
Theme:  Licensed / BrickHeadz
Year: 2017
Pieces: 96
Minifigs: N/A
Price: USD $9.99, CA $12.99, DE 9.99€, UK £9.99
Resources: Brickset, BricklinkLego Shop

Packaging 

As with all BrickHeadz sets, 41590 Iron Man comes in the standard box with all the appropriate logos and walls of texts. Included is also an image of the inspiration, that of Iron Man mark whatever (I lost count, and I don't care to know anymore!) from Captain America: Civil War.  

32688878324_be861ea5f2_z.jpg32717937083_278b4e2c71_z.jpg

Inside the box you'll find one instruction booklet, two bags--one big and one small--as well as a loose 4x6 black plate which will be used for the figure's base.  

Interesting Parts 

With a great color scheme, 41590 Iron Man also comes with numerous intersting pieces, both standard and printed. On the standard side, he come with the Brickheadz cornerstones such as the wave tile and fourteen of those modified bricks in light bley. But unlike others, instead of the round BrickHeadz eyes, Iron Man comes with two 1x1 trans-light blue tiles which are actually printed with a simple white square on top of them. This subtle print creates the illusion that they are actually lit by lights, which is very cool. 

33403752391_6c7b73df97_z.jpg

Standard part wise, Iron man also comes with six headlight bricks in Bright Light Orange and eight in Dark Red. Additionally, various Dark Red modified plates are included, which are nice to have. 

Build

Like all BrickHeadz, 41590 Iron Man features a standardized build structure, although he does feature some unique deviations to depict his bulky armor. The numerous headlight bricks also add an added twist on the BrickHeadz mold, which makes constructing Iron Man more interesting than some other figures. 

32688874914_d18f78e5b5_z.jpg33156187456_8af22d752e.jpg

Of course, you also construct the standard BrickHeadz base. 

Completed Figure

Overall very nice figure. 41590 Iron Man fits very well in the BrickHeadz template, and that's largely due to the bulky armor which looks nice when dropped into a rather square mold. The level of detail is just right, and the Bright Light Orange pops expertly well against the dark red. Lego could have used Pearl Gold instead, but I appreciate that they went with a brighter, if slightly less accurate, shade instead. 

33403755351_80e65bb9e4_z.jpg33403754091_eb8fdf3f81_z.jpg 33148707160_47d4d2741b_z.jpg

Now unlike his SDCC counterpart, this Iron Man unfortunately does not come with repuslor blasts as an accessory. I would have appreciated those being included, but thankfully their absence is not as egregious as Captain America missing his shield or anything. 

Conclusion

Disputed leader of the Avengers, 41590 Iron Man is both a necessary inclusion in any respectable Marvel BrickHeadz collection, but also a very well done figure in his own right. 

Score 

• Design: 5/5 - The Iron Man armor translated very well to the blocky style of BrickHeadz. 
  • Parts: 5/5 -  Dark Red and Bright Light Orange? Sign me up! 
  • Build: 5/5 - Despite on the surface reading mostly as just tiles, there's lots of nice interesting bits just under the surface. 
  • Value for Price: 5/5 - A good number of parts in uncommon colors and a great figure to boot means this is worth the cost. 

My Score: (20/20)      A

32717933743_0669c7b117_z.jpg

Eurobricks BrickHeadz Reviews:

41585 Batman, 41586 Batgirl, 41587 Robin, 41588 The Joker, 41595 Belle, 41596 Beast41589 Captain America, 41590 Iron Man, 41591 Black Widow, 41592 The Hulk