Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #157: Staking the Flag

On 4/11/2017 at 6:11 PM, samuraiturtle said:

Could one of those Yokai's be possessing him? 

33818921461_7564934aca_t.jpg
"Perhaps... it may explain why one so young as he could command such respect."

On 4/11/2017 at 4:47 PM, UsernameMDM said:

"If this is a matter that needs to be settled so we can proceed, then let's see to it."

33949010165_55992a07ca_t.jpg
"Let it be so. Lippi shall guide you to the shrine."

The Kappa calls to a orange masked Kappa and explains the mission to the excited youth.

33818922121_edbaf3a931_t.jpg
"You follow me. Follow me close, jungles of Kappa-La are easy to get lost in."

heroicanpc-umbrashadeaux.jpg
"If it's a matter of security of ze site, zen I will accompany you. My blade is anxious and has been silent for too much of zis journey."

33005640665_d8c18383ed_t.jpg
"It would be a magnificcccent opportunity to educate you, Master Ezeran, on the weather patternssss of this luscious climate. Thussss if there are no objectionssss, I sssshall come assss well."

"Looks like we've got regular army. Primo won't know what hit them."

The Party's travel through the jungle is uneventful aside from the ancillary hornet's nest and random encounters with wild boar. Before long Lippi leads the group to a large stone structure buried within a giant mountainside. A bridge extends across a murky pond to a set of stone doors.

33878539411_f117fb4e08_z.jpg

"This is it, this shrine to Torangu, first time I see gate closed though."

7 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

heroicanpc-umbrashadeaux.jpg
"If it's a matter of security of ze site, zen I will accompany you. My blade is anxious and has been silent for too much of zis journey."

"I believe you are more than capable as you are Madame, but please make use of any of the gear I have in my pack."

"It would be a magnificcccent opportunity to educate you, Master Ezeran, on the weather patternssss of this luscious climate. Thussss if there are no objectionssss, I sssshall come assss well."

"Indeed.  Ezeran, show Augusta the gems I loaned you.  Maybe those will add a little something to your forecasts?"

"Do you know how to open them? Or would it be best to seek a less direct approach, maybe a less used or secret entrance?"

2 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"Do you know how to open them? Or would it be best to seek a less direct approach, maybe a less used or secret entrance?"

Or a window? Let me use this first. 

Pulls out his Magnifying Glass to look the "gate" over. 

10 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I see, very impressive. Tell me Lippi, can you tell us more about Torangu while we try to figure out a way in?"

On 4/13/2017 at 9:24 AM, UsernameMDM said:

"As I said, first time I see doors closed. That only way inside that I know of."

21 hours ago, samuraiturtle said:

Or a window? Let me use this first. 

Pulls out his Magnifying Glass to look the "gate" over. 

Germ slowly approaches the doors pulling out his magnifying glass and inspecting the gate.

33878534891_0948fe169d_z.jpg

Above the door Germ finds worn away script that reads:
To enter in this place of order
Simply strike the number of the border

33894126151_b369c052df_o.jpg

QM Note: 24hrs to submit an answer in PM for the puzzle to gain XP.

20 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"I see, very impressive. Tell me Lippi, can you tell us more about Torangu while we try to figure out a way in?"

"Torangu was very old tortoise who walked the heavens, being very slow none of the gods would keep him company for very long as they found him too dull, thus Torangu determined to create his own companions. That is how the Kappa came into being. For a time the Kappa walked among the stars with Torangu, until the heavenly hosts determined that it was not fair that such mortal creations should dwell so close to deity. After all the dwarves and the elves and even man had been sentenced to roam the world of Olegaia. So with great sadness Torangu agreed to leave his creations upon this world, but before he departed Torangu left a gift with his people. He blessed their lives such that they would pass as slowly as his footsteps across the sky. And so to this day the Kappa live long in the land of Xu, we are in no hurry to do any great tasks, nor wage any frivolous war, for all things will sort themselves out given enough time."

16 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran shows Augusta all of his gems. 

"It is a fine collection you have. I think there issss much we can work with."

10 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Above the door Germ finds worn away script that reads:

What does that mean? Strike it enough times and it simply opens. Well that is a dumb lock. I am going to step back and let you "super genius" figure it out. 

As Germ goes back to the "bank"" the others see him "playing around" with his shovel and pickaxe, getting ready to use it on the "door". 

On 4/13/2017 at 2:04 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

The Party's travel through the jungle is uneventful aside from the ancillary hornet's nest and random encounters with wild boar. Before long Lippi leads the group to a large stone structure buried within a giant mountainside. A bridge extends across a murky pond to a set of stone doors.

Why are you stealing my random encounters?!?!!?  XP bro! :laugh::tongue:

10 minutes ago, MysticModulus said:

"Well... This is odd. Anyone has any ideas?"

"Yes."

Throlar uses his Hint Coin.

14 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Above the door Germ finds worn away script that reads:

QM Note: 24hrs to submit an answer in PM for the puzzle to gain XP.

"Lippi, does the writing make any sense to you?"

45 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I don't think that writing, look like shapes."

Hoke shakes his head.

"No, the writing ABOVE the door: To enter in this place of order - Simply strike the number of the border.  Anything cultural significant you can tell us about order and borders?"

20 hours ago, samuraiturtle said:

What does that mean? Strike it enough times and it simply opens. Well that is a dumb lock. I am going to step back and let you "super genius" figure it out. 

As Germ goes back to the "bank"" the others see him "playing around" with his shovel and pickaxe, getting ready to use it on the "door". 

As he continues to "play around" with his shovel. He can't but help wonder what is taking so long. Then saying to himself: I hope I can find something to jam in the door to keep it closing again. They still have not open it up yet... 

"Well, my hint coin says that the answer is right in front of us. I have absolutely no idea what that means."

Throlar walked up to the door in a state of annoyance, wondering just what the hell this door wanted them to do. Suddenly he stopped as if noticing something for the first time.

"Ah. I think I know what it means now."

Edited by Lord Duvors

33 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Well, my hint coin says that the answer is right in front of us."

"Well," Hoke says as he knocks on the door 8 times.

As he does a flurry of darts shoot out at him, sticking into all his unarmored spots.  He dodge and deflected a few, but the damage (5 HP), was done.

"Ok, that didn't work," he says as he pulls the quarrels out one-by-one.

Throlar steps forward and strikes the door nine times just as the number written on the top left of the door states. An unlocking mechanism can be heard and the great doors swing open, Throlar now feels slightly more experienced and confident in his dealings with doors.

ava-throlar2.jpg
Throlar Wineghilm *Nimble*
137 year old male Dwarven Warden. 
Level: 19.5
Power Bonus: 0
Defense: 20
Health: 37/37
Gold: 110
Equipment: Mopagsaber (WP: 12; Ice elemental; longsword), Counterstrike Gloves (If the wearer is damaged by a free hit, they counter with strength equal to their level; handwear), Greaves of the Wolf (SP: 5; Wearer is Nimble; footwear), Weathered Shield (SP: 15)
Inventory:
Weapons - Huntsman's Bow (WP: 7; damages undead; bow), Elven Sword (WP: 5, longsword), Miracle Lance (A white spear crafted in the likeness of an ancient dragon; WP: 10; doubled against Ancient enemies; lance), Blackstone Club (WP: 30; Earth and darkness elemental; club), Dwarven Portable Catapult (WP:10; Double Damage to Enemies Visibly Larger than the User; Throwing Weapon), Fellcrest Hand Axe (WP: 8; deals bleeding 5 on successful hits; throwing weapon), Sundering Longsword (WP: 10, 1/3 chance to deal Fragile), 
Artifacts -  Quiver of Homing Arrows (Rolls of AIM become HIT; can only be used with a bow or a crossbow; backwear), Lion's Plate (Max health +5, Power +1; wearer is immune to weakened; suitable for knights and barbarians; body wear), Shield of Invisibility (SP: 0; the user is immune to free hits until they are the last hero standing), Amulet of Elven Loyalty (Wearer can use anything suitable for elves and is considered a friend by all elves; the wearer also becomes encouraged if there are elves in the party; suitable to Throlar only; accessory),  Monkey Armor (SP:4, immune to earth and bound; suitable for knights, beast warriors, dragoons, skirmishers and winged warriors; body wear), Mage's Muffler, Sandman's Parasol, Elven Shield (SP: 5; Ice and darkness elemental; all elves in the party gain the same amount of SP as long as the wielder is standing), Crow Helmet (SP: 1; Flying enemies do not deal free hits to the wearer; suitable for Knights and Dragoons; headwear), Lethauros Crushers (While equipped, the wearer does double damage to Rock and Flying type enemies; suitable for anyone; footwear)
Consumables - Phoenix Essence, x2 Potion, Grand Potion, x3 Remedy, Nostrum, Soma, Hint Coin (Gives the user a hint about a puzzle or a tricky situation, Useable only once, Has no monetary value), x2 Bone, Floral Bomb, Air Bomb, Baldur Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, x2 Smoke Bomb,x4 Shattering Arrow (lowers enemy SP by 10 points, suitable for classes that use crossbows and bows), Grating Stone, Venom, Mulled Wine
Tools - Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass.
Other - Viper scale (worth 40 gold to some NPC's).
Decamon Deck - Magic Carp (Aquatic 1), Volt Ant (Electric 1), Will-o'-the-Wisp (Fiery 1), Tweetybird (Flying 1), Toxic Toad (Plant 1), Ursa Minor (Eithereal 1), Specter (Dark 2), Dryad (Plant 6)

The Party slowly descends into the shrine a faint blue light gleaming ahead and the sound of running water hitting fountains can be heard. The hallway exits into a large chamber where a single figure stands obscured by mist all around.

34066249435_2801fc0803_c.jpg

33925879416_718aee82f4_t.jpg
"Who dares to enter this sacred hall?"

9 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Who dares to enter this sacred hall?"

"Only those who wish to be friends of you and your people." Throlar said, bowing diplomatically as he spoke.

4 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Only those who wish to be friends of you and your people." Throlar said, bowing diplomatically as he spoke.

"Friendship is for those who are too weak to stand on their own. I have no need of friends, servants however... now there is use to those."

2 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran uses his magic skills to summon a small floating flame to illuminate the surroundings. "Now let's see..."

Ezaran begins to summon a small flame at the cost of 1 Ether. As the room begins to illuminate the sorcerer notes at least 4 other figures cloaked in the shadows before them, but before he can et a good view his light is snuffed out as if by opposing magical forces.

Hoke steps up.

"I am Hoke Ablesword, here on a expedition for trade representing the Crescent Union Guild.  Who might you be?"

1 hour ago, UsernameMDM said:

Hoke steps up.

"I am Hoke Ablesword, here on a expedition for trade representing the Crescent Union Guild.  Who might you be?"

"I am Giorgione of the Primo, bringer of order and tradition to my people. And what do traders have that would bring them to the shrine of Torangu?"