broomhandle

Would love to see MOC landing crafts

6 hours ago, KevinYoung said:

UCS version from Lego would be fabulous!!

really? I mean a system sized set - sure, why not. But this is far from being iconic or interesting enough to be financially viable as a UCS set...

I think a Midi would be cool, and in clone wars colors... grey/blue... UCS would be too much I think, and I do not think this is a fan favorite ship.

On 12/6/2016 at 1:22 AM, brobert said:

really? I mean a system sized set - sure, why not. But this is far from being iconic or interesting enough to be financially viable as a UCS set...

Actually, it would expand on the droid line in a beneficial way. A system-sized landing craft doesn't even make sense. Obi-wan's jedi starfighter from EP2 isn't iconic either yet we were still treated to it.

13 hours ago, Helghan said:

Actually, it would expand on the droid line in a beneficial way. A system-sized landing craft doesn't even make sense. Obi-wan's jedi starfighter from EP2 isn't iconic either yet we were still treated to it.

Yeah but that was released around the time of Ep II wasn't it? That way, it even made sense. Years after it appeared in anything, and a bland vehicle like that...I don't think so.

16 hours ago, Helghan said:

I'll be honest though, I like the design of Obi Wan's in episode 2 better than his interceptor in episode 3, which we have gotten countless versions of.

8 hours ago, brobert said:

Yeah but that was released around the time of Ep II wasn't it? That way, it even made sense. Years after it appeared in anything, and a bland vehicle like that...I don't think so.

Well, we got the Azure Angel after well over a decade. It's bland but it's still a major vehicle used by a major faction. We don't even have droid transport ships as sets besides the ground carriers and the MTT, which mind you, one could argue is just as bland.

15 hours ago, CaptainJackBrickster said:

I'll be honest though, I like the design of Obi Wan's in episode 2 better than his interceptor in episode 3, which we have gotten countless versions of.

??? There have only been two iterations of obi-wan's red eta-2, I think the first one was very simple and came out in 2005 in a big set ( I believe was a pretty hard to find as well), and the first dedicated set for it came out only this year. If you mean lego's releases of eta-2s in general then sure, but almost every one is unique and you can still count the total number of them on two hands. In any case it's true that a new delta-7 from episode 2 is long overdue and it's fitting that another one is she scheduled for release in 2017.

On 5. 12. 2016 at 9:46 PM, broomhandle said:

Thinking of building a Midi Landing Craft. would love to see a collection of others who have built them...

Honestly, isn't this somewhat lazy to let others doo the google search for you? :D

On your defense though, there weren't that many lego renditions of this craft. Luckily, this craft as well as most of the prequell trilogy designs have been of my big onterest so I did the research couple times. Besides several huge beasts, such as this one build by Eurobricks member Rook or this one  built by Tarjei Moland, there are only two smaller scaled models worth mentioning that I'm currently aware of.

First, the mini version dšesigned quite a while ago by current Lego designer Hans - this one inspired several builders to re-iterate (either improve or just re-skin) given design. I really like it and it is very accurate given the size.

Last one is my personal top pick! Wonderful design made by Jayden Irwin, which you can currently support on Lego Ideas right here. I think this one is the closest match to what I'd call MIDI scale, or a 'set' scale given the overall size. I wish such product was on shelves :) The greatest thing is, Jayden is kind enough to share the building instructions, I encourage you to check it on his website http://www.jaydenirwin.com/models/c9979/