Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

[LDD MOC]Pyramid Fortress of Dathan

In the far off desert of Dathan, the royal palace rises above the sands. Enter inside the pyramid fortress and see for yourself what lies beyond.

I'm glad to show off my latest castle MOC, the Pyramid Fortress of Dathan. I had been working on it off and on all summer. It came up as a way for me and a buddy to have a mini competition between ourselves. He chose to build a mountain fortress while I chose to build a pyramid. We agreed on no limit of parts, and up to 30 fighting minifigures, including wizards, alchemists, etc. Townies were not considered for the 30. Once he finishes his, we're going to reveal our designs to each other, and then we have to come up with siege engines to take down the other's fortress.

The first two overview images are not done with BlueRender because it kept crashing when I tried to render because of how many pieces. As you can see, there are numerous defenses along the sloped walls, designed to help againt siege towers.

pyramidwarriors.png

pyramidwarriors2.png

Here is a better shot of the gate and the long pathway to it. If you notice, there are hundres of gold spikes popping out as well.

gate.png

And here is two of the defenses on the front of the castle. Oh no! There's a trap door on the walkway as well!

defense_front.png

Inside is the barracks, with the roof removed to see in for you guys.

barracks.png

Up in the tower is where the royal family lives. The top floor is a bedroom and study; the bottom floor is where they keep the heads of enemies.

royalbottomfloor.png

royaltopfloor.png

Here are the pathways to get around to the royal chambers as well as parts of the walls.

pathways.png

In the back is a forge and marketstalls.

forge.png

market.png

Stairs to access the highest walls.

stairs.png

Now to the dungeons... There's a brown door that leads down. You can also see a ladder that lets soldiers climb up to the lower walls.

dungeon1.png

And the dungeon! Two cells, a breaking wheel, a rack, and lots of pain.

dungeon2.png

And now the people. All of them (aside from the three royal guards) have different faces.

soldier_overview.png

The king, his son (both of whom are wizards), the alchemy-loving queen, and one of the three bodyguards. He does have a sword at his hip.

royals.png

The spearmen and their captain. They have swords as well behind their shields.

spearmen.png

The archers and scouts.

archers.png

The berserkers.

berserkers.png

The heavily armed men. Essentially the special forces of the army of Dathan.

heavies.png

And the townies, from slaves and smiths, to merchants and beautiful women.

townies.png

Enjoy!

Great job! I am not sure about the pyramid roof used in the centre however, i think it extends out too far from the tower.

Good looking design, with a lot of detail. Your soldiers are pretty impressive also.

Thanks, I wanted to make the soldiers look capable.

Great job! I am not sure about the pyramid roof used in the centre however, i think it extends out too far from the tower.

The pyramid roof was something that bothered me during build. I wasn't sure how to do it, and looks a little too "samurai"-y for me.

I want to see it in real bricks.

Steve

If only! :laugh:

Great design! I like it a lot as it feels intimidating! I also I like its inner asymmetry and generally the whole MOC looks like it came from a high budget Asian-themed movie! Also great choice of minifigs. And one thing that you already know : BlueRender ftw!!!