murphy_slaw

The Shameful Confessions Thread

First time I met one of my LEGO friends from Eurobricks in real life I brought over my old Bionicles and Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. He wasn't very disappointed but his girlfriend made fun of me the whole time. :sadnew:

I spend like all my time in the Andromeda's Gate forum, even though there are like 10 people who regularly post

I do this too. :look:

I have a small number of clone parts and megablocks. If I can get away with it, I stick them on the inside of mocs rather than wasting actual Lego on stuff that's just structural but will never get seen. Some of the clone parts have more grip strength than Lego.

My brother was hugely into the Megablocks Dragons theme, and we actually have a substantial collection from this theme's earliest days. I confess I didn't find the first stuff so bad... but I was much younger then.

I also acknowledge that most of my love for the Lego Insectoids theme stems from nostalgia, rather than inherent merit to the theme. But I'm allowed to have my own little biases, damnit! :tongue:

I didn't buy any of the Galaxy Squad sets on principle, and I regret this decision.

I'm happy new Bionicles got canceled. I don't think that the designers ever really knew what made the first few waves so good, and they didn't recapture the magic in this new wave... although I must give them some credit in that it appeared they tried.

I am absolutely terrible at organizing my Lego.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I used to be into MegaBlocks too, before I got into LEGO. I loved the Pirates line, especially when they did some sets based on Pirates of the Caribbean. I still have some of that stuff, but I don't think any of the sets are still in one piece.

I used to be into MegaBlocks too, before I got into LEGO. I loved the Pirates line, especially when they did some sets based on Pirates of the Caribbean. I still have some of that stuff, but I don't think any of the sets are still in one piece.

We (and I say we because it was mostly my brother. :poke: ) also got some of the Megablocks PotC stuff. We got Davy Jone's heart set as a birthday gift. It never got built. :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I'm buy more sets than I assemble. ~20 sets (medium to large mostly) in the backlog :sadnew:

Here is my shameful confession: I have actually given some serious thought to getting a Lepin version of Green Grocer, Cafe Corner, SSD, (insert other discontinued Lego set now worth hundreds or thousands in the aftermarket)

I'm building a Lepin Town Hall at the moment and I feel guilty about how much I'm enjoying it.

I enjoy sorting sets I'm going to sell, putting all of each pieces together in big lumps is incredibly satisfying.

I get more excited when I get a bulk of random legos more than a new set. Just the joy of not knowing what you're gonna get. It's like digging in a gold mine.

Edited by Lego_Girl

Last week I needed a silver plastic body so I brassoed a Captain Phasma...

Sorry Captain....

Edited by Sebiron

Last week I needed a silver plastic body so I brassoed a Captain Phasma...

Sorry Captain....

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."

I do this too. :look:

I have a small number of clone parts and megablocks. If I can get away with it, I stick them on the inside of mocs rather than wasting actual Lego on stuff that's just structural but will never get seen.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Don't feel bad, it was hasblows kreo line that led me back to lego, darn TF franchise. I had almost the first 2 building set waves & the first 2 blind bag fig waves. Course then got the wife as much of the D&D line as i could, but that was when product supply for everything locally got spotty n no one had any new stuff

Back story: (here in my region of canada, all stores without thier own supply depo chain, even wally has to get their goods from one of a handfull of private middle man depo's, which for 14 months thier inv were bought out by wally world, and put on hold clogging depo's n depriving the new kid, target, from getting new release stock)

. I also may have a tendency to ramble.... whoo a squirl :)