Kingslayer

Updating Your Minifigs

9 hours ago, Robianco said:

I'd switched out the male generic hair for the tousled Mutt hair a while ago but once I had the chance to switch everything over to the new Han hair I was on it in a flash.

It's the Bespin dark blue jacket figure that really benefits the most for me.

I ordered 10 of the wavy Han hair and replaced all my New Hope and Empire Hans with that hair.  I left the Jedi sets Han with the tousled hair.

10 hours ago, Robianco said:

It's the Bespin dark blue jacket figure that really benefits the most for me.

Because he looks just like the old Kenner action figure :-)

So now that there's this photo out featuring Captain Phasma without her helmet (potential spoilers!), I think it's finally time to give her Lego form a proper face too (unless and until we get an official one, at any rate).

Spoiler

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/star_wars/star-wars-the-last-jedi-cast-feature-on-vanity-fairs-covers-first-look-at-captain-phasma-unmasked-a151344

The messy hair seems to be the most stand-out feature, and since I happened to have the hairpiece from Series 16 Dog Show Winner at hand, that was my first choice and I think it works quite well indeed. For the face I used Jyn Erso as a stand-in, and that already proved good enough (the hair really sells it), but I'm actually planning to go with the female O'Hara from 853651 (TLBM Accessory set) for a more stern and wearied look. Since I don't have the latter set though (nor a camera at the present), would anyone with the pieces be willing to try it out and see how those pieces would work together with the Phasma body?

In regards to helmet less Captain Phasma

I'm glad its just Gwendoline Christie and they didnt try to do some crazy twist. I feel like we will get a huge twist in the Last Jedi on top of the twist of who Rey and Finn are, and to me this reinforces it. 

Why doesn't TLG just print a visor-down and a visor-up face for OT X-Wing pilots? Really the visors are supposed to move, so it seems like if they don't want to apply the TFA mold to OT pilots, they could at least take advantage of it by giving better alternate faces.

Hey there, does anybody recommend a good face and/or hairpiece for the Rogue One character Melshi? I would try the moustachioed head from the LBM police accessory set but in my opinion the moustache is a bit too thick. I cannot find a pic of him without his helmet, but he has a sort of buzz cut. I honestly have no idea which hairpiece to use but you guys would probably have better luck. Thanks for the help. 

Here's the pic

I want to make a custom Melshi minifig too. At the moment I think I will use Poe Dameron head piece but I keep searching for a better one.
EDIT : Which legs do you plan to use ? I think Newt Scamander legs would be fine but they're pretty expensive...

Ramses25

Edited by Ramses25

12 hours ago, Ramses25 said:

I want to make a custom Melshi minifig too. At the moment I think I will use Poe Dameron head piece but I keep searching for a better one.
EDIT : Which legs do you plan to use ? I think Newt Scamander legs would be fine but they're pretty expensive...

Ramses25

I may have found some better heads (This one, this one and this one.)and I think the blue Cassian torso would go good with the new legs. I still don't know which hairpiece to use; which one are you using?

Edited by Koralunderthesea

I don't plan to give him an hairpiece because he have very, very, very short hair. I will go with a tan rebel Hoth cap.

The Cassian Andor legs is a good Idea, but Melshi will be better with dark brown legs : tumblr_oim6ufrBUO1uk3u86o1_500.jpg

And I like the last face piece you choose ;)

Ramses25

On 2017-5-26 at 2:00 PM, Ramses25 said:

Ramses25

This what I'm going with, but I know I need a head with a more scraggly beard!

20170527_19502920170527_195116

9 hours ago, xSilent-Commando said:

I found an idea of Captain Phasma's hair... Hopefully the release it in Tan than Light Yellow. :)

18698894_682787815246424_1043101639_o.jp

18720711_682787795246426_1763006686_o.jp

In my opinion, that phasma hair looks great and I plan on using it until I get perhaps the cmf dog show guy. By the way, if the Ninjago movie sets come out before TLJ sets, I would recommend using Cole's or Nyas hair for a more accurate Rose. 

Pabo Hidalgo says:

"We will see the face of Captain Phasma in The Last Jedi, but the face from the photograph, in which she appears next to Kylo Ren and General Hux, does not represent her appearance in the movie."

Captain Phasma won't have Gwendoline Christie's real face and will be different in the film, but Phasma is officially re-confirmed as still have woman features... I think Lego will give her a black head to prevent spoilers?

I would like to give my Poe Dameron a new face, because the official one have a beard that Poe doesn't have at all in the movie. Any idea ?

Ramses25

Got to go with that coiffed hair look on the left. When you see that it just screams smooth talking cad lando. The hair on the right is a great piece but a bit generic for charismatic ladies man Lando.

On 5/28/2017 at 5:37 AM, xSilent-Commando said:

Commander Cody?...

Looks a bit like this guy from BF2. 

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, JDbricks said:

Looks a bit like this guy from BF2. 

Reveal hidden contents

That image is completely fake btw. The blaster has the wrong name completely AND the clone helmet gives it away as the helmet gives it away. It has a similar helmet to the lego one. I actually just got the Republic Fighter Tank today for only £8 and decided to buy 9 and sell them at £15 each on eBay lol. I kept one for myself. :) It was a pricing error at Tesco. The Bounty Hunter battlepack was £8.99 (Microfighter price) so I bought 2 of them and will be selling them as well as I got both my FO and BH Battlepacks on May 5th earlier.

13 hours ago, Ramses25 said:

I would like to give my Poe Dameron a new face, because the official one have a beard that Poe doesn't have at all in the movie. Any idea ?

Ramses25

If you are looking for a bit more of a slightly darker skin tone I would recommend using this and this. The first one works because the stubble is a bit less heavy, but altogether I couldn't find a good light nougat headpiece

10 hours ago, xSilent-Commando said:

That image is completely fake btw. The blaster has the wrong name completely AND the clone helmet gives it away as the helmet gives it away. It has a similar helmet to the lego one. I actually just got the Republic Fighter Tank today for only £8 and decided to buy 9 and sell them at £15 each on eBay lol. I kept one for myself. :) It was a pricing error at Tesco. The Bounty Hunter battlepack was £8.99 (Microfighter price) so I bought 2 of them and will be selling them as well as I got both my FO and BH Battlepacks on May 5th earlier.

I suspected it was fake. I didn't noticed the blaster name was wrong at first, I'm convinced now. 

Nice find, I've never had that happen with the price being wrong. 

Hi !
I have a question : Which face and hairpiece would you suggest for a General Draven minifigure ?
Thanks !

Ramses25

5 hours ago, Ramses25 said:

Hi !
I have a question : Which face and hairpiece would you suggest for a General Draven minifigure ?
Thanks !

Ramses25

Mr incredible hair and general cracken face