Sir Gareth

Future Marvel Superheroes Rumors & Speculation

Not sure if this has been brought up, but with the likely 5-6 Infinity war sets we'll get, I can see us getting Thanos in multiple sets. The Age of Ultron wave featured Hulk in two sets, and multiple iterations of Ultron. Is it possible maybe we would get a large, flagship set with Thanos as well as another medium-price set? Maybe variations of him, or variations of the Gauntlet hand (with or without stones)? A battle-damaged Thanos would complete everything I want from this wave.

On a side note, with the possibility of seeing the Black Order show up in sets, Im just putting it out there that I think it's kind of cool to be building not only the roster of Avengers in the film, but also collecting sets to get a team of villains rather than building an army of foot soldiers. It hasn't been done for Marvel so much, unless you count the Sinister Six.

3 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

A battle-damaged Thanos would complete everything I want from this wave

For real? He's like the least likely character to be battle damaged :wink:

21 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

For real? He's like the least likely character to be battle damaged :wink:

Not in this film (Infinity war) probably on the next one. 

32 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

Maybe variations of him, or variations of the Gauntlet hand (with or without stones)? A battle-damaged Thanos would complete everything I want from this wave.

collecting sets to get a team of villains rather than building an army of foot soldiers. It hasn't been done for Marvel so much, unless you count the Sinister Six.

It is very unlikely, because he's the baddest on this film like @Quicksilver838 battle damage is kinda off. Probably without armor (remember that IW concept art) in the teaser. I like the idea of black order scattered on different sets! 

33 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Not in this film (Infinity war) probably on the next one. 

It is very unlikely, because he's the baddest on this film like @Quicksilver838 battle damage is kinda off. Probably without armor (remember that IW concept art) in the teaser. I like the idea of black order scattered on different sets! 

I could imagine a £12 set with an Avenger fighting an exclusive Black Order, and a large set with Black Dwarf (big fig) and one other. As for Thanos, I agree with Aegis, one in a smaller set, one with the Infinity Gauntlet in the biggest set. Or maybe just Thanos in the biggest set, more motivation to buy it

Just to clarify, I am keen on the idea of getting more than one set with Thanos. However, the battle-damaged variants never happen; that was a little bit of wishful thinking on my part there.

Edited by Aegis2000

4 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Just to clarify, I am keen on the idea of getting more than one set with Thanos. However, the battle-damaged variants never happen; that was a little bit of wishful thinking on my part there.

Well battle damaged Avengers could definitely happen, would love to see at least battle damage Iron Man and Cap

41 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Well battle damaged Avengers could definitely happen, would love to see at least battle damage Iron Man and Cap

This give me high hopes. For sure we'll get another variant for both heroes (figs). I personally wanted to see Ironman's GoTG from the comics. How bout you guys?

39 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

This give me high hopes. For sure we'll get another variant for both heroes (figs). I personally wanted to see Ironman's GoTG from the comics. How bout you guys?

I suppose that would be a cool armour, but I personally never liked its helmet. Heard rumours of the Asgardian Armour appearing, but personally I'd like him to wear an adaption of Model 40 or Model 42

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Man_Armor_Model_40

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Man_Armor_Model_42

Edited by Quicksilver838

2 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I suppose that would be a cool armour, but I personally never liked its helmet. Heard rumours of the Asgardian Armour appearing, but personally I'd like him to wear an adaption of Model 40 or Model 42

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Man_Armory_Model_40

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Man_Armory_Model_42

Yep I agree with you helmet kinda sux on this one. As for the Asgardian armor rumor I know that RDJ is not the person behind posting that (Yes, I know it's his account verified and legit. but actually there's account managerwhos posting all of it. It's been talked awhile because it always happens that account always provide misleading info) 

That Armor 40 is the Bones in MCU, am I correct? 

10 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yep I agree with you helmet kinda sux on this one. As for the Asgardian armor rumor I know that RDJ is not the person behind posting that (Yes, I know it's his account verified and legit. but actually there's account managerwhos posting all of it. It's been talked awhile because it always happens that account always provide misleading info) 

That Armor 40 is the Bones in MCU, am I correct? 

In the MCU yes, I fixed the links, the one I'm referring to is a really heavy red/gold armour with a lot of arc reactors and extra thrusters on his back

The other is the black/gold combo armour that appeared in Marvel Now!

40 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

In the MCU yes, I fixed the links, the one I'm referring to is a really heavy red/gold armour with a lot of arc reactors and extra thrusters on his back

The other is the black/gold combo armour that appeared in Marvel Now!

Can't wait to have a different colored Ironman armor.  There's alot missing. I'm still hoping for Mk 1 man. we shoulld really get that one!

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Can't wait to have a different colored Ironman armor.  There's alot missing. I'm still hoping for Mk 1 man. we shoulld really get that one!

In a goodybag or book of sorts, hopefully

Edited by Quicksilver838

I know everyone is talking about the possibility of Infinity War sets, which I feel are almost certain, but I'm keeping my hopes up for some Black Panther sets.  I need myself an Ulysses Klaue fig, though if we get a set, we'd most likely get Killmonger.  Still, a guy can dream...

1 hour ago, Dr Axels said:

I know everyone is talking about the possibility of Infinity War sets, which I feel are almost certain, but I'm keeping my hopes up for some Black Panther sets.  I need myself an Ulysses Klaue fig, though if we get a set, we'd most likely get Killmonger.  Still, a guy can dream...

This is the problem if we only get 1 set. 

Great example is Beware the vulture set too good too be true. But it happens we got 2 protagonist, 2 antagonist. If that happens with the black panter set then we're allgood.

1 hour ago, Dr Axels said:

I feel like the possibilities for a BP set are Black Panther, Erik Killmonger, Man Ape, Ulysses Klaue and a Dora Milaje soldier

Finally saw gotg2 and i hope we'll get a watcher eventually. sdcc material maybe?

I hope a Watcher wouldn't be an SDCC giveaway; Watchers preside over important events, definitely including the upcoming Infinity War. I could totally see a promo near the time of/ a minifigure in the Infinity War sets.

On 5/14/2017 at 10:27 AM, Aegis2000 said:

However, the battle-damaged variants never happen; that was a little bit of wishful thinking on my part there.

Technically, we have gotten (at least) one battle damaged variant of another MCU figure; Nebula's GotG vol. 2 Lego figure has the same outfit as her GotG figure, but with damage added from the Battle of Xandar.

And Thor is getting two figures in the same line where one fig is identical to the other but with a stripe of paint added, which isn't "battle damage" but is kinda close in principle.

On May 15, 2017 at 0:01 PM, Quicksilver838 said:

I feel like the possibilities for a BP set are Black Panther, Erik Killmonger, Man Ape, Ulysses Klaue and a Dora Milaje soldier

With an actual panther OR that statue in the post credit scene of CA:CW they could use the new panther/tiger/leopard in the city sets.

Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 trailer revealed a lot of minifigures that haven't been seen before, like Mysterio, Enchantress, a ton of Spider verse minifigures. But new and updated buildable big Groot is the most interesting one. Does it mean Lego will use this design for Groot in IW sets? It happened in the past, usually games reveal new looks for characters that usually come out next year. Thoughts?

Edited by benderisgreat

It's a toss up. Some of them did end up being used for actual minifigs but a lot of them (Storm and Cyclops immediately come to mind) either didn't look like the eventual toys, or haven't been released period.

16 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 trailer revealed a lot of minifigures that haven't been seen before, like Mysterio, Enchantress, a ton of Spider verse minifigures. But new and updated buildable big Groot is the most interesting one. Does it mean Lego will use this design for Groot in IW sets? It happened in the past, usually games revel new looks for characters that usually come out next year. Thoughts?

Possible, that's what happened in the others. Can happen again. Haven't watch the trailer yet anyone care to provide screenies? I'm at work :hmpf_bad:

I think that Mysterio is a very likely option due to the fact that they can use the Ninjago Movie mold for the dome. 

Just now, Kevii23 said:

I think that Mysterio is a very likely option due to the fact that they can use the Ninjago Movie mold for the dome. 

That bubble helmet piece was first introduced for Sandy the Squirrel in the SpongeBob theme.

I know, but there weren't Super Hero sets when those came out and if you're mass producing them right now, why not put them in more themes.