Sign in to follow this  
GregD

Modular Bakery

http://www.flickr.co...os/97858998@N07 Here are some pictures of my modular bakery, it's my first own build. Since it's copied from GG can hardly call it an MOC. Really makes me appreciate real MOCs and the huge amount of work and obtaining the bricks, since even the bakery on the ground floor took a lot more planning than I had thought.

So I wasn't content with the full modular collection, I wanted to go further (like many others it seems) - I'm fairly useless at designing my own so looked around for instructions to buy, but in the end felt that an actual Lego design would fit better on the street, even though it's a double (GG is my favourite). Changed colours and a number of little things here and there.

Mostly thanks to minifigs I created a number of firsts for the series: -

Medium lavender for front of building

First blonde hair (bright light yellow)

Construction worker

Old female hair with pigtails

Medium azure for woman's trousers

Dalmatian, seagull

Bright pink on veranda and entrance

Adding the minifigures was the fun part with so many torsos and colours to choose from now - think there's a good chance either the dalmation or seagull will be in future Lego modulars.

Chose a bakery for a few reasons - since they have a winter bakery and a Friends bakery I didn't think a modular bakery will be any time soon. Also the pieces - breadsticks, cupcakes, pretzels etc are easily available. And a street needs a bakery - so if a bakery comes out in future... - oh well, they'll just have to be in competition with each other. And I'm happy to have the chef figure from 1979 snack bar set 375.

The middle floor and top floor interior are at best average - I'm limited with bricks, but happy with it - more residential space.

I think sand purple would have been the best building colour (retired colour from Life on Mars), but bricks to do it are just not available - also considered sand red, medium dark flesh masonry pieces, and olive. Only coloured the front of course, dark bluish gray on the other sides. Straight after I built it I thought the medium lavender was too garish, but it's settled on me and have now added it to my street... Got the bug now, my next modular I might even try to design myself, or copy little things I like from other modulars - choosing between fishmonger, butcher and toy shop. Thanks for looking...

post-15886-0-21063400-1374445732_thumb.jpg

Looks very nice 'GregD', a different take on the Green Grocer design.......could you deep link the pictures and rotate them please......it makes me feel that it's the photography from Battlefield Earth. :blush:

Anyway, great work and Brick On 'GregD' ! :grin:

Thanks LT - sure will have a look into deep linking tomorrow night, I never heard of it until now, just did a quick search. Totally useless with photos - couldn't even get my profile pic the right way up!