Sign in to follow this  
Hrw-Amen

Alien Conquest

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

alien_fighter_c.jpgadu_command_vehicle_c.jpgadu_vehicles_b.jpg

I have now made a vehicle for my ADU commander to ride around in in a similar manner to a WWII officer in a jeep. It looks pretty good in convoy with the other ADU vehicles based around the same chasis. I am thinking of making a similarly fronted hoover bike if I can so that they all fit into the same theme.

I also made a small alien fighter ship to go up against the ADU. It is slightly chunkier than the official LEGO one, what do you think?

Edited by Bob De Quatre

Troop transport is very important! Most of my space based MOCs had room for multiple minifigs. One thing that's unrealistic about Lego sets is that most of them only have room for one.

The photos are not very clear, but from what I can tell the models look a pretty solid effort, and seem to fit in nicely with the official sets. :thumbup:

Thank you for your replies.

I have to admit I am not a good model photographer. I do like photography and take loads of pictures most days but have never been able to get good at taking pictures of small models. It is something that I have struggled with for years, my other main hobby is W40K which obviously is very model intensive and I often post pictures in a forum I visit for that, however I find that my pictures are usually not that good. Not sure why, I tried all sorts of methods, but I just can't seem to get it. It was the same in the days of proper film as well so not something specific to digital. I would take loads of shots get them developed and half of them in spite of spending ages setting them up would just be blurred patches of colour. Nowadays it is not so expensive as I can just delete them, but just as annoying.

Anyhow tonight I hope to have a go at the hooverbike unless my wife has some chores for me to do, which I hope not! Thanks again.

adu_hoover_bike_c.jpgadu_hoover_bike_b.jpgadu_hoover_bike_a.jpg

Now we have the ADU Hoover bike attached using the same distinctive nose section as the other vehicles in order to tie it all in.

I am trying to come with a slightly larger truck and would be interested to see what anyone else has. I am probably going to end up with a normal City type truck cab the way things are going though.

Edited by Hrw-Amen

I like the troop transport vehicle the most, thought the last one, that small flyer is not bad ! :wink:

Could we get to see more shots of the wheeled vehicles ?

Keep on hunting those aliens ! :grin:

Awesome modifications! I like the variety, but my favourite is the troop vehicle, just like everyone else :tongue:

Thank you for your replies.

I have to admit I am not a good model photographer. I do like photography and take loads of pictures most days but have never been able to get good at taking pictures of small models. It is something that I have struggled with for years, my other main hobby is W40K which obviously is very model intensive and I often post pictures in a forum I visit for that, however I find that my pictures are usually not that good. Not sure why, I tried all sorts of methods, but I just can't seem to get it. It was the same in the days of proper film as well so not something specific to digital. I would take loads of shots get them developed and half of them in spite of spending ages setting them up would just be blurred patches of colour. Nowadays it is not so expensive as I can just delete them, but just as annoying.

Use your 'auto focus' settings to help reduce any blurring and if you want to do 'close up' shots, check to see if you camera has a 'macro' setting. Keeps things in focus even at very close range.

Troop transport is very important! Most of my space based MOCs had room for multiple minifigs. One thing that's unrealistic about Lego sets is that most of them only have room for one.

And they don't usually have room for weapon storage, either. Blasters, lightsabers, etc., either don't fit, or they just 'bounce around'. Not good. :thumbdown:

I like the concept of your vehicles, 'Hrw-Amen'. Reminds me of Warhammer 40K and all of the Rhino variants, etc. Totally dig the hover-bike, too. Nice job. :classic:

Edited by Ogre