Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Batboat vs. Hovercraft

I recently purchased 7780 Batboat: Hunt for Killer Croc, and discovered a number of differences between it and the hovercraft in 7045 Hovercraft Hideout making me almost like the Hovercraft better. To compare the sets:

- Hovercraft Hideout sold for $30 (USD) with 268 pieces. The Barboat sells for $20 (USD) with 188 pieces.

- Both sets have two figs (Batboat: Batman and Killer Croc), and (Hovercraft: The guy I call Captain Nemo and a World City crook).

- The Batboat includes two smaller boats, Batman's and Killer Croc's). Hovercraft includes only one smaller boat and a really nice dock building.

- Differences between the Batboat and the Hovercraft: Batboat has no wheels. Hovercraft does. I like the wheels. The Hovercraft has a mechansim that shoots the smaller boat (as does the dock). The Batboat does not. Both boats have a tail section (two connected engines) that turn together, but the Batboat has the batwing pieces attached. Engines are different. Both boats use the rubber bumber pieces around the bases.

I like the Hunt for Killer Croc, esp. the black Batboat. But considering that the Batboat does not have wheels or the shooting mechanism for the smaller boat, I was somewhat disappointed. The Batboat set is missing a small Killer Croc hideout that would have helped make the set. But I do like paying $10 less for the Batboat.

Both sets are nice, but if I had to choose one or the other (unless your really into Batman), I would probably go for the Hovercraft Hideout. I'm still looking forward to the Batcave though!

7780-1-1141885152.jpg

7045-1-1064997038.jpg

It was the hovercraft set that really hit the colour change home hard for me... It looks great, nice figs, nice accessories, a nice dock(!) but all in bley. I didn't get and I've blamed lego ever since ;-) Great comparison btw!

Thanks and God Bless,

Nathan

In addition, their are no places on the batboat to put the accessories.

-l2k-

It was the hovercraft set that really hit the colour change home hard for me... It looks great, nice figs, nice accessories, a nice dock(!) but all in bley. I didn't get and I've blamed lego ever since ;-)

Actually, the Hideout was released in 2003. It has the old-gray.

The colour change happened in 2004...

@ Brickster: Thanks for the review. Now I know in advance what I will have to change on the Batboat.

I might just keep the Hideout instructions close when I get the 7780.