Sign in to follow this  
Plastic Nurak

MB Probuilder? A delusion

I knew that PB line is by many considered the gem of Megabrands Megabloks building toy. I had seen in my town Toys Center a 3265 Supersonic GT and, I confess, I was curious about this apparently cool model. So, back in home, I did search in MB site 3265 building instructions, before I went -insanely- to buy it, and... disappointed :sceptic: . Too many <insert that tiresome argument> parts, too many brick on brick construction. Old Hobby Sets, with their old fashioned look, are more interesting from a building point of view than those "cool" PB sets :thumbup: . So, I've not ran the risk of megablokizing me, thanks to... MB site :tongue::classic: .

Lego is ever the best, death to clones and shame on Merdabloks.

Edited by Plastic Nurak

Buy some Struxx instead. Seriously awesome stuff.

Very interesting. Thanks for the info. But I guess these sest aren't available in Italy or, at least, in NW Sardinia stores :sceptic: .

Some non Lego sets are really quite useful. I tend to avoid the Pro Builder sets due to thier price and subjects, not really my kind of thing, but the Dragons sets have great accessories.

Far from cheapest.

It is cheaper, but the ProBuilder sets cover a theme and scale I am not interested in. Just like Lego, I only buy sets of a theme I enjoy.

Probuilder is a shadow of it's former self. Probuilder used to be the place to go to build huge brick-built models with few <insert that tiresome argument> parts. 1200 piece Warships, 2400 piece submarines (I have this one), huge cars, etc. Now, more <insert that tiresome argument> parts have crept in, and you've got to be more selective.

I own two Megabloks sets, both Probuilder. My 2400 piece "Sea Wolf" sub is a good example of a non-<insert that tiresome argument> kit. I also have the steam express, which, though mostly brickbuilt with over 1200 pieces, does have 8 large <insert that tiresome argument> parts that make up the boiler. It's a good example of the transition that happened over time.

These days it pays to look really closely to see what you're getting, as "Pro-Builder" is not necessarily synonymous with Brickbuilt anymore.

, too many brick on brick construction.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by this. If you mean lots of basic bricks, then I would avoid probuilder. Probuilder models have always had alot of classic style brick construction in them.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by this. If you mean lots of basic bricks, then I would avoid probuilder. Probuilder models have always had alot of classic style brick construction in them.

Yes, I did mean it. At the outward appaerance they're cool models, in the inside they're trivial and annoying :thumbdown: .

Far from cheapest.

I'm wrong, I used superlative in the place of relative :blush: .

Edited by Plastic Nurak