Sign in to follow this  
Darkness Falls

CLASH of the TITANS!

I didn't know where else to put this, so here it is:

Ever since the Great Historical Lego War went to hell, I've been wondering why. Its because people were trying to bring in other LEGO lines when the war was strictly Pirates-based only. So I've decided to create a new story... one to shake the Eurobricks Comunity forever! I give you...

CLASH of the TITANS!

The Story:

An extremely talented scientist of the LEGO CITY line came across a shocking discovery. He could bend the very bricks of time and space to open up demensional wormholes, allowing one to travel from time to time, world to world. He built a machine and decided he would test it himself, but the results of using the technology were unknown. He confidently pushed the power button, letting loose a wormhole that randomly switched from demension to demension, allowing all sorts of people and things to come into the LEGO CITY. They all want one thing, though... to rule over the others!

The Game:

You may choose whatever LEGO line you wish to have as your own and command your troops to attack, making the world fall to your knees brick by brick!

ATTENTION: ONLY SERIOUS PLAYERS SHOULD PLAY THIS GAME. THE RULES MIGHT BE TOO COMPLEX FOR CERTAIN PLAYERS TO UNDERSTAND. READ THE RULES AND SEE IF YOU UNDERSTAND. DO NOT TRY TO PLAY IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE RULES.

The Rules:

You may start out with an army of one hundred basic units(Ask if you don't know what a basic unit from your line would be) Six Heroes(Characters with names, etc.) one hundred bricks, and one vehicle. If you wish to have more, go to the Demensional Brick Portal to bring more of your kind in.

Brick Portal rules:

You can only bring in One Hero or Ten Basic units per post.

You may only use the Brick Portal after five posts after your last Portal use.

You can only use the Portal five times in a row before you must leave.

To construct a vehicle, you must steal bricks from an enemy(by defeating them in battle) or robbing a Brick Bank.

Brick Stealing Rules:

If you defeat an enemy, all their bricks belong to you.

Brick Bank Rules:

Every Brick Bank has Five Hundred bricks.

To Construct a Vehicle:

A vehicle from your LEGO line is the only type you can construct. See how many bricks are in the set and subtract that from your brick number. Then you will have that vehicle.

ONE BRICK COUNTS AS ANY PIECE.

Creatures like Old Dragons, Dinosaurs, or others take however many bricks they are made of. You must build animals, bikes, skateboards, and others.

To Construct a Fortress:

A fortress is any shelter or place from your line where units can be held.

Once a fortress is built, you may put any amount of units inside and travel to other areas without bringing them along. They will stay in the area their fortress is built in.

Look at the amount of bricks needed to built the fortress on the set box and subtract it from your bricks.

Building a fortress takes ten posts.

Battles:

Battles take place when one player challenges another player to a battle while they're both in the same area. An Area is one of these ten places:

CITY

VIKINGLANDS

SKYHOOK

MORCIA

MATA-NUI

MARS

EARTH NATION

HOGWARTS GROUNDS

PIRATE ISLAND

???

Each area has Five brick banks.

The other player may decline the offer, but must sacrifice five bricks in order to do so.

When a battle is accepted, the players must start the battle with the challenger's first move.

A move is exectued when a player posts a messege descirbing their attack and giving the opponent two choices. Like so...

My four stormtroopers open fire against five of your Visorak. You may either...

A)Let the Visorak take the hits and die

B)Let one dodge the lasers while his comrades die.

You must give the opponent one choice that will result in one unit being spared or wounded, not killed.

A battle ends when twenty units have perished.

Once a battle ends, the victor takes all of the loser's bricks.

So there you go. Star Wars is off limits, for I've taken it already.

Please close if too stupid.

Sound excellent I will have vikings If i can. Wait if you have 4 guys can you only kill 4 guys. Or if i had a dragon how many guys could i kill.

Well im going to take pirates..those rules are super, your awsome at making games dude.... Im not sure if I quite understand the battle rules..More examples please...So yah great! Rules are strict and good!

Well im going to take pirates..those rules are super, your awsome at making games dude.... Im not sure if I quite understand the battle rules..More examples please...So yah great! Rules are strict and good!

Yes i completly agree. The rules are strict but it is mor flexible because you can be any lego system. Also more on the battle system please.

well if i may make a few suggestions.

1. certain themes have alot more sets than others so it might not be completely fair to some people who join later and get lesser themes. I would reccomend the ability to use fictional models for a fixed and large brick cost, say 700 bricks. or certain people using themes with 4 or less sets could maybe adopt two small themes.

2. certain themes have obvious special abilities. Rock raiders can obviously dig and mine, aqua and hydro-nauts can dive, time cruisers/twisters can time travel, various space themes are examplary at exploring, adventurers are also great at archeology and exploring and ninjas are like spys and could steal bricks without having to kill armies of men. I feel we need to exploit these abilities for a more diverse and interesting game.

3. obviously space themes are very powerful and could easily squash the pirates, vikings and other historic themes like bugs, so it might be most fair to allow people to pick one futristic theme and one historic theme.

just some ideas

you know what theme i want to call obviously, but there are so few sets in that theme, so i will temporarily call it till i get feedback on my rule mods. And i am entrely against god modding and in the great historical lego war i played the time twisters aswell and made my situation very dire, i couldnt time travel, had a miniscule army and relied on other nations for support.

anyway if i get that theme, my simple unit would be a ghost with a wand and suitcase.

also what would a fortress be for me?? the twisted time train is kind of both a shelter and a vehicle, maybe if you dont consider my rule changes that could be an advantage for me.

i really love this. Great Idea and kudos to you Darkness Falls. I feel the rules are a little strange and hence the thread might be alot shorter than the great historical lego war but im sure it will be great fun anyway.

If you were to have a group of four figures attacking one minifigure, there would only be one option: Death. A Hero unit can attack three different units or have a different action in one post. For Example:

My Hero Unit(Boba Fett) attacks One Visorak. It dies, considering the Hero Unit is much more powerful.

Next, my Hero unit takes into the sky and Fires at three Visorak. They can...

A) Be Killed

B) Two are killed while one leaps out of the way.

Chooses to Defend Third Turn.

As to Vehicles, they must have at least one pilot or, if a creature, can attack on their own. They can make two turns in a post, meaning attack or defend.

NEW RULE:

Your Hero and Vehicle Units may choose to defend in one of their turns, which allows them to escape being attacked for one turn.

As to John Cleese, I disagree. Every Theme has its strengths and weaknesses. If a Dino Attack vehicle deicdes to attack a dragon, the attack will wound or kill, just like the Dragon's attack.

Will post more rules soon.

ok thats fine, i thought i would just make that suggestion. But what about the specail abilities thing and the set number compensation idea? Also the time cruisers and twisters are rivals but are the only time travel themes and not many people like them, can i perhaps swipe both? ill only have 7 sets, which isn't alot.

Do you meen they get like 2 actions such as attack and attack or defend and attack. Can you are two diferent armies and recreate a battle scene. Also i think viachles and creatures and such should be more powerful than heroes since it will be harder to get enough pieces for such things.

what I dont understand is why you would decide for all you men too die..Instead of keeping one..Whats that all about?

Isn't it obvious? A wounded unit will be killed immediately if anyone attacks it, it has no choice. You could withdraw the unit from the battle, but that would take one turn, which takes place after the enemy's next post. So you could either prolong the unit's death or let all your units be killed immediately.

Vehicles do not have to give the choice of Letting a unit free.

John Cleese:

Each line has a specail ability. All lines with boats can go to the All Water Area: The Sea. Time Twisters can travel back in time, interrogating five units and bringing them to ally with the Time Twisters. All Space themes can travel to Mars to battle. Rock Raiders can drill underground to the secret level: Rock Mines. Ask me about other lines and their specail abilites. These specail ablilites are only applied when a line has at least one vehicle.

Lines that are small, such as Time Twisters and Spongebob do not get second lines. Vehicles from your line can be built more than once, just like every other player. A Ghost with a wand would be a good Basic Unit, but tell me what your Hero unit is.

Large Vehicles(Over 200 bricks) can act as small fortresses, carrying up to one half of how many units you have all together. Two Vehicles can store your enitre force.

CUSTOM VEHICLES can be accessed, if they are of the same color scheme and pieces as your line. You can look on Brickshelf for Custom Vehicles and send a picture to me. I will give it a Brick Amount.

Dragon King:

About Vehicles and Creatures: while larger and using up bricks, they are also machines piloted by basic units or creatures with minds of their own. Therefore they are wild or, in a machine's case, slow. Two Turns is a fair amount.

NO PLAYER CAN HAVE MORE THAN TWO THEMES.

The Battles will begin as soon as there are five players in the game. I count as one as well, and you can come to the area I'm starting in, the Skyhook, to battle me as a tutorial battle. I'll take you through the battle step by step, reminding you of unfair rules and whatnot. You must start in an area that another player is not in. Once one player has started in every Area, new players may start wherever they wish, but cannot attack someone else for five posts.

ANY PLAYER CAN JOIN AT ANY TIME, BUT ASK ME IF YOUR LINE IS ACCEPTABLE AND WHAT YOUR BASIC UNITS AND HEROES ARE.

my hero unit would be a time twister, you know the guys with the police hatsand eppaulettes. I imagine that i would be at a great disadvantage with only three sets though,wouldnt I?

im not competing, but for those of you who want a more creative role playing game see: collaborative War

John Cleese, You may use Custom Vehicles and build more than three vehicles as well. I though I made that clear.

I must also ask if you find the specail abilities list fair... after all, it was somewhat your idea...

Besides, there are many sets in the lines that are a little unfair, which brings down Vehicle options a little. You're not alone in your complaints. May I ask why you don't want to participate?

i definately want to join now that you cleared things up. The specail abilities are awsome, thanks for adding those!! And my MOC's idea.

ps: i only put my topic here because this is a little more like a RTS game and mine is more of an RPG.

By the way what do you think of my solution to god modding?

Those are great rules, and they're sure to be a foolproof way of ensuring no God-modding. Excellent job, and might I add I shall join your War as soon as everything in CLASH of the TITANS gets cleared up...

You said That no player can have more than two themes. in another part of that post you said that small themes do not get second lines. What does that mean? does it mean another line doesnt automatically come with small themes and you can only have two themes like everybody else? if thats the case then sign me up for ninjas too :smile:

I was simply enofrcing the fact that players cannot have a second line. Themes that have few sets like Avatar, Spongebob, and Time Tiwsters do not get a second line either, but I suppose the similarities between Time Twisters and Time Cruisers are too great to be unnoticed. You mat combine the two lines if you want, John Cleese. :smile:

thanks alot for letting me have the time crisers too. It also just so happens, I made a Time Twisters moc recently, its called the towering time tank. It looks like A building with a motorcycle flying out of the roof and a row boat coming out of the front. I dont have a brickshelf folder yet so it might be awhile before i post it.

and while yor at it i think i get the time twisters specail ability but could you perhaps explain it a bit more indepth, just so i know.

John Cleese: During battle, one of your vehicles turns can be a time travel move, which sends it back in time for one turn and it returns, instantly converting five of the enemy's Basic Units to your side.

sorry i was sent to the torture chamber and havent been able to reply. Anyway it doesnt look like this war topic is going to take off.

Ice Planet 2002, mmmmk? I find that it is one of the more unique space lines. Is that good?

Basic Unit - Blondie

Hero Unit - Chief

What would the special be?

P.S. What type of vehicle do I start with, something big like Deep Freeze Defender, or normal like bthe Blizzard Baron?

P.P.S. Also, I would like a Tut in the Skyhook.