Tarfful

Car Talk

Yup, same with me and the Local clubs, I'm on pretty much all of the local Euro clubs by me, I even own one also! IllinoisEuro.com

Very cool! I'll have to check it. Even ifi'm across the country, its always cool to see the happenings in the V-dub comunity around the country!

And yes, since Fiat bought Chrysler, Fiat is bringing over the 500, and possibly there might also be a few Alfa Romeo models coming Stateside as well!

True that there are no dealerships for Fiat here in the States, But with Buying Chrysler, the Fiat 500 will be sold through the Chrysler Dealership network, as well as serviced through Chrysler.

the latest news I heard was that the 500 will be built in America too, at a re-tooled Chrysler plant.

How cute! :wub: I kinda like that Fiat 500. Top Gear did a film on one. It had some sort of a sport package i believe. It will be interesting to see it in person.

How cute! :wub: I kinda like that Fiat 500. Top Gear did a film on one. It had some sort of a sport package i believe. It will be interesting to see it in person.

Yup, the sport 500 is the Abarth edition.

New_Fiat_500_Abarth_2_Large.jpg

I love those rims. The 500 looks more like a Beetle than a VW Beetle :tongue:

Here's some pics of my car:

2v9ybm1.jpg

v2qk3c.jpg

25ev7g5.jpg

I'm sure some of you master builders out there would have figured out how to fit more in.

Looks like an IS-F to me...

Yep think he said in another post that it was an IS-F; really nice looking car, though maybe he should have brought along an SUV of some sort. :tongue:

Yep think he said in another post that it was an IS-F; really nice looking car, though maybe he should have brought along an SUV of some sort. :tongue:

...and a trailer!

...and a trailer!

And a bunch of their relatives with their own SUVs and trailers :tongue:

Alright don't laugh guys but here is my humble ride, a 2005 Nissan Sentra SE (taken during our "snowstorm" in March this year):

car.jpg

It may not be much, but it means a lot to me because it's my first car I paid off 100% with my own money (besides the $2000 down payment my parents helped me with). Once I graduate college next year and get a high paying job (easier said than done), I plan on getting a 370z. I've also always wanted a motorcycle too, but I think that's off topic here in Car Talk. :tongue:

Nice battle pack collection :tongue:

Nice modest car Posades, nice to hear you fully paid it with your own money :classic:

Good winter, still snow on the ground in april :tongue:

There's snow in Alabama?

Thus the quotes around snowstorm. :tongue: It was the first time snow had stuck on the ground since forever (we had an actual snowstorm in '93 but that's the only time I can remember with over 6 inches on the ground). That's part of the reason I took the photo, once in a lifetime experience haha.

Anyone heard anything about Scions? I was researching the tC, and it was surprisingly the cheapest car that I liked. It wasn't as powerful and didn't have many of the bells and whistles of other cars, but it does have a nice form factor (at least to me). I'm mainly wondering about durability/longevity since my next car I'm hoping to keep forever.

Scions look pretty cool, but they don't have them here in Canada :hmpf: If they did, I'd consider the tc or the xb for my first car.

Thus the quotes around snowstorm. :tongue: It was the first time snow had stuck on the ground since forever (we had an actual snowstorm in '93 but that's the only time I can remember with over 6 inches on the ground). That's part of the reason I took the photo, once in a lifetime experience haha.

Anyone heard anything about Scions? I was researching the tC, and it was surprisingly the cheapest car that I liked. It wasn't as powerful and didn't have many of the bells and whistles of other cars, but it does have a nice form factor (at least to me). I'm mainly wondering about durability/longevity since my next car I'm hoping to keep forever.

Scions are litterally rebadged and reconfigured Toyotas (the exception being, as far as I'm aware, the Tc, which is still a Toyota), and as far as I know, the cars hold a high standard of build-quality and will probably last forever, if kept decent care of. Not sure about how well they will hold their value over time.

I've been looking at getting myself a first-gen Xb myself, when the time to replace my current '96 Mazda 626 1.8 comes around. That'll still be a while, since so far the car is holding up far better than expected, and is very nice to drive, altough lacking excitement.

(taken during our "snowstorm" in March this year)
Now this is just wrong. Even Alabama gets snow, but all South Carolina ever gets is rain?!

*Sigh*

Our only snow melts a few moments after leaving it's clouds. We have even had hail recently, but no snow! :tongue:

Anyway, I'm still browsing around for a car I like. I'm very picky, and want either a Trans-Am ('70's or '80's model), a 1930's pickup truck in good condition (Ford or Chevy), or an old Pantera. Yes, I only like old cars, not a whole lot of newer models.

My dad is, extremely slowly, restoring a 1969 Mustang fastback. We got it years ago because the previous owner no longer needed it for Drag Racing. I'll try to post a pic of it soon, if I can.

Edited by booger540

Now this is just wrong. Even Alabama gets snow, but all South Carolina ever gets is rain?!

My dad is, extremely slowly, restoring a 1969 Mustang fastback. We got it years ago because the previous owner no longer needed it for Drag Racing. I'll try to post a pic of it soon, if I can.

1) You don't get snow because you are in South Carolina

2)I can't wait to see the Mustang. It's my favourite car before the 80's

Snow?...

We get enough of it in Chicago. :hmpf_bad:

It stays on the ground for months, salt all over the roads, ice, and ridiculous cold.

Here is my Car after last winter and doing donuts in my cul-de-sac :grin:

P1020851.jpg

Plus we get the -30 degree days without windchill. :hmpf:

Snow?...

Plus we get the -30 degree days without windchill. :hmpf:

-30 degree farenheit? :oh: My uncle did donuts in our cul de sac too, it was pretty fun :tongue: I'll have to try donuts in snow sometime too, my dad can't do it because he has a van

Edited by prateek

-30 degree farenheit? :oh: My uncle did donuts in our cul de sac too, it was pretty fun :tongue: I'll have to try donuts in snow sometime too, my dad can't do it because he has a van

You do realize -30F is -34C so it's not that big of a difference. :tongue: And I'm sorry for starting all this snow talk.

I got to ride in a 2009 Camaro today. Very cool car. The windows were very small though.

I dunno, for some reason I've never really liked American muscle cars. Although out of all of them the Camaro does seem like the coolest.