Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Indiana Jones Adventure Heroes

For those of you who collect or know about Star Wars Galactic Heroes, Hasbro has just released the new Indiana Jones Adventure Hero Collection. I find these little adventure guys pretty neat with lots of detail and great packaging. I had to pick up the complete Firts Wave. Here's a shot of the firts nine in the collection:

2inchfigures1.jpg

The box, if opened carefully, includes a removable platform that can be used as a great display after Indy has been through all the trips and traps in your house:

2inchfigs1.jpg

Unlike SW Galactic Heroes, these little guys include a few snakes and accessories. This particular item includes the arc with removable lid and ghost:

2inchfigs2.jpg

As an added National Geographic Bonus (I love this stuff!), each figure set includes a map and map sticker. When you collect 6 map stickers, you can redeem them ( plus $4.99) for a special exclusive figure. The exclusive is pictured on the Indiana Jones web site, which is an Indiana on his white horse.

redemption.jpg

Now I'm just debating if I should buy the four new 12" figures - I may pass on these big guys.

Indiana Jones On!

Do you mean that in a good way or a bad way?

It's a good thing as long it puts money in Hasbro's pocket.

Heh, this looks quite cool! Yesterday I watched the first movie and I must say; they are good and now I'm totaly into Indiana Jones. Are you gonna take a picture of each of them? Please? :cry_happy:

Are you gonna take a picture of each of them?

Well, I wasn't planning on it. That's why I took the initial picture of all of them in boxes.

I just saw these at Newbury Comics today. But of course, Newbury is overpriced with this stuff, so I plan on purchasing the Ark Ghost and Belloq at Wal-Mart, Target, where ever they're cheaper. :blush:

Thanks for the pictures! :wub:

I've decided to open two sets of figs each week between now and the end of the month. I'll share pictures as I open each.

Here are two more sets:

2inchfigs3.jpg Indy and the German Mechanic

2inchfigs4.jpg Sallah, Mummy, & the Snake. I love the Mummy!

For those of you interested, enjoy the new figs. I want to open the next two soon so I can redeem the sticksers for the exclusive Indy.

Heh, those are cute little things. That cheeky-looking Hovito is hilarious :laugh: The German mechanic looks great, as does Sallah, but don't recall there being a mummy in any of the movies :sceptic: I can't wait to see the Cairo swordsman pack, Indy has even got his gun :grin:

Thanks for sharing, Brickster :sweet:

The latest addition:

2inchfigs5.jpg Mutt Williams and Irina Spalko

2inchfigs6.jpg Indiana Jones and Col. Dovchenko

I like Irina. Her hands can be moved as well as Mutt's to create some sword battles. There are three left in the collection of nine.

The last three sets of the Indiana Jones Adventure Hero Collection:

2inchfigs7.jpgIndiana Jones and the Ucha Warrior

2inchfigs8.jpgIndiana Jones (Disguised) and Marion Ravenwood (includes snake)

2inchfigs9.jpgIndiana Jones and the Cairo Swordsman

And that just about completes the 9-set collection. Now that I have 6 of the map pieces, I will be ordering the exclusive Indiana Jones on Horse. Will share an image in 10-12 weeks.

EDIT: The Completed Redemption Map:

map1.jpg

Sorry about the double-post, but I received my exclusive Indy Adventure Hero set today and wanted to share some pictures.

Check out this box that I received in the mail:

e01box.jpg

Backside

Front Corner:

e03box3.jpg

Side view:

e02box2.jpg

Inside are the two figs enclosed in plastic:

e04set1.jpg

The white horse:

e06horse.jpg

And Indy:

e07indy.jpg

This concludes my Indiana Jones Adventure Hero Collection. I know that most of you die-hard Lego fans aren't into this stuff, but it was a fun little collection that gets one away form building a bit. Hope you can appreciate Adventure Heroes.

Meh, i wouldnt buy them... too cheeky :laugh:, but these kind of things are always good for collectors. But what kid (the targeted audiance for this, I assume) is going to be interested in an exclusive set through mail orders? At least, I never paid attention to that stuff when I was eight.... :grin:

But what kid (the targeted audiance for this, I assume) is going to be interested in an exclusive set through mail orders? At least, I never paid attention to that stuff when I was eight.... :grin:

Oh, I would definately, and know that a lot of kids love getting things like this in the mail. "Cheeky" makes these fun.

In terms of adult collectors, these are in abundance on the shelves right now, but the Star Wars Galactic Heroes that I also buy are VERY difficult to find. Each wave has about four sets of figs and some are very hard to find. I like to buy them for the fun attribute.

Consider this mail order exclusive like one of those "Secret Decoder Ring"-type items that kids do appreciate.

As an adult-fan, I'm waiting for a vehicle.

Oh, I would definately, and know that a lot of kids love getting things like this in the mail. "Cheeky" makes these fun.

In terms of adult collectors, these are in abundance on the shelves right now, but the Star Wars Galactic Heroes that I also buy are VERY difficult to find. Each wave has about four sets of figs and some are very hard to find. I like to buy them for the fun attribute.

Consider this mail order exclusive like one of those "Secret Decoder Ring"-type items that kids do appreciate.

As an adult-fan, I'm waiting for a vehicle.

Speaking of which, are you going to do a tour of those Star Wars Galactic Heroes sets? It would be awesome, but if you dont have time, Fow-get abou' it...! :grin: