Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

Pirate/Colonial Torso: Brown Vest with Ascot

EDIT: Updated for better quality, download them again if you like them.

This time I took a somewhat uncommon but incredibly useful torso and sketched it in, then played with the colour possibilities a bit. I'm still uncertain of the best way to deal with the gold buckle/button look, but at this point LEGO wasn't using metallic printing, so even the original appears pretty flat.

I've noticed that a lot of LEGO torso patterns vary a lot from one example to another, with identical looking patterns appearing very different when viewed closely. It's surprising sometimes. This was one of those. As always, they're done in 600dpi and in such a way that colour replacements of your own would be simple select and fill jobs.

Think pirates, noblemen, colonials, revolutionaries and any number of 15th-18th century possibilities.

ascot_brown_1a.pngascot_brown_2a.png

ascot_green_1a.pngascot_green_2a.png

ascot_red_1a.pngascot_red_2a.png

ascot_blue_1a.png

I feel like there should be some other useful variations possible here, perhaps without the strap or a coloured shirt. Suggestions welcome! Comments and criticism, even cruel and critical ones, welcome as well. ;-)

A very good work on one of the most iconic and useful Pirate torsos of all times, thanks you very much, imperialshadows! *y*

The blue one looks very interesting too, finally an officer who laid down his jacket to get the job done.... :-P

EDIT: Updated to include all varieties to match the fronts.

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like them!

Following the idea that these are vests, I'm adding a new pattern for the back of the torso, giving it the full effect.

ascot_brown_1b.pngascot_brown_2b.png

ascot_green_1b.pngascot_green_2b.png

ascot_red_1b.pngascot_red_2b.png

ascot_blue_1b.png

Nice *wub*

I take it that this is the torso for the elusive Steve?

My SES was missing him :-/ So these are great!...But then I'm not really a decal person X-O

Nice *wub*

I take it that this is the torso for the elusive Steve?

My SES was missing him :-/ So these are great!...But then I'm not really a decal person X-O

He's one of only 2 pirates minifigs I don't have yet, so I feel your pain. :'-(

I'm not a decal person either, but I'm going to convince myself to try one of these soon, maybe for my sigfig.