Sign in to follow this  
SteveOC

Classic Space LEGO 6950 Mobile Rocket Transport alt. builds

Classic Space LEGO 6950 Mobile Rocket Transport alternate builds -

High Risk Terrain Rover (or Tumbler!)

Orbital Space Tug/ Repair Vehicle

Broken satellite using up remaining parts

24875138049_b11598ff08.jpg20160224_215931 by Stephen O'Connor, on Flickr

Back of the box ideas I wish I thought of when I was a kid :-)

Alt builds of old sets! I love these!

You did a good job. That tumbler looks really nice. I'm amazed you got such a nice shape with old pieces.

The repair vehicle is also great. Very creative SNOT building!

I did my own alt builds of this set here. I think yours are more creative though.

Edited by danth

Thanks danth, much appreciated.

Actually it was your thread that inspired me to have a go with my 6950 Mobile Rocket Transport. I was thinking of a big space ship like yours but got stuck and decided to do something with the wheels instead while watching Batman Begins :-)

Your set looks in better shape than mine. All my LEGO set pieces used to go loose in a box until recently. Various broken bits and missing pieces in my sets. I need to clean off the Plasticine too!

I never owned any classic space sets but i've always loved the color scheme! I like the rocket/jet in the last photo the best!

Thanks danth and Forresto, glad you like them.

The VTOL turned out pretty well. A few weak connections here and there, like the landing pads under the cockpit and the cockpit canopy needs to come forward a row but I ran out of parts from the set. I prefer to just use the parts the set came with at the moment so it's a pure back of the box alternate build.

Going to try for a single vehicle that uses all the parts before putting it away.

Yay, finally made a single space craft with all the parts except for the wheels and few broken bits. The cockpit has room for both crew members (I've lost one!).

25479919446_77f4d98ea0.jpgClassic Space LEGO 6950 Mobile Rocket Transport alternate builds V4 by Stephen O'Connor, on Flickr

25506051345_af50600f14.jpgClassic Space LEGO 6950 Mobile Rocket Transport alternate builds V4 by Stephen O'Connor, on Flickr

25211261050_99d7858dcb.jpgClassic Space LEGO 6950 Mobile Rocket Transport alternate builds V4 by Stephen O'Connor, on Flickr

24880166623_d4a1852eb0.jpgClassic Space LEGO 6950 Mobile Rocket Transport alternate builds V4 by Stephen O'Connor, on Flickr

Edited by SteveOC